Can someone recommend some good 3rd party forums?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moris

I use adblock, so all I see is:

Advertisement:

For $10 you can become a Premium member for life and have no advertisements at all.

Yep Adblock is the way forward, no ads on anything. :)

It's a Google Chrome one

Moris

I use it on Firefox. Heck, I think IE even has a version of adblock.

The only reason I can think of to see ads on the internet these days is: you like them, or you're using a device that won't allow you to install browser extensions (example: you're at work).

I've posted on 4 other forums, this is my favorite so far. Even if you don't Adblock, the rating system, and level of some of the more intelligent posters is more than worth it. There's also a lot of trolls, but that's true of every forum I've ever seen going back to the Modem BBS days.

Moris

Yep. I like the interface here. Posts are easy to edit and easy to reply to.

I posted once on Bethesda's forums. The censoring there is infuriating; it's like half the English language is forbidden, and I could not for the life of me figure out how to edit posts.

This place is just better. More adult. More engaging.

If I stick around, since I'm not supporting the site by viewing ads, I'll very likely purchase a membership.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
This interface and getting ads crammed down my throat is killing my desire to peruse the forums.

In most other forums, you would have been banned for making that post.

Blazemon

/facepalm

Providing a site "free" consumer feedback on how to improve their products and I would be banned for this?

Interesting, please tell me more.

Blazemon

I've posted on 4 other forums, this is my favorite so far. Even if you don't Adblock, the rating system, and level of some of the more intelligent posters is more than worth it. There's also a lot of trolls, but that's true of every forum I've ever seen going back to the Modem BBS days.

Yea that is true... Man how I miss the days of usenet and irc. Now everyone is fragmented amongst hundreds of sites making no one site of any real use. I guess for games its ok. But for tech stuff nothing comes close to the days of usenet when it was the only real medium out there. Back when I was doing big-iron clustering and storage in the early 90's there was literally nothing else to turn to other than the vendors.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
/facepalm

Providing a site "free" consumer feedback on how to improve their products and I would be banned for this?

That was a criticism of the other forums. They're ban happy. This forum allows constructive criticism, which is why I prefer it, although not perfect. If you have some constructive feedback, you should PM an admin or mod. Starting an open thread looks more like you're in a bad mood and looking to start an argument with someone. IE Trolling.

Blazemon

That was a criticism of the other forums. They're ban happy. This forum allows constructive criticism, which is why I prefer it, although not perfect. If you have some constructive feedback, you should PM an admin or mod. Starting an open thread looks more like you're in a bad mood and looking to start an argument with someone. IE Trolling.

That so ironic because that is exactly what I thought of your "constructive responses"

Have a good day.

doc108

Yea that is true... Man how I miss the days of usenet and irc. Now everyone is fragmented amongst hundreds of sites making no one site of any real use. I guess for games its ok. But for tech stuff nothing comes close to the days of usenet when it was the only real medium out there. Back when I was doing big-iron clustering and storage in the early 90's there was literally nothing else to turn to other than the vendors.
Yeah now you have about 20 Skyrim forums. Only this one and the official Bethsoft forums get actual traffic. The others getposted on maybe 10-15 times a day.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I love AdBlock...

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
/facepalm

Without naming specific forums, one rhymes with Texas. One bad joke about that forum is you can be banned from it by hoping too hard that you won't be banned from it.

Websites cost money to run so I can't fault Renegader for running 1-2 banners or boxes on a page with none of them streaming video to help ease the costs of maintaining the site and he does give you a relatively cheap option to avoid them.

What is it you don't like about the interface? I find it very intuitive to use and if you have any questions on how to use functions you can always PM Renegader or Rayven by starting a Conversation with them through your Inbox. You can also post interface questions in the forums themselves and members from the general community will answer them.

raven63

If you have a iphone or some other smart phone you can download tap a talk it lets you browse no ads

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts