Can someone figure this out

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bulldog

When I open the forums, after a few minutes the screen will go white and at the top of the screen it will say recovered tab and take me right back. It will do this a couple of times and then finally it will close internet explorer all together. I have also been typing a reply and the page reload and half my reply be gone. I'm sure it is just the computer I am on, but I was curious as to whether or not anyone knows what may be going on.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
It is an internet explorer 8 problem. most people have fixed this by reverting back to IE7. IE8 is Rife with bugs.
I personally use Google Chrome and have not found it to be buggy on this forum.
edit..
Going into a little more detail.. it's caused by running non-microsoft add ons with IE8. You can open IE8 without add ons in your tool bar.

Bulldog

How do you open without add ons? When I clicked it gave me a huge list of add ons. I am on my work computer. Google chrome is installed but it never opens up.

Bulldog

There was no disable unless I click on each one seperately. I probably shouldn't though as alot of them seemed to be installed by the IT as they were from the coporation

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts