1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Can one kill off The Dark Brotherhood?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Punz, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Punz

Punz Dark Lord of Skyrim

HI,

I am recently on my second play through of Skyrim and I want to have a little bit of fun. Evil fun. ;)

My current character build is female Nordic vampire, learning The Arcane arts. I have a long list of objectives I want to attempt. One of them is just killing off or at least fighting the Dark Brotherhood. Can this be achieved? I know I'll have to start the DBH quest to gain access to the Sanctuary, but can I just go in there, guns blazing, and just raise all hell?

Anyone ever try it?

Thanks,
    Punz
  2. The_Deadliest_Troll

The_Deadliest_Troll Melon Lord

Yep all you gotta do is start the DB questline and when you are in the shack with Astrid, kill her. The quest to "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" will start from there.
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. Punz

Punz Dark Lord of Skyrim

No way!? That is awesome! Thank you so much! :D
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The_Deadliest_Troll

Haha, no problem! Just, when you are in the shack, don't kill any of the hostages. Just kill Astrid. If you kill a hostage, then try to kill Astrid, she will be marked "essential" and thus she will be invincible.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Punz

Punz Dark Lord of Skyrim

Thanks for the tip. :)

Looks like I'm off to answer that little kid's pray in Windhelm. LOL
    • Like Like x 1
    The_Deadliest_Troll likes this.
  6. The Barefoot Nord

The Barefoot Nord I need some dragon scale shoes.

I have to throw out there that I did once try to kill Astrid in the shack just to see what would happen and she was unkillable. Haven't tried it since so it may work now. Hope so, this is on the agenda for one of my characters. <Evil Grin>
  7. The Barefoot Nord

I have to throw out there that I did once try to kill Astrid in the shack just to see what would happen and she was unkillable. Haven't tried it since so it may work now. Hope so, this is on the agenda for one of my characters. <Evil Grin>
    • Like Like x 1
    Punz likes this.
  8. bulbaquil

bulbaquil ...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.

If TDTroll is right, what probably happened is you killed a hostage first, then tried to kill Astrid.
  9. The_Deadliest_Troll

That, or I have read that it sometimes bugs out and makes her unkillable, or killing her doesn't trigger the quest. For that, I would guess reloading a previous save and trying it again would fix it.
  10. DClyde

DClyde Member

is it possible to do this with the Thieves Guild, College or Companions or anyone else for that matter? I've always been a good guy so didn't know these types of quests existed.
  11. The_Deadliest_Troll

It is not possible to wipe out the other guilds. You can go on a killing rampage, but there are multiple unkillable NPC's in both.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Minister Of Mayhem

Minister Of Mayhem Member

I've always wanted to do this. I'm a good and pure assassin of the night, and I would love to kill the dark brotherhood. Do I still have to do the first quest and kill that person?
  13. Doomy

Doomy Member

As a vampire, you might want to reconsider wiping them out. DB is the only place you can go when your disease level is high without getting attacked on sight.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2
  14. The_Deadliest_Troll

Yes you do, otherwise there is no way to get into the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. And if you can't get in there, you can't exactly kill them :D
    This is true. The Thieves Guild is also not hostile to stage 4 vampires.
  15. Punz

Punz Dark Lord of Skyrim

Yeah, I know. The Thieves Guild will also accept you at Stage 4. My first play though I was at Stage 4 numerous times and neither guild attacked me. However, feeding was never a problem for me. I never stayed Stage 4 for long. I'm just trying to raise hell on my second go round. No hero, no glory, just 100% pure senseless "Run from this crazed Dovahkiin!!!" hell. :D
    • Like Like x 1
    The_Deadliest_Troll likes this.
  16. DdraigGwyn

DdraigGwyn Cymru

Wiping out the DB also gets you a nice bonus (5000 gold as I remember)
  17. Punz

Punz Dark Lord of Skyrim

Sweet! I could always use more gold.
  18. The Barefoot Nord

As I recall I did wipe out the hostages first. Thanks for clarifiing that!
  19. Aaren

Aaren A beautiful sight

LOOL
    i remember my first meeting with astrid...i always hated them and i was surprised that after slashing her head off and let it roll on the floor (and it did) that it was possible to kill em all...
    so ya u can
    • Like Like x 1
    Punz likes this.
  20. Stereofanic

Stereofanic Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind

I'm glad they finally decided to allow you to kill the dark brotherhood thought I wish I could kill the thieves guild too.