Can one kill off The Dark Brotherhood?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
HI,

I am recently on my second play through of Skyrim and I want to have a little bit of fun. Evil fun. ;)

My current character build is female Nordic vampire, learning The Arcane arts. I have a long list of objectives I want to attempt. One of them is just killing off or at least fighting the Dark Brotherhood. Can this be achieved? I know I'll have to start the DBH quest to gain access to the Sanctuary, but can I just go in there, guns blazing, and just raise all hell?

Anyone ever try it?

Thanks,
Punz

Yep all you gotta do is start the DB questline and when you are in the shack with Astrid, kill her. The quest to "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" will start from there.

Haha, no problem! Just, when you are in the shack, don't kill any of the hostages. Just kill Astrid. If you kill a hostage, then try to kill Astrid, she will be marked "essential" and thus she will be invincible.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I have to throw out there that I did once try to kill Astrid in the shack just to see what would happen and she was unkillable. Haven't tried it since so it may work now. Hope so, this is on the agenda for one of my characters. <Evil Grin>

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I have to throw out there that I did once try to kill Astrid in the shack just to see what would happen and she was unkillable. Haven't tried it since so it may work now. Hope so, this is on the agenda for one of my characters. <Evil Grin>

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.

If TDTroll is right, what probably happened is you killed a hostage first, then tried to kill Astrid.

If TDTroll is right, what probably happened is you killed a hostage first, then tried to kill Astrid.
That, or I have read that it sometimes bugs out and makes her unkillable, or killing her doesn't trigger the quest. For that, I would guess reloading a previous save and trying it again would fix it.

is it possible to do this with the Thieves Guild, College or Companions or anyone else for that matter? I've always been a good guy so didn't know these types of quests existed.
It is not possible to wipe out the other guilds. You can go on a killing rampage, but there are multiple unkillable NPC's in both.

I've always wanted to do this. I'm a good and pure assassin of the night, and I would love to kill the dark brotherhood. Do I still have to do the first quest and kill that person?

Doomy

As a vampire, you might want to reconsider wiping them out. DB is the only place you can go when your disease level is high without getting attacked on sight.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2

I've always wanted to do this. I'm a good and pure assassin of the night, and I would love to kill the dark brotherhood. Do I still have to do the first quest and kill that person?
Yes you do, otherwise there is no way to get into the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. And if you can't get in there, you can't exactly kill them :D
As a vampire, you might want to reconsider wiping them out. DB is the only place you can go when your disease level is high without getting attacked on sight.

This is true. The Thieves Guild is also not hostile to stage 4 vampires.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

Yeah, I know. The Thieves Guild will also accept you at Stage 4. My first play though I was at Stage 4 numerous times and neither guild attacked me. However, feeding was never a problem for me. I never stayed Stage 4 for long. I'm just trying to raise hell on my second go round. No hero, no glory, just 100% pure senseless "Run from this crazed Dovahkiin!!!" hell. :D

Wiping out the DB also gets you a nice bonus (5000 gold as I remember)

Aaren

A beautiful sight
LOOL
i remember my first meeting with astrid...i always hated them and i was surprised that after slashing her head off and let it roll on the floor (and it did) that it was possible to kill em all...
so ya u can

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I'm glad they finally decided to allow you to kill the dark brotherhood thought I wish I could kill the thieves guild too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts