PC Can I Run Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm considering getting Skyrim on Steam since I finally have a desktop, and mods sound amazing (can finally make a mage that actually does damage at later levels!), but being completely new to PC gaming, I know nothing about system requirements or specifications. I know this computer I'm using is at least decent; it ran the entirety of Bioshock Infinite just fine on both the Low and Lowest settings, with only a few big but harmless hiccups during certain parts that apparently a lot of people experienced even with good computers.

Here's my current PC's System Information:
OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS DescriptionNot Available
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System Name----------
System ManufacturerHewlett-Packard
System ModelHP Pavilion 23-1000z AiO PC AMD (Ackee-U
System Typex64-based PC
ProcessorAMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAMI 7.06, 6/15/2012
SMBIOS Version2.7
Windows DirectoryC:\windows
System DirectoryC:\windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume1
LocaleUnited States
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name----------
Time ZonePacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory3.45 GB
Available Physical Memory1.54 GB
Total Virtual Memory6.90 GB
Available Virtual Memory4.44 GB
Page File Space3.45 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

So could my PC run Skyrim fine? If not, is there anything I could do to make it run smoothly? I don't mind not having fancy graphics as long as it doesn't look absolutely terrible, like some mod I found that completely removes the model textures from everything in the game. Like, Oblivion-level graphics would be perfectly fine with me if it means I can play the game without killing this PC, (it's being borrowed, I plan on investing in a full-on gaming PC soon-ish).

I also plan on running the mods Better Magic, Locational Damage, and Better Combat AI. Assuming Skyrim will run ok on this PC, will they run fine, too?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I'm considering getting Skyrim on Steam since I finally have a desktop, and mods sound amazing (can finally make a mage that actually does damage at later levels!), but being completely new to PC gaming, I know nothing about system requirements or specifications. I know this computer I'm using is at least decent; it ran the entirety of Bioshock Infinite just fine on both the Low and Lowest settings, with only a few big but harmless hiccups during certain parts that apparently a lot of people experienced even with good computers.

Here's my current PC's System Information:
OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS DescriptionNot Available
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System Name----------
System ManufacturerHewlett-Packard
System ModelHP Pavilion 23-1000z AiO PC AMD (Ackee-U
System Typex64-based PC
ProcessorAMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAMI 7.06, 6/15/2012
SMBIOS Version2.7
Windows DirectoryC:\windows
System DirectoryC:\windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume1
LocaleUnited States
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name----------
Time ZonePacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory3.45 GB
Available Physical Memory1.54 GB
Total Virtual Memory6.90 GB
Available Virtual Memory4.44 GB
Page File Space3.45 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

So could my PC run Skyrim fine? If not, is there anything I could do to make it run smoothly? I don't mind not having fancy graphics as long as it doesn't look absolutely terrible, like some mod I found that completely removes the model textures from everything in the game. Like, Oblivion-level graphics would be perfectly fine with me if it means I can play the game without killing this PC, (it's being borrowed, I plan on investing in a full-on gaming PC soon-ish).

I also plan on running the mods Better Magic, Locational Damage, and Better Combat AI. Assuming Skyrim will run ok on this PC, will they run fine, too?
whats you Ghz for your processor? also if you get Skyrim working why not have a go at Requeim,

whats you Ghz for your processor? also if you get Skyrim working why not have a go at Requeim,

It's 3.60 GHz.
and your complaining that it can not run skyrim with that processor if you have a good graphics card your game could run with ENBs

I'm not saying it can't run, I don't know if it can. Like I said, I'm completely new to anything PC gaming, I've never had the luxury of owning a desktop before.

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7540D. Is that good enough for Skyrim?

KritikalPT

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

In case of doubt, check this website.

It's about a third of the way from "minimum" to "recommended." That's good enough to run perfectly fine on the lowest settings, right? Or should I expect some hiccups?

I had the same thing on my laptop, and by dropping pretty much every setting to its minimum it ran fine, with the occasional hiccup when things got really intense, like a large fight.

You might also be interested in this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15123/?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts