PC Can I run Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KD.

I was trying to find out if there's anyway I can get my laptop to run Skyrim. I have it for Xbox already, but my boyfriend and I share a TV and he hates to just watch me play, so I want to set it up on my computer as not to cause an inconvenience. I'm not the most computer savvy person and this laptop was given to me by my former employer, so I don't know much about it. I used systemrequirementslab.com to tell me what I need to know and this is what it said:

CPU
Minimum: Info
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz

CPU Speed
Minimum: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor
You Have: 2.3 GHz

RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 3.7 GB

OS
Minimum: Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
Minimum: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM (NOTE: This requirement is NOT yet confirmed by Bethesda - NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT & ATI Radeon X1800. Please be advised this may change soon).

You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required-You Have​
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.1
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.1
Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 64 MB

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Conexant 20671 SmartAudio HD

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6 GB
You Have: 252.5 GB

From what this says (not that I know how accurate it is) I'm only short on Dedicated Video Ram. I checked it myself and it looks like that number is right. I guess my question is then, is there anyway I can change that or will my computer just not run the game?

Petron

Hello, it seems your graphic card will run Skyrim on low-settings with extremely low FPS. At least i did not succeed to run Skyrim on similar laptop (internal graphic chip is too low performance one).

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
You would be able to play Skyrim on high settings if it wasn't for that Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 card.

You can play on low and probably with a tweaked prefs ini on medium quality with lower resolution to increase FPS rate.

If you want more help on ini settings, you can just let me know ;)

KD.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can get it figured out. I'll let you know if I need more help. I appreciate it! :D

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
I wouldn't trust that site, either, it isn't accurate. As for the Intel HD Graphics 3000, it runs Skyrim, but on low and it looks to be very low in FPS. Please see the following video for settings that could work for you;

Embedding doesn't work, so click this instead.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
You are welcome. :)

Also, if the brand of the laptop supports it, you can update your RAM. :) I did with one of mine, and it runs better because of it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts