1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Can i get an unbreakable lock pick ?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by 8septimsapint, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 8septimsapint

8septimsapint New Member

looked everywhere
  2. Nightmare Shadow

Nightmare Shadow Master of Shadow

It's a perk on the lockpick skill tree. Other than that, I haven't heard of such an awesome tool.
  3. Starr

Starr New Member

Yes it does exist. During the quest to join the Thieves guild and after, you will get a quest line that makes you join the "Nightingales" where you need to go kill the Guild Leader who stole this master lockpick. I made the mistake of returning it to finish the quest but used it a couple times. Very nice to have.
  4. Kasha

Kasha Active Member

Im keeping that lockpick, then when i get a high enough lockpick skill i will get the unbreakable perk, and then finish that quest
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jd-inflames

jd-inflames Member

I thought it was a key though? Skeleton key? Does it really count as a lockpick? If I can actually raise my lockpicking skill with it, then yes, I'll hold on to it (my current lockpicking skill is around 40).
  6. Dzylon

Dzylon Active Member

I have hundreds of lockpicks. They're what, 3 septims each? I break about five on every master lock and haven't run out. I was always running out in Oblivion/Fallout.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Starr

Starr New Member

I have 100 lockpicking, 300+picks,+90ish potions and 4 pieces of lockpicking gear I made that are each +40 so I will not miss the key too much. Masters still break a couple a picks for me mainly due to that im too lazy to switch on my gear for locks anymore.
  8. Kasha

Kasha Active Member

Lockpicks where worth more than gold, asking people to pay you in lockpicks, and locks where so much harder. it would be the last chest on the last part of a ruin, with one lockpick left.
  9. tha420Moose

tha420Moose bLaze up. play skYrim

it is called the skeleton key but it is in fact an unbreakable lockpick.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    jd-inflames: 1 Point (Thanks for the response!) Nov 24, 2011
  10. jd-inflames

jd-inflames Member

Good deal. I'll definitely be holding on to it then until I've maxed out my lockpicking.