OOC By Night We Rise (Closed)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    By Night We Rise
    An Elder Scrolls RP By: Specter of Death, A. Auditore, and Hlif 'Ulfr
    As Skyrim goes into Dusk, and the Full Moon Shines. We Rise.
    In the Midst of Deep Shadow, with Vengeance by Fang and Blade. We Rise.
    Our Honor and Valor turned, by the Secrets we Hid.
    We Seek the Blood in the Enemies long Forgotten.
    And so, By Night We Rise.
    <:::::::::::::::::::::([)xxxxx(} ||~8~|| {)xxxxx(]):::::::::::::::::::::>
    ~17th of Sun's Dusk, Two Hundred and Seventh Year of the Fourth Era~
    6 years after the Dragon Crisis. Skyrim has become ravaged after the Civil War. The Dragonborn, fallen to the blade of the Thalmor Armies, and Stormcloaks gained Victory in his honor. Their control ultimately pushed the Thalmor control from Skyrim. Few Dovah remain, those that do are hunted by the Blades. The Guild Wars destroyed the remaining Dark Brotherhood, and outlawed what was left of the Thieves Guild. The College of Winterhold suffered the 2nd Collapse, destroying what was left of the Northern City. The ruin is now controlled by Dominion Researchers, searching them for the remains of the Eye of Magnus. The Silverhand, let loose the secret of the Companion's Circle. Making every known Companion Hunted and Killed by those wishing for Safety. The Silverhand, now the Strongest Remaining guild, protects the holds from Werewolf and Vampire influence. All while being funding and controlling a drug smuggling crime ring, called the Crimson Caravan. Due to the overwhelming influence, and promise of protection, by the Hand and Caravan, most Law has been forgotten. But there may be hope yet.
    You are, once were, had ties with, are a supporter of them, or seek their guidance. And you wish to regain the once great and honorable Companions. They hold 3 safe houses in Skyrim, for Werewolves seeking refuge from the Hand. One in the City of Thieves, Riften. One in the Hold of Death, Falkreath. And the last, in the Ocean Ruled Town, Dawnstar. In order to gain the Honor that the Companions once had, you must uncover the truth behind the Silverhand. And show Skyrim their true, dark and bloody colors.
    Hey Guys! I know it may seem that I am a busy body, but the fact is, I am. This was an Idea that I had, and that I invited Hlif and A. Audi to help me refine and develop. And it became this beautiful idea that I have a feeling will be a very fun!​
    So the basic concept behind this, is that your character, who has some sort of ties with the Companions, has recently returned to Skyrim, or has been in hiding, to find virtually everybody hunting and outlawing all Companions Sympathizers and Werewolves. And in order for your Character to bring honor to himself/herself and/or the Companions is by looking into the mysterious Silverhand Activity.​
    As far as Characters go, I require that your character has some sort of connection with the Companions, or has heard of them in some way and admires them for a reason. Such as tyou are a werewolf searching for their guidance. Whether that be doing odd jobs, or being a long term member, through and through. But, your character does not have to be a Werewolf by any means. I will also be looking for bad characters to run with the Crimson Caravan. For those characters, I would like them to be Khajiit, but I am not against other Races. You can also be under hire by the Caravan, hunting werewolves, or just running with them for the drugs and smuggling. I am also okay with people using 2 characters, as long as you can post frequently with both.​
    NOTE: This will be an 18+ RP. So it will include cursing, violence, and other things that some may not be comfortable with. So keep that in mind!
    Roster (Closed):​
    Companions:​
    Specter of Death with Tyrian Rallis
    Hlif 'Ulfr with Brynn Radulfr
    A. Auditore with Keran
    CapObvious with Dolmas/Valen Hleyrayn
    Valin Oakthorn with Alarik Oakthorn/Bron Gohiik
    Crimson Caravan:​
    Specter of Death with Ri'Zankir Moonblood
    Farthlion with Natch Lex
    Hlif 'Ulfr with Zihari
    Basic CC Setup - Keep it Broad, I want your character's past and personality to develop in the RP​
    Name
    Race/Age/Sex
    Class
    Ties with the Companions or Crimson Caravan
    Appearance (Images Encouraged)
    Gear - Weapon's, Armor, Magicka
    Short Backstory with the Companions and their return to Skyrim
    Rules:
    1. All Basic & Common Sense RP Rules
    2. Have Fun
    3. Respect Each-other
    4. No Fighting with Each-other
    5. Post as Often as Possible
    Thanks Everyone!

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    I will most likely be posting a secondary character here as well but as for now, I will be posting Brynn's CC solely. On a similar note if you are accepted please PM me with your character card as well as colour as I will be putting together a Character Card/ Roleplay reference compilation.

Brynn Ráðúlfr's

Name: Brynn Ráðúlfr
    Race: Nord
    Class: Warrior/Hunter
    Weapons:sadface: Main )-Dual wielded swords (Secondary) Bow

6882857083_c9d483d0b5_z.jpg

637x358.resizedimage

Armor:

IMG_20140102_153247.jpg

Affliction: Lycanthropy (Werewolf)
    Appearance:
    Years of the hunt, of stalking her target have instilled a certain animalistic grace into Brynn. Her eyes, in shades of bright to grey blues, may flicker in an instance from the full intensity of what lay in her heart or mind to a cold, protected, indifference but always contain a certain intelligent feral shine. For all her time spent outside the confines of four walls, Brynn’s skin remains fair in colour drawing further attention to the dirty mulberry of her war paint surrounding messily each eye. Her face, framed by long brown hair falling in large, soft, loose waves or curls remains my some miracle void of visible scarring. However, with the perfect combination of the ideal company and enjoyable situation a broad smile breaking across her full lips will cause the barely visible indent of dimples to appear.

As an active huntress Brynn remains trim and fit. A slightly high waist and round hips lend a certain swing to her step, giving her a rather distinct walk. Although not easily lost in a marketplace crowd the same cannot be said for a shaded forest.

Affiliation with Companions: but she was once a companion, and still considers herself to be.

History will reveal itself during the RP . The section where she joins the Companions is yet to be written. Her attachment to them will be made clear in my first post.

Last edited:

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Found it! Ill work on a card tomorrow

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I forgot to mention that I need writing samples. Please. Captain, myself and the others will be considering your CC after you post a sample write.

Via Samsung GS4

AS88

Staff member
    Moved out of Active Stories. Since I've become RP Mod, I've had OOC in the roleplaying folder, and kept Active Stories for IC only.

Enjoy guys, considering applying myself once I get back on Monday :)

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Let me get to work on making a character. I need a new RP... I don't care what it is. I just need something to distract me.

Any preference of a male or female character? Also, for a writing example... would an RP I have participated in before suffice, or would you like me to make something up with my new character?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    I'd probably guess something now, as your writing could be different from then to now, but that's up to specter it's his rp

Which... I'll have to get mine tomorrow, I'm on my phone and outside :eek:

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Hey, Specter! I was looking this over, and I must say it sounds very interesting! If it's alright with you and the others, I will be able to post a cc for this up by tonight. I'll do my best to come up with an idea for boy sides, and the I can decide which would be more interesting. It that's alright, of course.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Alright. It doesn't have to be Khajiit, just saying it would be lore friendly. P.S The Captain, we are looking over you info.

Via Samsung GS4

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Hey Specter. I have a character that I have already written awhile ago that I think would work great with this RP. I have his backstory fully written out, I just have to work on a few bits to include part of the plot as well. Would it be alright if I PM'ed it to you, so you can give me a good idea of how much I should trim, so that his story is as vague or broad as you need it for his story and personality to grow throughout the rp?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ya no problem. Invite Hlif and Audi as well, it's not just my RP it's there's to. Excited to read it!

Via Samsung GS4

A.Auditore

maybe...
    >_>

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Right! Sorry. :oops: Will do. Just a small warning , though. The backstory is...well...quite extensive... to put it mildly.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Natch Lex
    crusaders_of_iram_by_gabriel_verdon-d5x42k2.jpg
    INFO
    » NAME Natch Lex
    » ALIAS Twig, Baby Face
    » AGE 20 years old
    » RACE Imperial
    » BIRTH DATE First Seed 10
    » CLASS Thief
    » GENDER Male
    » HEIGHT 6'0
    » WEIGHT 150
    » BUILD Stringy and twig-like, but muscular
    » AFFILIATION Crimson Caravan/Silver Hand
    » AFFLICTIONS A slight skooma addiction
    APPEARANCE
    » HAIR LENGTH Short, about 1 inch long
    » HAIR COLOR Black
    » FACIAL HAIR Occasional stubble around his lower jaw. Often criticized for having a "baby face"
    » EYE COLOR Brown
    » SKIN COLOR Tan
    » SCARS A few messy ones on his right forearms, but nothing huge. He's a young kid who although gifted, hasn't seen much battle time.
    » WEAPONS Natch carries two curved blades, a dagger, and a light wooden bow.
    » ARMOR Natch doesn't wear traditional thief garb. He prefers furs and leathers. In warmer areas of Skyrim, Natch would leave his chest bare (minus a strap to carry his bow on his back), which in the wintery climates he would wear a simple shirt with a fur cloak to keep warm. He feels restricted with too much armor on his upper body. Last but not least, Natch is never without his helmet - a piece given to him by his father.
    HISTORY
    » SHORT BACKGROUND STORY – Natch knew crime his entire life. His grandfather was a notorious jewel thief, his his father was as far into the drug smuggling system as it got, and he ran around with the Crimson Caravan.
    He wasn't your typical thief. Natch grew up well off and was often shielded from the crime his family was into. When he turned 12 he was exposed to the world of drug smuggling, and began to help with the family business. Very few people suspected a young boy to have bags full of moon sugar and jugs full of skooma. To everyone, he was simply the son of a farmer who was selling his flour and storing water for the long journey home.
    While Natch was a cunning liar and excellent at negotiating (especially when he was as high as a kite), he didn't use words as his primary weapon. Natch loved to duel wield his two curved sword, but he also liked to end "negotiations" via dagger as well. While an excellent fighter, he has very limited experience in real battle situations.
    As the young Imperial grew into a man, the art of smuggling became a hard job. Private work was too pricey, as the bigger smuggling groups would often tax Natch. That would mean he didn't have any extra coin to cover his own addictions. Struggling to find private work, Natch was forced to join the Crimson Caravan, the most dominant group in his profession.
    » EXAMPLE
    Natch desperately wanted some skooma. No, he needed it. His body shook, an uncontrollable nervousness having been cast upon him the last few days. He watched the various patrons at the inn merrily go about their day, unaware of the feeling that he may burst at any moment. He himself had been waiting several days for a Dunmer who would be smuggling a gracious amount of his precious drink over the border of Cyrodiil.

"Natch," a familiar voice spoke from over his shoulder. Antus, his informant and longtime partner gave him a stern look. How long had he been there? Natch should have been asking this question - instead, his mind immediately traveled to where his skooma could be. If Antus was here, what did that mean for his skooma?

"Where's the Dunmer?" Natch questioned immediately. His normally quiet demeanor was shaken up, and by the look on Antus's face, his voice was telling.

Antus sighed before speaking, "We have a problem... the Elf got a better deal from some other guys. Crimson Caravan. Been taking a lot of our work lately."

Natch froze, his eyes growing wide. The Imperial had the look of a crazed man. "No skooma?"

"Well," Antus pursed his lips before reaching into the pocket of his pants and taking out a small glass bottle. Natch snatched it from his hand, taking a sip. It took only seconds for the effects of the liquid to set in. The shaking stopped, and his nerves were once again settled down. Everything was back to normal - he could go back to his relaxed self. Skooma was damn amazing.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok. Captain, the writers have come to a decision. Unfortunately, we cannot accept your CC admission to this RP. We all think that your character is a little OP in the fact that he is not only a master of the Bow and an expert of the Blades, but that he is in the Circle of the companions. I may not have mentioned it earlier, but none of the Current CC'S are in the Circle, and some have just contracted Lycanthropy by other means. Thus making your character a bit more OP than the rest. Then there comes the problems with your example post. It had some noticeable errors throughout, which can ruin the fun of an RP. It may seem like a harsh decision, but
    we have come to it as a whole. Thank you for taking the time to post, but your character just doesn't fit.

Via Samsung GS4

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts