• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I am not going to write anything here about which build to choose. I am way too fickle to make any firm decisions and can change whole course of the game in whim of mood.

Flamingtaco

I'm considering a battlemage character as well. What race do you think will work best for focus on melee and destruction. My other character would be a two handed but otherwise pure mage, I think breton will be best for that. Does anyone else think playing pure mage is a bad idea?

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Bretons and Altmers are pretty good if you want to be a mage, but as you know, you can do that with any race. Bretons and Altmers just give you bonuses. And as far as being a pure mage, I think it'll be much easier in Skyrim now that you can dual wield spells. I say go for it

Cole

Mythik
I think I might go for a Warrior Mage type of build. Focus in heavy armor, shields and one-handed weapons. Restorations magics along with some alteration and conjuration for healing obviously, and providing a Feather spell for when i get over encumbered and conjuration for summoning weapons or beasts to fight with me. A Paladin is the most accurate description of what I think I'll be.

Cole

Mythik
I think that's probably how I'm going to go for my first play through. Since I can't use restoration, I'll put those points into Alchemy to make potions, a good plan B. :)

Cole

Mythik
Oh, mmk, I understand ya now. I'll probably end up winging it when it comes to a lot of my perks lol, depending on how my play style develops and what I tend to do most

Cole

Mythik
I understand. I did that a lot in World of Warcraft, but I just burnt myself out on everything to quickly, so I'm going to just go with the flow and see what catches my eye.

Tusck

This is will be my Nord warrior:

1 handed - 9
armsman x5
fighting stance x1
savage strike x1
crit charge x1
paralyzing strike x1

Block - 10
shield wall x5
deflect arrows x1
elemental protection x1
power bash x1
deadly bash x1
bash disarm x1

Heavy armor - 8
juggernaut x5
conditioning x1
well fitting x1
reflected blows x1

enchantment - 8
enchanter x5
insightful armor x1
corprus enchantment x1
extra effect x1

Smithing -15
steel x2
arcane x1
dwarven x2
advanced x2
glass x2
ebony x2
daedric x2
dragon x2

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
you seem pretty tight with the builds :/ I just have them as a goal but I'll probably change them around as I play the game. The design philosophy of Skyrim is that your characters are not strictly predetermined but what your character does

Flamingtaco

I love that there are no main skills. I had to change my class with cheats a lot in oblivion because I had chosen skills I never used.

Cole

Mythik
ugh, i hated that, I didn't have the ability to change them with cheats, so I either had to make a new character, or just keep going.

Cole

Mythik
yeah, my computer back then could barely even run Duck Hunter, so the xbox and its shininess were amazing to me. Oblivion at the time was the prettiest game I had seen up that point.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts