• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

arsha

the idea is to create the most powerful beggar in Skyrim. and who'd expect a beggar could defeat Alduin?

Race: Breton or High Elf
Preset: Old, Skinny, Ugly, Bald, One-eyed.
Perks: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#296754
Weapon: Dagger of any kind (Iron is preferable)
try to get high magicka as many as possible. low HP is OK, since you are old. and sick.
Shouts: Unrelenting Force, Ice Form, Storm Call, Dragon Aspect.

as a poor, old beggar you must find a way to survive. try to take job from the inn-keepers (the bounty) and loot everything for the bandits and sell it for coin. eating is not an issue, but you must at least save up to 5000 gold to purchase a house or you can try finding a safe chest.

as a poor, old beggar you won't wear fancy clothes or armor. only wear ragged trousers, gloves, ragged boots, ragged cap, plain silver necklace and plain silver ring. (may be enchanted)

as a poor, old beggar nobody wants you. you must travel alone. all alone.

there are ways to enjoy this role:

1. Sneaky type
as a beggar you must be good at sneaking, not to steal anything, no. even beggar has its pride.
sneak through dungeon undetected to kill bandits with frost/ice spike spells. when your magicka runs out, use your Ice form shout then run for your life! (this bastard..). when your level is high enough, you can try advancing your illusion perks, like being invisible then cast Frenzy to let enemies fighting each other, or calming a Cave Bear so you can avoid Bonebreak Fever. buy a set of ragged clothes from Radiant Raiment (or loot em from Dressers) and enchant it with Fortify Magicka, Fortify Magicka Regen, and Fortify Illusion for this build.

2. F- It.
as a beggar you fear nothing, because your life is miserable enough. try cast Oakflesh (or something like that) to begin with. approach the bandits and hit 'em with frost/fire spells. when your magicka runs out, wield your old dagger then stab 'em to death. Fus Ro Dah if the situation get worse, and also restore your health using restoration spell if possible. and when your level is high enough, unlock the Impact perk and start spamming dual casting destruction spell like there's no tomorrow. buy a set of ugly clothes from Radiant Raiments and enchant it with Fortify Magicka, Fortify Magicka Regen, and Fortify Destruction for this build.

Supporting skills are:

Enchanting: with those perks unlocked (see link above) nothing can stop you, even dragon priest will go back to his coffin in fear of your presence. with right enchantments you can reduce magicka cost up to 90~100%. which is good especially you have a lot of magicka, and your destruction spells cost nothing but one digit. combined with high Destruction skill and right perks, you're almost invincible. Impact FTW! to get high enchanting point you must have a Soul Trap enchantment then enchant it on your Iron Daggers. sell the daggers, buy some petty/lesser/greater/grand soul gems. repeat.

Restoration: with those perks unlocked (see link above) you'll get more than enough coverage for your health. additional 50% magicka regen and Restoration spells cure 50% win it. usually I only use Fast Healing (heals 75 HP). it's alright since my beggar only has maximum 250 HP.

Conjuration: try to spend no perks here unless you need a friend.. err.. companion for your lonely soul. conjuration is always good for advancing your level since it's easy to rise(by 'exploiting' Soul Trap) also with high magicka (about >670) and with help of a set of Fortify Conjuration gear you can summon a Storm Thrall (or something like that) for about >400 magicka only. it's funny when non essential NPC reacts about how dangerous your spells are then their body found layin on the street by the morning.

#try to carry each set of ragged outfit (with different enchantments for different purposes) anywhere so you can plan your strategy well according to the situation. since each set of ragged outfit weigh no more than 5, you should have no problem with only 300 Carrying Points, no?

#around level >40 you should play in Master difficulty with no worries. combine Impact + 2x Augmented elements + high magicka and with a perfect timing then you can even put down a Dragon Priest without breaking a sweat. making you the most powerful beggar in Skyrim.

p#lease take a note that this build isn't made for close range combat. the F- It section above was made for battling against low-leveled enemies only. I tried to battle <the strongest kind of>Draugr Deathlord in close combat with only 300 AR (Ebonyflesh + 3x Mage Armor perks) once and get OHKO'd easily lol. 2HKO when hit by arrows though.

AS88

Staff member
This is just a mage :confused: I don't see how such a powerful character would somehow equate to being a beggar, other than the clothing. Am I missing something?

I would've thought a beggar would have very limited skills, if any. Maybe some sneak, pickpocket and lockpicking, but very little else.

EDIT: If they looted everything, they'd have the money to buy whatever they wanted...

I don't mean to offend, I just don't get it

arsha

of course I forget to mention

for starting money in order to get safe chest at least you must save up to 5000 so looting is the quickest way to get the coin.

after you get the safe chest you may spend the coin for buying soul gems, potions and spell tomes only for leveling. not by looting, you must work in order to get it.

if you have extra coin, store it in your chest and never use it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts