1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

[Build] Barbarain

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Claymore152, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Claymore152

Claymore152 New Member

This is my version of a barbarian. Barbarians rely on power attacks (also meaning stamina) to quickly cut down enemys. I hope you like this build and if you have suggestions, feel free to post below.

Race: orc/nord/redgaurd (or what ever you want, it's up to YOU)
    Skills: Two handed
    Light armor
    One handed?
    Shout: defensive (disarm or unrelenting force works)
    Weapon: 2 H or dual wield
    Armor: light
    Stone: Warrior

You will need to level your health and stamina pretty even until about 300 stamina (you porb won't be doing THAT many power attacks to need more, but feel free to grab more)

Enchantments:
    W: Absorb Health/stamina
    A: Fortify 2 H (or 1 H) resist magic/frost

Here are some perks needed: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
    (note can switch out the 2 H and 1 H. And can switch out the choice of weapon specific perks. AND when dual wielding you don't need restoration dual cast.)

How to play: Now, you are a BA, sprint in and start hammering off power attacks. When your stamina or health runs low, run out and let your follower fight while you heal, then charge right back in. Simple right? I hope you guys enjoyed this simple build and i hope to post more in the future.

2. Cristian Lazaro

Barbarians never run out! Barbarians fight to the death!

3. TJ0331

TJ0331 Nords forever

ohhohoho i like

4. Nighthiker77

Nighthiker77 Well-Known Member

I've been double casting healing in both hands instead of dual casting. It is more magica efficient. I only have 100 magica so I have to make the most of it

5. wrighty

wrighty Thalmor 3rd Emissary

nice build I've always enjoyed playing a barbarian, it could be interesting to add roleplay aspects to it too, for example a traditional nord barbarian would live in the snowy regions of Skyrim, wear fur armour and only use items you've created, like for arrows you would have to chop wood and mine iron ore.
    If you have hearthfire that could add a lot to this build, you could buy the land north of whiterun in the pale and build the small house layout and use it as a base, a cabin hideout, this is also handy because you can build useful things outside like a smelter, which are normally only in major cities and as a barbarian you would avoid those.

6. TJ0331

TJ0331 Nords forever

sounds cool I still dont have hearthfire because idk if its worth it.

7. wrighty

wrighty Thalmor 3rd Emissary

I would say its definitely worth the money, if you just rush through the game once and never touch it again then no its not because it doesn't add any dungeons or anything but if you roleplay at all then its awesome, for example if your roleplaying a hunter you can build a trophy room of animals you've killed, if your an alchemist you can build a greenhouse if your a chef you can build the kitchen and try all the new recipes and plant vegetables and ingredients in the garden outside, theres also cool unique additions to each house like a bee hive, mill, fish hatchery.

8. TJ0331

TJ0331 Nords forever

i might get it then

9. High King of Skyrim

High King of Skyrim King of the barbarian horde

Magic resistance is important here. As your barbarian hits the higher levels, not many melee opponents will trouble you too much, however a powerful mage will kill you in a second. The alteration perks for magic resistance will be handy as will the saviours hide and the book of love quest...problem solved :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. TJ0331

TJ0331 Nords forever

I love the fur armors but the stalhrim is so good and it fits a nord warrior.

11. Joker

Joker Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker

Race:
    Nord Female, just to have fun

Skills:

Two handed
    Everything but Deep Wounds & Skull Crusher

Heavy Armor
    Everything but Reflect Blows

Block
    Shield Wall(5), Quick Reflexes, and the 3 Bash Perks

Archery - Yes, archery, ranged attack.
    Overdraw (5) and up the left side to Bull's Eye, no Steady Hand

Smithing
    Arcane & everything up the right side to Dragon.

Stone
    Warrior

Heavy Armor to get the Wolf set after proving myself honorable. Light enough to wear the full set, yet improved with only the Steel perk in smithing..... As for shouts & enchanting, who said anything about dragons or magic? This is a role play to me, no dragons until I am bored, and have taken at least two skills to legendary on this build.

12. khazan99

khazan99 Semi-professional cabbage collector

I like that idea, because, yes, at higher levels, mages are annoyingly potent against a melee character, especially when they are at a distance. What spells are you using to raise your Alteration in order to get the magic resistance perks (staying within the RP idea of a barbarian, I mean)?

13. High King of Skyrim

High King of Skyrim King of the barbarian horde

I just grind detect life when I'm in a city. Transmute is something I use often to help raise my smithing skill. The role playing aspect kind of takes a backseat here. It's a necessary evil if you want your barbarian to reach the 85% magic resistance cap. Once this is achieved mages are not too much of a problem to handle.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Ravenous Cobra

I think you can use Oakskin and stay as a barbarian Roleplay. In my opinion think of it as part of the I don't know frenzied state. (though that is personal association) that he takes less physical damage. it will be slow leveling alteration but you will get there eventually.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TJ0331

TJ0331 Nords forever

My barbarian only has ice resistance since he is a nord otherwise I just have to kill them before they kill me. However I do always play on adept so its more of a balanced play.

16. TJ0331

TJ0331 Nords forever

I got hearth fire and got the property up by dawnstar. It fits barbarians quite nicely.