Bug between Drain Vitality and Marked For Death

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Before heading to Dimhollow with my new character, I decided to pick up some Shouts, including the two words for Marked For Death that are not inside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.

Imagine my surprise when finding the words—Kill and Leech—triggered the learning of these words for Drain Vitality as well, even though that Shout's words should be Health, Stamina, and Magicka. Kill and Leech show up under both Marked For Death and Drain Vitality, and when I unlock a word in either Shout, it unlocks it for the other Shout as well.

As far as I can tell, Drain Vitality does work with the wrong words. However, since both it and Marked For Death drain the target's health, I can't be sure that when I'm using Drain Vitality, it is Drain Vitality and not a copy of Marked For Death. The new Shout animation occurs, but there is no vocal Shout performed.

I haven't gotten the real word for Drain Vitality from Dimhollow yet; I'll update when I do.

For now I would suggest everyone stay away from the Marked For Death words if you do want to get all three proper Drain Vitality words.

Angel Medina

Skaterator
Before heading to Dimhollow with my new character, I decided to pick up some Shouts, including the two words for Marked For Death that are not inside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.

Imagine my surprise when finding the words—Kill and Leech—triggered the learning of these words for Drain Vitality as well, even though that Shout's words should be Health, Stamina, and Magicka. Kill and Leech show up under both Marked For Death and Drain Vitality, and when I unlock a word in either Shout, it unlocks it for the other Shout as well.

As far as I can tell, Drain Vitality does work with the wrong words. However, since both it and Marked For Death drain the target's health, I can't be sure that when I'm using Drain Vitality, it is Drain Vitality and not a copy of Marked For Death. The new Shout animation occurs, but there is no vocal Shout performed.

I haven't gotten the real word for Drain Vitality from Dimhollow yet; I'll update when I do.

For now I would suggest everyone stay away from the Marked For Death words if you do want to get all three proper Drain Vitality words.

dats if those players already got all the shouts mastered before the dlc was released....only would happen to those who havent got the marked for death shout

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
dats if those players already got all the shouts mastered before the dlc was released....only would happen to those who havent got the marked for death shout

I don't quite understand what you're saying here, so my reply might be pointless, but... I started this character yesterday, after installing Dawnguard. I got the first Marked For Death word, then went to Fort Dawnguard, then got the second Marked For Death word. So, I definitely didn't have all Shouts, let alone even one Shout, mastered before Dawnguard was released.

Angel Medina

Skaterator
I don't quite understand what you're saying here, so my reply might be pointless, but... I started this character yesterday, after installing Dawnguard. I got the first Marked For Death word, then went to Fort Dawnguard, then got the second Marked For Death word. So, I definitely didn't have all Shouts, let alone even one Shout, mastered before Dawnguard was released.

well i meant if those didnt get marked for death mastered would encounter the bug

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts