• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

What would you like to see in the main plot?

• After the Reapers are defeated by Shepard, Cerberus makes a push to eradicate the Council.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Krogan rebellion due to the curing of the Genophage.

• Geth move to destroy the Creators and any who oppose them.

• Total voters

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I've been wanting to make a Mass Effect based Role-Play for a long time now, however, due to the multitude of choices that can be made in-game and the many routes this Role-Play could follow; I will remain open to ideas and refrain from creating a plot until I have recieved some feedback.

I want this RP to remain lore-friendly to the game, while allowing some deviations. This would keep the RP true to Mass Effect without discouraging creativity.

I also plan to leave a lot of the choices made in-game alone in an effort to keep those who made different choices than I from getting irritated.

If there is something you would like to see in this thread that I neglected to put in the poll, please post it. Ideas are always welcome.

Things to Consider:

- Your loadout (weapons) will be completely up to you, like Mass Effect 3 allowed players to do. However, consider that some weapons are heavy and carrying a large number of heavy weapons will slow your character down. Consider it like wearing a backpack. While you can put a ton of heavy stuff inside it, the added weight is going to slow you down.

- I originally planned to have these races as playable during the RP, but I am open to suggestions.
    - Human
    Shepard.jpg

- Asari
    liara_t__soni_wallpaper__normandy___extended_cut__by_strayker-d55bw9n.png

- Drell
    tumblr_static_c92js6z6ir4ssk4swgs8g4sok.jpg

- Geth
    Legionstanding_pc.jpg

- Quarian
    Tali'Zorah.jpg

- Krogan
    Urdnot_wrex_14_by_johntesh-d4y9jqc.jpg

- Salarian
    mordin_solus_by_madspike-d4rw8kd.png

- Turian
    Garrus_Vakarian.jpg
    - Ok, so please note the benefits of each race before you make your choice. Remeber that all of these races can be any kind of build you want, but some take to specific builds better than others. If you have questions, just ask.

I want to make it very clear that you have not had to play Mass Effect to join in this RP. If you haven't, ask questions or do some research.

There will probably be some spoilers!

Zweihander

This seems really cool! I've always wanted to do a Mass Effect RP and while Skyrim Forums would be one of the last places I'd expect to see it I'd still love to join.

I voted for EDI going rogue and for the biotics being kidnapped scenario. I personally prefer how both of these scenarios are more mystery based where the stakes aren't extremely high with the fate of the Galaxy resting on our shoulders.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    This is my CC

If you want your character to be related to a squadmate - or Shepard, that's totally cool.

Oh, for height and weight of other races try this site out:
    http://forum.bioware.com/topic/121276-height-and-weight-of-races-in-mass-effect/

Weapon log:
    http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-3-weapons-and-armor-guide/2/

===============================================================

Name: Johnathan Vakarian

Nickname: JV - However, it is only used amongst humans.

Race: Turian

Height: 6' 5"

Weight: 200 pounds

Class: Turian Cabal - Slightly modified to accomodate his skills with a Sniper

Loadout:

- PRIMARY -
    M-77 Paladin (Pistol)

- SECONDARY -
    M-13 Raptor (Sniper Rifle)

- OTHER -
    Single katana-like retractable blade in his right gauntlet. (Melee)
    Carries an omni-tool, but only uses it for communication, as he lacks in technology skills.

- BIOTICS -
    - Charge
    - Shockwave
    - Nova
    - Due to his Turian lineage, he has not developed the ability to perform the Biotic Pull.

- AMMUNITION -
    - Limited amount of Incendiary ammo.

- CASUAL WEAR -
    - Is most often seen in a white shirt and black pants with a black headset around his neck.

- ARMOR -
    - Modified C-Sec armor with a black cloak.
    - Something lke this:
    rayen__turian_spectre_by_nimtai-d3y7w7u.jpg

Appearance:

Johnathan is of a lean and athletic build best suited for Rogue-style combat and evasion. Unlike other Turians, his skin is a dark charcoal gray - due to biotic exposure and his eyes are a softly-glowing violet (the same color as element zero). John has few noticable scars, his most noticeable trait is the multitude of softly glowing blood vessels radiating outwards from his heart. His blood vessels only glow nearest his heart, and like his eyes, it is a very faint glow at that. To most, it appears as a collection of purple lines radiating outwards from his chest.

Johnathan shares many facial features with his father, Garrus, however the longest horn (center of his head) has serrated edges. This is due to a very slight deformity caused when he was developing as an embryo. He wears the same blue facial tattoo of his Father (Palaven tattoo, I think).

Personality:

Johnathan is respectful and kind in social situations, however his ability to pick up on social cues is rather poor, which causes many to describe him as calculated and calm. During combat he is cold and daring, often bending tactics to the occasion. John's antics have not gained him in great favor amongst his superiors, but his efficiency in combat cannot be denied. Due to his ability and his rather lax approach to standard tactics, he is often out-spoken towards Commanders, especially when he disagrees with an order. His file is marred by recommendations for him to return to boot camp to "Better appreciate accepted battlefield tactics, learn team strategy, and gain greater respect for superior officers." John's superiors often insult him with how successful a soldier Garrus is, as well as insults regarding his inability to obtain Spectre rank, which is expected of him.

John spends much of his time honing his skills alone, preferring the company of music instead. John could be considered obsessed with his ability as a soldier. However, he harbors a lot of self-doubt due to his inability to gain Spectre rank regardless of how hard he tries.

He worries he falls short of his family's name and the man he was named after.

Backstory:

Johnathan was born on the Citadel, inside of a growth pod. His mother suffered from complications during pregnancy and was forced to undergo a procedure to move Johnathan's embryo to a fetal development tube inside Huerta Memorial Hospital. One night, an assassin hired by one of the merc groups Garrus fought on Omega broke into Huerta and pumped a large amount of eezo into John's development pod in an attempt to kill him. Once discovered by the hospital staff, it was too late to remove John from the tube without killing him. The doctors had to watch and hope that he would absorb the eezo and become a biotic. Eventually, John did absorb the eezo and was born healthy, however he was marked by the incident - hence the eyes and lines on the chest. He was named John after the fabled Commander Shepard that had saved Garrus' life on more than one occassion.

John was trained by his Father in all aspects of combat, especially long-range and hand-to-hand, but he attended Grissom academy - through a favor owed to Garrus after he assisted with saving the school from Cerberus - where John was taught to control and use his biotic powers in combat by Jack.

John has spent equal time on Palaven and the Citadel, but calls the Citadel home.

Theme Song:

Unbreakable Heart by Three Days Grace

Last edited:

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    This seems really cool! I've always wanted to do a Mass Effect RP and while Skyrim Forums would be one of the last places I'd expect to see it I'd still love to join.

I voted for EDI going rogue and for the biotics being kidnapped scenario. I personally prefer how both of these scenarios are more mystery based where the stakes aren't extremely high with the fate of the Galaxy resting on our shoulders.

Thanks! Anyone is welcome to join up. I hope to see you when this gets going.

Zweihander

Is it cool if I get to work on a character card? I'm thinking of making either a Drell engineer/technician type or a Krogan soldier.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Absolutely! Go ahead.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Oh and characters can be Spectres.

Zweihander

Name: Vserad "Monty" Tavian

Race: Drell

Height: 5'11

Weight: 165 lbs.

Place of Birth: Omega Station, Terminus System

Class: Engineer

Appearance: By Drell dimensions, Monty is of a fairly average size and build. His skin is of a deep amber color with hints of teal and blue running along the crest of his head. Monty's eyes are of a deep and striking blue coloration, and tend to be one of the first things people notice about him.

1563570-mass_effect___feron_by_weemiji_d2y1xbw.jpg

Gear: While on the job he typically wears a set of heat-resistant, tech-reinforced black armor that he has personally stylized with crimson colored flare. However, since his days as an operator are mostly a thing of the past, you can usually find Monty lounging about in simple clothing. One thing is consistent though; he almost always wears his lucky basic beanie wherever he goes. If you'd ask him about it he'd probably joke that he's self-conscious of his bald head.

Weaponry: Monty tends to avoid using firearms when possible, but he always keeps his trusty M-5 Phalanx handy. In combat he prefers using his omnitool to incapacitate enemies; using abilities such as cryroblast or overloading shields and armor systems.

Skills: The self-proclaimed greatest engineer in the Terminus system (which, in all honesty, probably isn't saying much) Monty is a natural-born ace with the omnitool. His knowledge of practically anything that can be taken apart and put back together is seemingly unparalleled. From computer diagnostics to weapon and armor systems to spacecraft to mass effect field generators, Monty is your guy. In combat, he relies mostly on this knowledge and the abilities his omnitool offers in order to gain an upper hand on his opponents.

Personality: If you thought of every major stereotype there is for the Drell as a species, you sure as hell would not be thinking of Monty. Braggadocios and hedonistic, Monty is definitely a far cry from the usual stoic and pious Drell you'd occasionally bump shoulders with on the Citadel. His fun-loving and foul-mouthed nature more often than not land him in trouble, but Monty never seems to learn his lesson as he talks his way out of one mess only to find himself caught up in another. Despite his stubbornness and constant, unending banter, there's no denying that Monty possesses a certain charm and likability.

Story: Hailing from the infamous Omega Space Station, Monty comes from very humble beginnings as a poor street urchin surrounded by criminals and malcontents from all over the Terminus system. Monty's father was a mechanic who made a very meager living repairing shuttles and brokering spare parts. His mother had passed away not long after he was born, weakened by the pregnancy, she succumbed to illness. Despite their hardships, Monty and his father lived a somewhat good life with one another, staying true to an honest living as best they could on Omega. His dad would serve as a major inspiration and role model for the young Monty, introducing him and guiding him through the basic facets of engineering. He was also a major influence on Monty's sense of humor and personality, showing the boy (very) old snippets of human culture in the form of 20th century comedies; namely, Monty Python. This is where Monty would be christened with his fabled, soon to be infamous nickname.

However, once Monty entered his adolescent years his father's health took a turn for the worse. As is the case with Drell, his father began to succumb to Kepral's syndrome at a rate accelerated by his long-term exposure to the vapors associated with working on shuttles and other vehicles. Despite his dad's best efforts at fighting the illness, he eventually passed away leaving Monty alone on Omega Station.

The next years were a constant blur of Monty hopping from place to place, from orphanage to foster home to the streets and back again. He learned how to thrive in Omega, using what his father had taught him and further honing his craft. It wasn't long before he had surpassed his father in technical know-how, and eventually as a teenager he was garnering quite a reputation for being the go-to engineer in Omega. This earned him the attention of all sorts of underworld figureheads... namely, Aria T'Loak.

For some time, Monty pulled off jobs for the criminal matriarch. While he knew his old man would've been sorely disappointed with him for dipping his foot into the seedy side of things in Omega, Monty loved it. He traveled the Galaxy conducting acts of espionage and sabotage, vandalism and thievery, the list goes on. This carried on for years, with Monty racking up quite the sum in credits along the way. It wasn't until a botched job that nearly costed him his life that he decided to pull back on the reigns and settle down a bit. Now, he's left Omega behind and wanders the Galaxy as a (mostly) honest explorer.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Hiya, just wanted to say this rp looks really interesting, loved the Mass Effect Trilogy (barring the ending, but I digress) I'll see if I can get a cc whipped up within the next few days! I do love my Asari :D

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Hiya, just wanted to say this rp looks really interesting, loved the Mass Effect Trilogy (barring the ending, but I digress) I'll see if I can get a cc whipped up within the next few days! I do love my Asari :D

Sweet! Glad to have you Keidivh!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Zweihander, very good job with your CC!

I was planning on asking for a writing sample, but I don't think I'll need to.

I'm glad to have you on board!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock

Lol, I was so confused when I saw your pic but with a different name :p glad to be a part of another rp with you, especially one your leading!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast

Lol, I was so confused when I saw your pic but with a different name :p glad to be a part of another rp with you, especially one your leading!

Haha! Yeah avatar switch with two name changes... I can see how that confused you.

I'm excited to see where this goes, Keidivh, I'm glad to have you on board!

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Ohh Falcy (Ry) if I knew anything on mass effect (I know I'm bad :sadface: ) I'd join but alas I do not

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ohh Falcy (Ry) if I knew anything on mass effect (I know I'm bad :sadface: ) I'd join but alas I do not

I can teach you what you want to know, if you'd like to join.

I was in your position when I first applied to Anna's World of Darkness RP.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    let me think on it for a bit

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Like Rydar said, I'd be happy to help as well! I've joined rps where I didn't have much knowledge on the subject, and it can still be a lot of fun

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Thanks guys :3

I'll google around the net... hopefully find something :p

Zweihander

Thanks for all the kind words Rydar! It's been a while so I was a bit rusty but it's very nice hearing you think otherwise. :D I would like all of your comments but for some odd reason that feature is disabled for me (maybe it's because I forgot to authenticate my account over email when I first signed up.)

Also it's nice to see you others taking interest! Looking forward to seeing what characters you whip up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts