• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Accalia

hello and welcome to the dark brother hood roleplay. Now for the characters they need to be original, I don’t mind Mary Sues but don’t make them over powered please. Also, NO FREAKING DADREA!!! I can’t stress this enough!!!! Please do not have a DADREA Oc unless it’s for good reason. Anyways, I would like the characters to be well thought out and the story will be of the fall of the brotherhood, and the struggle to rise to power. As it is like in the game, but the difference is, that everyone in the brotherhood were feared, and respected, but after the rise of the thieves guild, and other potential problematic guilds, the dark brotherhood was forgotten, and now they have to make sure that their feared and their rise to power starts.
    Rules- Can swear
    No sexting
    No killing other brotherhood members.
    No overpowered characters.
    No nudity
    NOTHING TO DO WITH RAPE/CHILD ABUSE. Unless it’s in the backstory, and the character was abused.
    Can only have one weapon.
    May use magic.
    First person to create a character sheet is automatically the leader.
    Any race is allowed BUT DADREA.
    Lastly have fun. :3
    Edit- the beginning of the story happens in Windhelm.

Last edited:

The_Lost_Foxtrot

Luwd uf Shoduws
    is it going to follow the storyline in skyrim? either way count me in!

Name: Mathias
    Alias: The Grimm
    Race: half nord and half Breton
    Sex: male
    sexuality: straight but hasn't thought that much about love
    religion: believes in Sithis
    dialogue color: This

Class and Combat preference: Mathias has always been in a Warrior who relays on his mastery over shadow and Magic. He can use both illusion and sword/dagger to take Down an enemy, and knows some alchemy for potions and poisens. and because of his training he is agile.

Character Appearance: Mathias can change his appearance as he wishes.but he has medium leanght raven black hair and unusual deep purple eyes that glows when he uses Magic and a well built body from all the training. has rune looking scars carved all over his body from the ritual (will be explained), and a scar that goes from the right eyebrow, over the bridge of the nose and ends under his left eye.

Crow appearance: in his crow form he has Pitch black feathers, that fades into Crimson red at the ends of the feather tails and wings, as well as Crimson feathered markings in the chest and head. he still has Purple eyes that glow slightly.

Companion: he has a female pet black fox wich he calls Amyra that is the size of a wolf.

Armor: he wears a black and crimson robes that goes a little bit over his knees along with black leather gloves and knee leangth boots, along With light black armor over his chest, shoulders, forearms and some on his boots, and a hood and black mask that resembles a fox wich has cimson metal plating for protection, and a black face mask that goes over the nose and chin, and Down his neck also With Crimson metal plating under the fox mask. the same goes for for the rest of the armor, With Crimson plating out lining the black.

Weapons: he has a one and a half handel steel and silver sword that has ha fox head at the pommel With he Calls The Fallen One and a dagger of the same metal combo for taking Down undead wich he named Ravens Claw, and have a lot of thowing knives.

Personality: Mathias is a strange person, he can be mischievous one second. And cold and emotionless against enemies the next but usually he is serious on "jobs", he isn't so trustworthy of strangers but once you get to know him, he will protect that person With his life, and he likes to observe the major happenings at that time, and is secretly a worshiper of Sithis because the Dread Father represents death, and Mathias knows death is true.

Likes: Amyra, flying, the thrill of fighting strong opponents, eventually those Close to him, and sketching in his book.

Dislikes/Fears: spiders, the deadric Prince Mephala, open waters (Oceans and such), bows (not that he hates bow users or anything just that he can't shoot with one to save his life) and Molag Bal.

streanth: is almost always calm, a master of stealth and illusion and a good swordsman, good spymaster and scout.

weakness: is usually in pain from the ritual, has to take a mix of Health potion,a small dose skooma and any form of alcahol to reduce the pain, can't aim a bow for s**t. has become slightly addicted to the medicine because of the skooma, and turns frantic from the pain without it.

History: when Mathias was born in High Rock he was abandoned by his parents and grew up on the streets of Wayrest, where he found Amyra and saved her from some children who were beating her, because of this she became loyal to him and only him. after some years he was kidnapped and used by necromancers in a ritual wich backfired on them, killing everyone exept for him and Amyra. Later on as the years went by he trained in the arts of shadow, Magic and sword. as time went on he found out he had abilities like changing his age and appearance, he can even turn into a crow. when he beacme older he took on work as a mercenary and assassin and became infamous for his skills and successful jobs, and since no one knows his real name they gave him the title The Grimm. he became a shadow wich observe the world as it flies by. and now here he is, traveling in Skyrim, Learning everything he can of his nord ancestry and looking for work, and drawing the landscapes in his free time.

Extra: because of the ritual that backfired all those years ago, Mathias gained a Connection With Amyra at a spiritual Level. he gained her sense of smell, hearing and if he focuses real hard, can see through her eyes.

Last edited:

Accalia

Well actually it does. But the leader isn’t Astrid this time.
    So yeah, I’m glad u are joining this roleplay! Anyways lemme make my character.
    Name- Arwen
    Age- 25
    Race- Full Bred High elf.
    Sex- Female
    Sexuality- Staright just doesn’t want a spouse because of the recent loss of her husband.
    Dialogue color- This
    Class/ Combat Preference- Arwen uses her skills of Archery to take down enemies, she is especially skilled in destruction magic, but prefers not to use it. She’s especially sneaky and can slip by any guard who is looking at her as she was a Agent Of Notcturnal.

Character Apperence- Jet black hair which is pulled back to show her face, she has almost amber colored eye, as for her other one she lost the use of its sight, she has a series of scars along her back and face. She has dark purple warpaint going around her eyes and flaring out at the end of each eye. When she is in the Brotherhood, she wears her own custom armor, the armor is pitch black, and has silver trim along the chest and legs, there is no hood but a mask that covers her nose and mouth to only leave her eyes. But in public she tries to look like a hunter. Her weapons of choice is a oak wood bow with silver and a symbol engraved near the handle, this bow is enchanted with absorb health. (Quick for her enemies.) As for her arrows she has glass or ebony arrows. And a small shappire silver necklace hangs around her neck.

Personality- Arwen isn’t a people person, but when she’s on the job she tries to deal with the person she is working with she usually comes of cold when first met but soon she starts to warm up to the person but still keeps secrets and reasons. She’s overprotective to the brotherhood and will not let anyone take a contact above what she thinks is their level of skill. Arwen doesn’t trust anyone at all apart from her fiancée (edit- now dead.) and her daughter, Muja (alive and she lives in windhelm along with her Mother). She’s really smart and can con anyone out of their money, with her sweet words and seductive attitude.

Background- Arwens biological parents where killed by a group of bandits, and later found by a nord couple and their children. Being raised by nords Arwen got to love a life of excitement and adventure as she and her dad would go out hunting just so they can get away from having to clean the house. Once Arwen left to become a hunter she met a bard who became her husband in a short time, both moved to the summerset isles and started a meadary with the best mead and wine in the summerset isle, after word of Arwens mother being sick the couple moved back to skyrim and started to make their way to Rorikstead, until a group of bandits killed the carriage rider and the horse and kidnapped both of them, demanding money, Arwens husband refused to give them money and tell them where his parents are. Later they killed him, but before he died he gave her a necklace and they killed him. After 5 years of torture she finally broke out and killed all of the bandits and left none alive. She then later made her way to Falkreath and the alchemist there took care of her. Once she was healed she became a hunter again, and when hunting she found a dark brotherhood door and thought that the brotherhood should come back, but more dangerous than ever.

There we go, now if you can (If wanted.) start Roleplay

Last edited:

Accalia

Yes Arwen will still be in the brotherhood, she just will be trying to recruit members. A lot of them at that. And thanks. :D

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Hey Accalia you might remember me from The Forgotten Tales and I was wondering if it would be cool if I joined your RP as mine kinda died. Plus I can think of plenty of ideas for characters for this RP.

Accalia

Yeah sure, I don’t mind the more the merrier I’m just waitin for some more people to join you can put as many characters as you like although I will say this I don’t want all of the characters to be yours as I would like others to join.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    To be completely honest I forgot about this as life has been trying to keep me away at the moment. But as I'm free now, no telling how long, but if you would still accept me to join I'd be more than happy too

The Seraph

When the Dawn Breaks, I shall be there
    Hey . . . could I join?

The Seraph

Name: Niquilner
    Race: Altmer
    Sex: Male
    Dialog color: This
    Sexuality: Asexual

Class and Combat Preference: He is a talented necromancer and illusionist, able to cast and maintain a long term invisibility spell. Is not very skilled in using weapons and prefers to manipulate people.

Character Apperence: Has long dark grey hair and light golden eyes. His skin is slightly dark for an Altmer, and he is particularly tall, even for an Altmer. There is a tattoo of a silver snake encoiling his right arm. He chooses to wear his own long, black robes and a silver mask instead of the standard Dark Brotherhood armor.

Personality: He often appears to be a very cold and logical person on the outside and is very reserved. However, he has a very dark personality he keeps under wraps. He quite enjoys ironic and macabre jokes, such as resurrecting someone's daughter and using them to kill their former parent. He also dislikes gods and Daedra, believing them to be pathetic for being so obsessed with mortals. He is also without mercy, believing death must come to all, regardless of who they are. He enjoys manipulating people, and hates personally killing them, prefering for his targets to kill each other.

Character Background: Niquilner was born into a necromantic cult, having never known his true family, and was raised to serve as the living avatar of the Necromancer's Moon. When he was 20, the cult tried to absorb the Moon into him, but it failed and left everyone but him dead. He then left Alinor, joining a gang of thieves near the border of Eyslewyr. He then picked up the art of Illusion, tricking nobles into giving up their goods. Eventually he was caught and he fled into Cyrodil to escape the wrath of the Aldmeri Dominion. While there, he heard rumors about an Altameri family that fled into skyrim. He decided to persue this rumor, in the hopes it would reveal more about his family.

Last edited:

The Seraph

Thanks for letting me join!

The_Lost_Foxtrot

Luwd uf Shoduws
    so sorry! forgot about this because i've been busy wit finding an apprenticeships for after summer vication, but i would love to still join in if still okay??..

PS. i have done some changes too my character like making it more organized and such.

Last edited:

The Seraph

Thanks accalia!

Latest posts