• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
22fcdc4f2370eefd8338293a8b547c3d.jpg

[A note found on the well plundered body of what is presumed to be a fallen Breton ranger. - 2E 582]

Brother.

I know it is you who hunts me now, but you have been blinded. Our master has lied to you. A thousand times over he lied to poison your mind. But I do not blame you for this. He may speak as a viper, but his promises are sweet. Perhaps even a little too sweet to be true.

No matter what he tells you, brother, you should know there is one promise he can never keep.

Viéve.

Viéve belongs to Meridia now, and our master cannot touch her.

She is more important than you can possibly know. The Elder Scroll showed me . . . such chaos . . . . I struggle even now to understand what I saw -- swirling portals of fire and darkness bleeding Oblivion into Tamriel; Daedra ravaging the land; and dragons, brother! I saw the dragons return in such force that you would not believe they had ever diminished!

And in the center of all this chaos and despair, our blood shone like a beacon of hope and order. "Eternal Champion", "Hero of Highrock", "Nerevarine", "Hero of Kvatch", "Dragonborn". The names still haunt my thoughts, and I know they are all of our line -- distant cousins, certainly, but blood all the same!

I could not see what binds us -- a couple of warring whoresons-- to such noble fates as theirs, nor could I discern why the future is stained with such cataclysm as to need them, but I do know, with every fiber of my essence, that Tamriel will fall without the fruit of our line to preserve it.

And she is with child, brother. Our child. It makes no difference to time which of us did father it. All that matters is it is of our blood -- OUR BLOOOD! Blood that will live on long after you have killed me, and our master has killed you. So kill me, as I know you must, but know our line will live on, and neither you nor our master may do a thing to prevent it.

Do you remember that day in the garden, when you, Viéve, and I made our vows? I have never tasted a wine so sweet as that which we shared as the sun went down over the Illiac Bay. Savoring this nameless vintage, I can almost conjure the same sweetness if I close my eyes and drift to that moment. We were so happy, weren't we? Could we ever have guessed six years ago there would be anything capable of tearing us apart?

It's funny, you know? The things that matter when you know you have no time left in the world.

Do what you must, brother. I am ready for your spear and your wrath. I know it is not you, but our master, who rages within your heart.

May the blood of our line ever serve to protect Tamriel in its hours of need.

Please, forgive yourself.

- Your Brother

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts