• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
Helloo thar. It's this guy. "Who?" good question. Dunno.
Anyway. This story is going to revolve around an Argonian, Kel (Dark complextion, crimson eyes, a scar going through one, two horns and purple hair, pointed eyebrows, wears Steel Plate without a helmet and carries a Steel Battleaxe), who is having trouble with just docile life - though he longs to fight again, often called cold and insensitive - he's trying to prove himself to others, and to rid Tamriel of it's stereotypes toward Argonians. He's also a bit conflicted as he finds himself falling for a Breton - Anyy'a Halri.

CHAPTER I - The beginning.

"Sir, surely there's some work to be done with a blade?"

"No, sorry Kel" said the Argonian guard captain "Black Marsh has been peaceful for hundreds of years, we should become familiar with it, while it lasts..."

"What do you mean?" Kel asked, confusion running across his dark face. Almost as if he had though this was something about battle and conflict.

"Outsiders" The captain said "Maybe traders, lets hope they don't turn out to be bandits like last time, you had fun chopping ones arm off"
"You really need a hobby besides using your Battleaxe"

"Ah come on! It was a bandit! I had to. Plus Air Weaver is a great weapon!"

"You name your weapons now?" Asked the captain, he never thought about naming his weapon.

"Ugh, whatever. They seem to be traders, two guards, three individuals in some furs. They don't look ill, maybe they've found a safe way to get here" Kel said, hoping to perhaps pick up some mead, the local tavern kicked him out and it was his "other hobby" you could say.

The traders stopped at the wooden gate, one Breton woman with mages robes and a hood stood forward and said "My name's Anyy'a Halri, I've gotten word from your courier and I have your shipment of Daedra Hearts, Glass Arrows and 2 crates of Nord Mead"

"All right, let them in" One gate guard said.
"On it" Another replied.

Kel was in love - "Mead! At long last!" He thought, hoping to buy a bottle or two before they're shipped to the tavern. It was right there that Kel saw the Breton take her hood down and reveal her golden hair, and untarnished face.
"By the hist..."

"Hmm?" A voice said, the Breton woman briefly heard Kel.
"Oh hello, I'm new around here, would you mind showing me around?" She asked.

"I- ugh, yes! Yes, of course. W-What's your name?" Kel had nervously asked. Hoping she would answer.

She simply said "Anyy'a Halri, didn't you hear me say it out there?"

"Ugh no, we were on one of the towers"

"We?" She asked, with a look of wonder.

"The guard captain and I" Kel said. We're friends.

"Oh, the Hist tree! I forget your culture sometimes, and that this village uses Hist trees as guard posts. I read about it though, once"
"Anyway... I've got a few places to get this stuff too, and some gear we found on the road. Now then, can you show me around?"

"R-Right this way..." Kel was stuttering, strange. He made a hand notion for her to go first, polite. But still rough in some corners.

END OF CHAPTER I

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
CHAPTER II - Brave, indeed

"So ugh... How is trading? You know, I never got into it, but I had a good start" asked Kel, feeling welcomed to the group, though he never saw much of the others.

"Well... To be honest it could be better - but we travel to places here to get better deals and rare merchandise. Gonna need it" said the Breton, albeit hinting at something.

"'Gonna need it`? How so?" Asked Kel.

"My husband, our wedding was expensive. Kind guy in Riften held it for us" She said.

"Oh... I see" Kel said, hiding his sadness and hint of anger, Kel has a temper.

The moon eclipses the light with its own, ironic in a sense.
Kel was upset that she was married. He felt alone again - tired of being in the village. (Whoever she married is the lucky one)
Kel though about it - of course she's married, Kel never found "the one" for him, or anyone. Despite the fact that most women in the village were Argonian, none of them were interested in Kel. One final thought (I'm so tired of being here, supressed by this "duty" and natural compassion to stay where it's safe - which is my fault, the traders leave tomorrow, I'll ask to go with them, travel, explore, learn. Bravest thing I've ever done)

END OF CHAPTER II

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
CHAPTER III - The time is now
The sun went up slowly, cold morning for a swamp.

"Um, Anyy'a..." This was it. He was ready

"Yes? What is it?" Anyy'a asked.

"I was wondering... If we could maybe... Travel together? I mean, I've been here so long, and your life seems so exciting, but I understand if you say no, after all you've got to get your goods around, not fight things, like I do" Kel said.

"Of course you can!" Anyy'a said, adding "We're going into some old ruins to take a look, and you're the only Argonian here who knows much about anything"

"R-really?" Kel asked, dumbfounded by the Breton's response.

"Yeah silly!" Anyy'as words reassured Kel, Kel had to prepare.

"Alright, well, I'll get my things ready, but I really only have Air Weaver and food" Kel said, almost as if rushing.

As Kel was packing he thought that it was strange that the rest of the traders and guards weren't there. Suddenly a thought dawned on him.
Rushing outside he dreaded at the sight of and Ebony Dagger and its owner.

Kel was infuriated. He yelled to the shadowy figure "Drruk! Finally come for me, have you?!"

"No..." Drruk said, in complete silence "I came for them, not you or her"
The figure suddenly flashed in red and vanished. Drruk, Kel's enemy and an assassin from the Dark Brotherhood. A Shadowscale.

END OF CHAPTER III

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
CHAPTER IV - REASON BEHIND IT ALL

"Dammit Drruk, I've only seen you twice and the first time around you tried to kill me! You may be Shadowscale, but you are NO brother of mine"

"Brother? I am brother to the Dark Brotherhood, no one else. Not even you, the one member who I never saw" Drruk pronounced, there, but invisible.

"You killed the traders... Didn't you?" Kel asked. Fire burning within.

Drruk appeared before him and before Kel could say anything, he felt a sharp pain across his chest.

"Brother, this is for you, asking too many questions never leads to the better fate. After today... You are dead... No one will know it was me, they'll think it was the girl, and I'll plant this knife there to prove it" Drruk angrily said, infuriated by his brother.

"Broth... Ann..." Kel tried and tried, with all his strength he yelled "HELP, THE ASSASSIN... Help..." As Kel was passing out he said "Anyy'a..."

(This is it, isn't it? Did I ever get... My wish?)

"Come on! Come on! DAMMIT, these potions aren't working..." The guard captain was trying to keep Kel alive, he was, albeit barely.

"Where's the alchemist?!" The captain yelled "Where...? Anyone...?"

"It's too late... He's... He's... Gone..."

The rain was heavy, and unwavering. Anyy'a was being interrogated in the guard barracks. "Do you know this knife?" the interrogator asked.

"No... Why would I? I just barely met Kel..." Anyy'a said, stricken with grief.

"Then I'm afraid... Since we have no other suspects, we're placing you under arrest for... 5 years" The interrogator said, clearly not wanting to do it.

"Five years!? But I have a husband in Cyrodil! I have to get back to him next month!" Anyy'a cried in protest.

"There's nothing we can do... I'm so sorry" The interrogator showed Anyy'a to her cell, it was nicer, though Anyy'a was a suspect, no proof of a crime could be given, but she had the knife in her bag...

The cell shut, Anyy'a went to her bedroll, and cried... All night long.
She cried for years.

Her life was never the same. Goodbye to it all.

(This isn't right, nothing is) she thought at first. She thought that before once... The day it happened.

And now? She was broken - inside and out.

Latest posts