BretonxBreton: Wine and Magika(private)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    The northern province of Skyrim has been plunged into civil war with the Empire and nationalist Stormcloaks on opposites. To make matters worse the dragons, once lost to legends have returned raining fire and terror on the countryside. But our story begins in the small southern hold of Falkreath hidden between the mists of the thick forests and the tombstones of countless dead. The small sole tavern of the town is seeing more than it's fair share of visitors...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sweetroll76

e29255e389630e8b01153deffd391d3d.png

https://gyazo.com/e29255e389630e8b01153deffd391d3d damn website froze on me

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael is seated at the bar of the tavern. His first day here he was sent to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the hold and whether or not they could be relied upon should the province descend into open civil war.

He half heartedly picks at his food and sips his ale while pouring over maps and scrolls of local commerce he bribed from a local house Karl.

He is clad in local forged iron armor and an intricate dwarven shield is propped next to him by the bar beside his back pack. For the moment he pays the rest of the bar little attention as he is absorbed in his scrolls.

Sweetroll76

By late morning, Elouen opens the door to the Dead Man's Drink, her hood lowered to show her disheveled short hair. She breathes rather heavily, but its the telltale sign of exhaustion, rather than panic. She straightens up quickly when everyone looks over at her, and offers a rather sheepish smile to the curious inhabitants. She has sold her potions and herbs to Grave Concoctions, and so she feels a lot lighter. She makes her way over to an empty seat and collapses into it with a loud clinking and clang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael looks up from his scrolls at the woman who had just walked into the inn. He had done his research before hiring a ride south to Falkreath. He's learned as much as he could from books and written accounts and it seems if he wants to make progress securing the loyalties of the holds for the Empire then he needs to speak to the local people. He packs up his scrolls into a water tight case and stores it in his back pack before wandering over to the woman who had just come in. He motions to the bartender saying, "Put any food or drink she gets on my tab." Looking at the woman in question, "Well met traveler, are you a local by chance?"

Sweetroll76

She seems to be trying to get some z's but raises her head at him, tired vivid blue eyes widening and becoming attentive. "Oh!" She exclaims, fixing her sprawled out position to become more upright and lady-like, hands placed delicately on her lap. She greets him with a genuinely kind smile, her tired eyes brightening. She clearly processes what he says before chuckling her eyes closing in the movement. "I'm not I'm afraid. I'm a bit of a wanderer myself. I might be able to help you if you're looking for somewhere-" as she speaks she pulls out a well worn map from a case on her little belt. It seems nobody has come before him to secure relations with the locals, or at least when she's around, so she automatically takes him for some sort of traveler and hunter. She unrolls the average map, but the map has dozens of places penciled in. She seems to be quite the traveler, and a friendly one at that.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael looks at her map with interest and pulls out his own, noting many of the penciled in locations that don't appear on the official map. "You're clearly well traveled indeed. But i was hoping you might be able to help me know the people. I am looking to open a shop but I really need to know the people before I move into a new hold." (This last sentence is in fact a lie, he is using this cover to scout the holds without raising suspicion.) "I'm sorry if I've caught you at a bad time. You seem a little worse for wear, long day?"

Sweetroll76

She shakes her head "no. No. No. You're fine! Really!" She reassures with a wave of her hand sheathed in Nordic armor. She doesn't seem to be nordic though. Her smile is a little more tired however. "I'm afraid it has been a long day. It was just-" she stops herself, before coming a hand through her short hair, looking for the words. Her lips briefly suck in before the smile comes back on "A very rough morning." She then rolls up her map, and brushes off her legs "But sure! I can try to help you with the locals!" For a woman in Skyrim in her early 30's, she's very bubbly and lively. Elouen grins almost playfully as she leans in and shields a side of her mouth. "You're going to have to name your shop something gloomy." She says in a low joking tone "as in death related."

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael laughs lightly at this. Ever since he had arrived in the province there had been a stoic grumpiness which the Nords seemed to posses which seemed to leech into the other wise good humors of even other people had had been in the province too long. The joking nature of this woman was a breath of fresh air. However Micael made a mental note not to underestimate his new acquaintance. She wore fine strong armor. If she wasn't capable herself a bandit would have relieved her of it long ago

Sweetroll76

She sits back in her chair, satisfied to make the man laugh. He seemed a little younger than her, but they shared...very similar features. "Say...Now please don't offended as I have never learned to differentiate the races...but aren't you a breton?" Her head is tilted, her elbow propped up on her thigh and a finger indicating him.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    A wide grin spreads across his face. "You've found me out. I'm High Rock born and raised. I'd heard about the conflict here and I figured I could bring some culture in a time of blood shed, perhaps make some coin while I'm at it. My interest is primarily books but I doubt I'd make much if that were all I sold so I dabble in general merchandise as well as recipes and local ingredients both for cooking and alchemy. I've read that the people of Falkreath can be rather morbid, have they seen much death in this civil war?"

Sweetroll76

She is oddly quiet about her own upbringing, but still smiles pleasantly as she listens attentively to his story. She then makes a very expressive, almost comical thinking face, cupping her chin in thought "uhm...hmm..." she thinks and then shakes her head "I'm not sure. The war has been hard on them but I can't tell how many graves here are from the war. Im not sure id you know this, but The cemetery was here before the town was. Apparently a lot of heroes and people of renown like to be be buried here." She shrugs a little at that but not unpleasantly

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    This is why he was chosen for these missions. Being an heir to a forgotten family of Breton knights the political intrigue and battle training which is central to the culture is still strongly enforced. That and he had a silvered tongue that could con an Imperial out of his last septim. "I don't suppose the jarl has declared for one side or another? I'd rather not set up shop just for the town to be burned down in an attack by the spring thaw."

Sweetroll76

She seems rather oblivious, although something flashes across her eyes, and then she purses her lips and drums them with a single finger for a few moments. "I believe they are with the Imperials...the Jarl's uncle definitely has...a different opinion." She words is quietly and carefully but her insinuation is rather clear, but then she brightens up again. "At one point I ran into an Imperial Officer within the Jarl's Hold. But-ah- I can't remember his name." She thinks for a few minutes then flicks her hand by her head as a motion of giving up "I'm sorry. I'm probably not very reliable." She grins sheepishly.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "Actually that's very helpful." Micael writes down some notes but as far as you can tell it's nothing but scribbles and nonsense.
    "Have you seen this Imperial Officer lately? Or know where I might find him?"

Sweetroll76

She nods "yeah! He should be in the Jarl's hold down past the Blacksmith. You'll know it when you see it. Do you want me to show you?"

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "Yes that would be perfect. And perhaps I could speak to the jarl's assistant while I'm there." Michael stands up slinging his pack over his shoulder and grabbing his shield. "I hope you don't mind my urgency I'm a bit behind schedule."

Sweetroll76

She goes to get up, the chair creaking from the lack of a heavy weight. She simply nods and hums, going to make sure her cloak is clasped and then goes to leave. As she goes through the door, she bumps into a person much taller than she, standing at around '6,3'. "Oh, excuse me." The short and stout Breton calls as she steps outside. The tall lean figure simply grunts, simply giving Micael a glance from beneath a cowl, an amber eye flashing at him. An argonian in these parts? They would casually stride by

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    For a moment Micael is transfixed when he sees those amber eyes. This lasts only half a moment as he comes back to his senses. He is halfway out the door when he turns and rushes back to the bar putting the septims on the bar top for the drinks and food. He uses his second pass to try and get another look at the argonian, hopefully this time more discreetly.

Sweetroll76

The Argonian is speaking with the female Inn's keeper, and sounds female with a thick accent, simply asking to rent a room. Judging by the Inn Keeper's ease, she must be a frequenter. She wears leather armor and her arms are crossed in front of her before she takes out the 10 septims for a room, and lays it out on the table. She has a quiver and bow strapped to her back. The bow seems to be Imperial.

Elouen waits patiently outside, seeming to enjoy the weather a little better since the fog cleared up. She stands in the brief sunshine and breathes in deeply.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts