BretonxBreton: Wine and Magika(private)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael's eyes go wide as the shadow passes over head. "RUN!!!" But his voice is barely heard over the dragons roar as it swoops low, it's belly brushing the tree tops. Looking back into the clearing the Massive nord shouts to the others seeming to rally them against the coming threat. Micael continues to run helping Jinn until she can run on her own. South, through the thick forests until the dragons roar can no longer be heard.

They come across a small stream and Micael falls to his knees gasping and out of breath, he pours the cool water over his head, letting it run down his chest around his armor. "Well...*gasp* we found *gasp*...the bandits." They are far enough away that they cannot hear the dragon or any of the sounds of battle. And are still a half days hike back to the town of Falkreath.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sweetroll76

Jinn sprints with amazing grace, looking more like a gazelle than a clunky reptile. Her legs stretch out, taking leaps and bounds, but as they near the stream, she looks over her shoulder at Micael who is a few yards behind her. She slows to a stop and lets him run to the water for refuge while her chest heaves. Her hood has dropped to her neck, letting her dark mangled ponytail gleam in the treacherous sunlight. She slowly bends over, hands on knees, and wheezes for air. "Damned....dragons." She pants, and slowly sinks down into the ground, sort of easing herself into it and being mindful of her tail. Then she does the strangest thing...she starts- laughing. She snorts, then starts giggling and then lets out a guffaw and starts cackling, sound like a hyena who got the hiccups. "Oh I haven't felt that alive in YEARS!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael stares at Jinn for a moment panting before he too starts laughing hysterically. "I never expected to be saved by a dragon of all things." He laughs to himself for a few more moments. "We need to get back to Falkreath and let the Captain know what we've found, both with the rebels and the dragon." He stops for a while and looks around for a minute before continuing, "But I...am lost. Do you have any idea where we are?

Sweetroll76

Just like that, her hysteria is gone, and she is back into serious mode as her mouth closes and her eyes seem to become more intense. They dart around their surroundings, and then she looks back at him and gives a curt nod with a grunt. She then stands up, leaning to the side slightly probably due to some remaining soreness. Jinn glances around again and then points ahead of them. Through that line of trees is the road. We're still near the lake so we need to be careful; we're gonna have to take the long way around to Falreath..." she pauses in then in an almost sly voice "unless..." she turns to look at him with those amber eyes, they're almost daring, and he gets the feeling that she'd cock an eyebrow if she could "You'd rather go through the wilderness and get there faster?"

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael laughs. "Faster is better if you lead the way." Now refreshed from the stream Micael stands and stretches wincing slightly. "Yes, the sooner the better, bandits or dragons I have no desire to be anywhere near that mess longer than we have to." Micael looks through his bag and let's out a small groan, seeing much of his supplies and potions smashed in the fight. He pulls out a book now soaked in one potion or another sighing, "Damn, I didn't get to finish that one." Self consciously he quickly puts book back in his bag the title "The Lusty A-" seen before it disappears.

Micael begins walking deeper into the woods following Jinn. "I'm out of magicka for now, do you have a blade you can spare? Bandits and brigands I can talk or threaten my way out of but I don't like my chances of finnessing why way past a hungry bear."

Sweetroll76

Jinn says not a word when she spots the title, instead she averts her eyes and merely goes 'hmph' as she bemusedly re-evaluates Micael. She then turns with a sweep of her tail and starts walking.

With her back facing him, she rolls her eyes to herself at his request. Did he not have any sort of back-up?
    Jinn doesn’t full understand why she reaches down to her belt and unclips her blade, but she does. The man needs protection, regardless of his foolishness. She pauses to stop and hand it to him, her face as stoic as ever. “break it and I break you.” she states bluntly, and without another word turns to face ahead
    “It’s foolish to rely absolutely on your magic.” She comments later, her voice uninterpretable

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael gives a wry smile, "Magic and charm. I'm sure nothing will happen. To your blade on the way to Falkreath and I can pick me up something from the smith once we were there. I wasn't expecting needing to use THAT much magic so quickly."

As he follows Jinn, Micael looks around and takes the moment to really breath in the beauty of Falkeaths forest. The pace set by Jinn is quick but not unmanageable.

Thankfully the hike is uneventful and they arrive near Falkreath in the early afternoon. The sun above and hot but not unpleasant. Micael returns Jinn's blade with a little more of a flourish than is entirely necessary, and heads towards the Jarl's keep.

Sweetroll76

Jinn hangs back, not having really said anything during the trip. Not in a cold way, but a rather relaxed silence. She
    follows Micael all the way to the smith, where she stops to lean against the wall that she had made her presence known the day before. "Don't forget to pick up a blade when you get back" she reminds him as he walks off toward the Jarl's home. just thinking of the Jarl makes her lips thin into an even deeper grimace than she usually possesses.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael moves through the Jarl's longhouse quickly and purposefully, ignoring the protest and moving to Commander A'Shan's quarters. The Imperial commander is meeting with his lieutenants when Micael barges in.

"Commander, I have news from Half-moon Mill."

The commander looks around a moment responding. "Report. Whatever you've found my lieutenants should know."

"When we arrived at the mill the workers were hostile...and lead by a stormcloak commander. I do not know if the workers were soldiers dressed in plain clothes or if they were under the Jarl's orders to cooperate."

Micael pauses before continuing, looking around the room at the officers and seeing them looking at him with intense focus.

"We engaged the camp and lit the tents that made up the camp on fire. I estimate at least a dozen workers and the leader were there. We were nearly overwhelmed and broke contact when...*sigh* a dragon attacked the camp."

There is a deathly silence and Micael pauses for a moment to process the situation. "My recommendation is to inform the Jarl of the dragon in the area but nothing else. If he is still playing us for fools we can afford to tell him nothing."

Commander A'Shan steels himself and walks over to Micael. "You have done well, we will take it from here auxiliary. I received orders for you in the night for your next assignment." The commander hands Micael a coinpurse and his order. "You will head to Morthal. Jarl Ravencrone has proven to be a supporter of an Empire time and again. But lately the hold has been suffering...odd tragedies. It is your new assignment to aid them on behalf of the empire."

Micael salutes, "Yes, commander." And turns around quickly leaving. On his way out he remembers the mission given to him by the Jarl's assistant and tracks the man down. Despite Micael pressing him the man only pays a portion of the gold promised- "What do you mean only 100 gold septims?!?" "What I mean is while warning us of the dragon attack on our mill is appreciated you were hired to track the bandits. And you say you did not find them. Consider it the Jarl's generosity you're paid at all."- and Micael leaves the longhouse, in a sour mood but with a new mission.

Sweetroll76

Jinn is still lazing against the wall beside the Blacksmith, although her visible eye will snap back to Micael, boring into him. Shortly after she lets out a small sigh with her shoulders and moves to strand up straight and face him with folded arms. Her tail sways side to side in a casual motion, as she waits for him to walk over

“How did it go?” She grunts monotonously.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael let's out a sigh of frustration before speaking. "It could have gone better...and it could have gone worse. Here." He takes a moment to rummage through his coin purse, counting the coins and putting some into a second bag. "200 septims as promised. And if you're up for more we'll be heading to Morthal next."

Walking around to the forge of the blacksmith Micael looks through some of the stock before waiving the smith over. "Lor was it? Lor, do you have any silver weapons?"

"Hmm, I will have to check in the back. Haven't had a request for something like that in some time." The nord disappears in his shop before coming out a few minutes later. "You're just in luck! I've had this in the back for sometime now. Nevermind the layer of dust the blade is as sharp as the day it was forged."

The blade is a one handed sword and Micael inspects it carefully, pulling it from it's sheath and eyeing the blade. "And how much would this old thing cost me?"

The big nord sucks his teeth and looks up for a moment as if thinking to himself. "That would be...erm...150 septims"

Micael scoffs out loud, "This old thing? I'd give you 60 and you'd be lucky."

"Hey now that's real silver there. And the best craftsmanship you'll find in the hold, if you find another one at all." Lor says firmly.

"Ok here is what I'll give you. 100 septims and I won't go a single coin higher."

"Deal!" The nord smiles broadly spitting in his palm and offering it.

Micael grimaces slightly and instead of taking the hand he puts a bag of coins in the outstretched palm. Tying the sword and sheath to his belt Micael walks away and calls over his shoulder, "If the thing breaks I'll be back. And I'll hang your hammer over my mantle."

"Come on Jinn let's go to the tavern. I'll need something strong to put this place properly behind me."

Sweetroll76

Jinn takes the coin purse into her open palm and bounces it a little, seeming to be weighing it. She looks down at Michael and nods with a grunt, and while it’s rather hard to perceive what this means, he gets the feeling she’s agreeing to go to Mort with him. As he barters for the silver sword, she puts away the purse and cracks her neck side to side, seeming more than a little lost in thought. She looks off toward the fading light of the sun, recalling some distant memories like this one.

It’s Micael that snaps her out of her trance and she responds with a jerk of the head towards him, and its a little obvious she was caught off guard. But she quickly nods with a grunt, and goes to slowly make her way toward the tavern.

“when do we leave.” She inquires stoicly.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "We can leave at first light. As much as I'd rather not spend another night here I would still enjoy another night in a warm bed even more. Come, I'll rent us some beds food and drinks to get us through the night."

As the two walk into the inn it appears as gloomy as ever most of the people huddled around their food or drinks in quiet reflection. Micael rents them each a room and orders a meal of mutton, stew and bread along with a round of ale. As the night goes on Micael continues to drink and around his 4th cup in begins to become even louder and more boisterous. He pays the bard some gold to play and buys the inn a round before long all but the most dour of the residents are singing along as Micael coaxes a couple of the barmaids to dance and sing.

"-said Maddock the Mad to the old priest
    'My feet will stop dancing when I am deceased!'
    'You've drank all the brandy, sir, what were you thinking?'
    said Maddock the Mad 'I have yet to start drinking!'"

About half way through the night the songs are still playing when Micael comes up to Jinn, a rosy color on his cheeks and his arm around the shoulder of a short and portly wood elf.
    "Jinn! I want you to meet my friend, Baelor!"
    "Aelin." the wood elf corrects him, but he is smiling and he too is flushed.
    "Right! Aelor, I'll never forget it. Anyway, Allen here says he is a merchant and has a cart going north to Solitude. He's offered us a ride most of the way to Morthal so long as we act as security while were with him. Isn't it brilliant!" Micael laughs aloud to himself, "No sore feet for us."

The pair stumble back to the bar, presumably for another drink as the night grows later and slowly over time the music dies down.

Last edited:

Sweetroll76

Jinn this entire time practically looks at the camera as if on the Office, her face completely stoic as she remains seated at the bar. She quietly sips on some honningbbrew mead as the sudden party rages around her. She cocks an eyebrow at the flushed Micael as she is introduced to one of his friends. She turns to face them, elbow on the counter, giving them her full, undaunted attention. She slowly blinks at him, and grunts in acknowledgment, presumably knowing full well that her response would not matter in his drunken state. She watches him stumble to get another round before silently standing up, leaving her empty mug on the table. She’s too tired for this crap. She slowly glides to her room, dodging partying citizens. She quietly clicks the door behind her, giving a glance over her shoulder. Hopefully Micael would still be alive by dawn. If not....well.....she is taken aback by her discomfort at his death, but shakes it off. Heading to hes

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael cracks his eyes open for just a moment before wincing. The little light that's found it's way into the inn this morning feels nearly blinding. Half blind he feels around for a pitcher of water and begins guzzling it greedily. He pauses a moment now, feeling more or less human, and looks around.

The early morning light filters in through the cracks in the inn and illuminate the room Micael is sitting in. It looks as if an angry troll had just finished rampaging through and a small keg of ale lays on the bed looking much like a discarded whore. A shiver runs down his back as small clips of the previous night come back to him. Talking to himself as he approaches the bar, "Hmm...I remember dancing and singing and waaay to much ale-"

The thought is broken off as a portly wood elf seated next to him grumbles, "I'll be leaving soon so if you're still coming pack your things."

Micael looks up open mouthed at the stranger as the barkeep walks up with a plate of hot food. "This here is on the house, same for your companion. There hasn't been joy nor singing like that in this bar for generations...Don't you ever show your face around here again."

Micael's mouth continues to work wordlessly as he quickly eats the food in front of him and looks around for Jinn.

Sweetroll76

Jin is sitting on a stool at the bar, looking none the worse for wear. Her tail is even coiled around one of the legs of the stool as she takes a sip from a cup, whats inside is unknown. But is that....a SMILE on her lips?

Indeed, she turns to look over her shoulder at Micael, a faint smirk on her face as she takes in once again the merry wreckage of the place. As she looks at Micael, he gets the odd feeling she’s taking in the morbid delight of having avoided such a catastrophe...and that she remembers every offkey song he sang and danced.

She ceases her gloating to pull up a coin back, showing it off to him and jingling. His own coin bag would be gone. She had easily swiped it during his merry swaggering. She wasn’t about to have her employer swindled. But she did use some coin to pay for the hotfood they receive now.

“You look like you spent a night with Sanguine himself.” She points out slyly in a simple grunt.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "As far as I know that's exactly what happened." Micael pauses for a moment seeming to collect himself as his head swims. "The elf should be leaving soon we will need to grab our things and load up if were going to make it in time."

As he says this Micael finishes the plate in front of him and grabs his pack and the rest of his belongings and heads out the door.

Micael spots the elf at his wagon outside as he pulls a weathered tarp over the back of his wagon. All things considered he looks as poor off as Micael does. Micael walks around the other side of the cart to the large horse reined to it checking that all the harnesses and such are properly fitted before tossing himself up front.

He calls down to the elf, "Worse for wear as I am, me and my partner will keep you safe. Don't you worry about a thing."

Sweetroll76

Upon Micael’s reassurance, Jinn would let out an affirming grunt and give the elf a thumbs up, face completely stoic. While she’s not the friendliest, she keeps to her word-er-grunt. She motions the elf to climb in back, but doesn’t join him. Instead, she moves to flank the wagon as if she’s expecting a slow pace. Or maybe a quick pace. But she’s much taller than Micael, although probably a little shorter than the elf.

“Micael.” She grunts, the first time she’s said his name. “let me drive. You’re too hungover. You wont react fast enough” she heads to the front of the wagon, on hand folded across her torso, the other holding her hand out to him. It’s unclear if she’s offering to help him down or asking for the reigns.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael let's out a half defeated sigh.

"I'm not expecting trouble but then again that's when it likes to show up. You're probably right."

He hands Djinn the reins and hops down from the front going around the cart to sit in the back. Rummaging through his pack he pulls out a handful of dried berries and chews them while sipping at his waterskin.

"Even at a carts pace we should make it north at a much quicker this way. And any bandits we will just have to...persuade to find an easier target."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts