BretonxBreton: Wine and Magika(private)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    The two wait for nearly ten minutes. As the time passes the man on the ground begins to moan in pain as he slowly regains consciousness. Soon voices can be heard approaching.

"The sound came from this way."
    "I told him not to go off on his own."

Two Nords, dressed similarly to the burned man approach. They may have gone unnoticed for some time if they had not been speaking as they move effortlessly through the brush with the natural skill that woodsmen and hunters seem to possess. As they come into view both men have their bows ready one is younger with blonde hair and the other, may be thirty with an impressive black beard stalk through the undergrowth.

"Shor's bones! Beirund what happened to you?" says black beard.
    "They didn't say the Breton was a mage." the blonde says as they crouch over the man inspecting him.
    "Keep your eyes open he may not be far." says black beard as he begins bandaging the man on the ground.

The blonde stalks further into the camp calling back, "Looks like he stayed the night here, explains why he didn't show last night like we were told."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sweetroll76

Jinn's eyes narrow, staying perfectly still as she slowly swivels her head as they pass below her. So they don't know she's here as well. Good. This will make things a little easier. She slowly shifts into gear, notching a dwarven arrow into her bow and pulling back the string. She shuts everything else out except for the blonde man. For her he starts to slow down, to slow down as all her attention is focused on him. She aims right for the throat; the skull too fortified from this range. The throat is softer. Easier.

With a final deep breath, she lets go of the string and lets the arrow whiz through the air toward the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    "It looks like he's been here recently." The blonde calls back. "I'm going to take a closer looks aro--" The Nord's words are cut short as the shaft of an arrow protrudes from his throat. There is a gurgling sound as red froth bubbles around his mouth. The black bearded man looks up at his partners silence, his eyes going wide at the sight he dives behind a thick tree between him and the direction of the arrow. He straightens up pulling two axes from his belt. He cautiously peers around the edge of the tree calling out, "Come out you cowardly Breton. Let me show you how a man fights!"

That's my que Micael thinks. The large nord while looking around the tree in Jinn's direction doesnt see Micael directly in front of him as he sprints from the bushes with his shield raised. Black Beard's head turns towards him at the last moment as the shield slams into his chest crushing him between Micael and the tree, his breath heaving out in a great gust. Micael follows up with a back hand with his shield splitting the left side of the man's face. He recovers quickly and kicks his heel into the shield giving him space before he surges forward raining blows with his axes down on the shield.

Micael breathes deep, his experience and training kicking in. The axes falling on his shield only to glance off at the last moment. The attacks are like the sound of a heavy rain pounding down on a roof top. In an almost trance like state Micael listens to the rhythm, waiting for...THERE! The nord rears back to hammers his axe down, but instead of glancing off the arm is thrown wide as Micael pushes with his shield. Time for a moment seems to stand still as Micael softly says a single word heard between him and the nord, "burn."

Flames erupt from Micael's armored right hand spreading across the Nord's body. As he flails trying to put himself out Micael slams his shield forward pinning the man's chest and one arm against the tree trapping them. Black Beard's free arm flails wildly, the axe biting into Micael's left shoulder and sticking. His right hand shoots up grabbing the Nord's mouth. There is a moment of silence before his beard ignites, tongues of flame licking from the corners of his mouth as the fire swims deeper down his throat. And all at once the man's thrashing stops as he slumps against the tree. Micael's right hand releases him and his head lolls back, black smoke pouring from his mouth like a chimney.

Sweetroll76

Once the coast is clear, Jinn leaps down from her perch, bow still drawn, looking around for any more lurking in the bushes. She sees none. Senses none. So she slowly slides her bow onto her back and walks toward Micael, a tall slim figure compared to the stout, brawny Nords. "They are all Nords." She grunts, looking around them. Her eyes land on the first one. The injured one. Part of her wants to put a boot in his throat and finish the job but this could be an opportunity. "Not Thalmor...Stormcloaks?"' She mutters to herself outloud as if Micael isn't even there. She slowly makes her way to the man, and then crouches down beside his face. Is he still alive? Yes. Good.

"Bandits perhaps....but they have an informant. This could be mundane or sinister, and depending on their knowledge of Micael but not of her....

"Do you know why they know you?" She inquires, turning to look at Micael over her shoulder

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael bites back a hiss of pain as he dislodges the axe from his shoulder. His armor took the brunt of the strike but still he feels the warmth as blood flows down his arm. Concentrating Micael raises his right hand and is bathed in a yellow glow and the itching feeling as his arm stitches itself shut.

"If I had to guess, I would say whoever is behind this has a man in the Jarl's house. We should move quickly. One missing scout is odd, three will raise the alarm. We need to get to the timber yard before they're missed."

Sweetroll76

She nods curtly with a grunt, and searches the man's pockets. Her fingers stumble over a folded letter, and she carefully pulls it out. Her heart clenches at the broken seal of the Aldmeri Dominion. She sneaks a look over toward Micael, before attempting to sneak the note into her pocket. She'll have to read it later, but she has that familiar sinking feeling in her chest. It's probably best if she remains hidden from hear on out. This Breton cannot be pulled into her matters, especially when he serves the Empire. He could be a liability...or an unnecessary casualty.
    She takes the man's coins and slides them in her own purse; and takes anything else of value to her before standing up. "Do you know where the lumber yard is." She grunts, calm as ever

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael takes a quick look around, "If I remember from the map correctly, and didn't get too turned around in the fight, it should be about ten minutes hike north of us. That way." He says gesturing in the general direction the Nord's came from.

He doesn't loot any of the bodies although he eyes one of the bows for a moment before deciding against it. He's as likely to shoot himself in the foot as he is to hit anything he's aiming at. Although he digs through his pack before pulling out a healing potion and putting it in the hand of the unconscious man.

Turning to Jinn he gives her a nod before saying, "Lead the way. If I'm up front they're likely to hear us coming before we even see them."

Sweetroll76

Jinn nods curtly, and comes up alongside him, but pauses. Her eyes beneath the cowl flick down to his damaged armor at the shoulder. She debates asking if he'll ok, but shakes it off. He doesn't need her doting over him. She doesnt need to do so. They're on a time restraint. "Let's go." She grunts, and starts taking long, but silent strides, seeming to instinctually know which way they're going.

As they get closer, she starts to tense, tail flicking side to side like clockwork. She slowly reaches back for her bow, and notches an arrow.

"Stay close." She grunts in a soft murmur. The instinctive words strike a heart string, and a memory so distant flashes through her head. She even seems temporarily disarmed; stopping in her tracks shortly after the words leave her mouth, with her eyes darting around on the ground as if looking for the answers there.

It only lasts 5 seconds but it feels more like 5 hours, when she shakes her head violently and mutters to herself as she starts moving again.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael tries his best to follow in Jinn's foot steps, which was considerably difficult given her height over him. To his credit he moved what could almost be described as quietly. Jinn stops for a moment, tail twitching. For a moment she almost seems...lost? The moment passes and they continue forward.

Before long they crest a small hill and below them the forest opens into a logged out clearing. To one side tents are arranged haphazardly and a small temporary looking cabin erected among them billows smoke from a small chimney. A few more than a dozen men and women are in the clearing gathered around cooking fires and talking amongst each other. They talk amongst themselves almost care free but it can be seen every man and woman has an axe, maul or bow on them. Some are holding while others lean against them or have them laid nearby on the ground. And beyond this group Hal-moon Mill can be seen, it's wheel being pushed by the steady flow of a mountain stream draining into the lake.

Sweetroll76

Jinn crouches low, below the hill, her arm reaching behind her, but more downwards, hovering over her hip where there is an orcish blade. She scans the group, eyes darting around with a practiced focus.

"What do you propose Mage?"
    She inquires in a barely audible whisper. Maybe it's an Argonian thing, but her lips barely seem to move. She keeps her eyes focused on the group, tail twitching side to side.

Deep down part of her is glad she came along. The Breton would most like be dead by now.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Micael looks out over the encampment studying it for a while before speaking. "If I can move to the other side of the camp I can light their tents on fire and push them towards the woods but there are just so many of them...could you reach them with your bow from here? If so you could pick a few of them off and by time they are organized enough to figure out the direction they are being shot at I can be in position. Then they will be forced to split their numbers or be harassed from either one of us. What do you think?" As he asks the question he is already uncorking a magika potion. He quickly downs the mixture with a slight grimace. The taste always reminded him of heavy oil laced with too much mint.

Sweetroll76

She thinks this over before her tail moves around her hip. The tip curls as it nudges open her little satchel and like a third hand or a tentacle it pulls out a potion of plentiful Magicka. She actually turns to look at him, almost a sense of worry. And she is worried, no matter how much she brushes it off. Being responsible for another's life isn't new to her...but now it's brushing against old memories that are worming their way into her mind.
    "Here." She offers in a whisper, "you need it more than I do." Her voice is gentle but insistent. She pulls out an arrow from her quiver and grabs a pink vial from her bag. He may recognize it as a Frenzy potion; making a person attack everything within sight. With agility and practice she laces the tip with the substance and then simply sets down the bottle in the grass.

Game time.

"You have til the count of 3 understand?" She whispers as she pulls out her bow and aims. "One." She aims right for the center: in the thick of the crowd; for the person that would deal the most damage in the shortest amount of time.
    "Two-" she focuses like she always does, pulling back the string with a refined grace.

"Three." She merely grunts it as she lets go of the string, letting the poisoned arrow sail through the air toward its target.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Once he realizes Jinn's plan he takes the potion and starts sprinting through the undergrowth, stealth forgotten as she counts down.

"One." Bushes and small trees slap at his armor as he sprints head long his shield held in front of him.

"Two." A few heads from the camp turn in his direction. At this point it's curiosity, a few people standing up to get a better look.

"Three." The arrow let's loose and flies through the air slamming into the thigh of a particularly burly nord. The others near him rush over to see if he is ok. His knuckles turn white as they grip the great axe in his hand. His eyes lock with his friends but they are wild and there is no recognition there as the axe swings upward and crashes down splitting the man from his shoulder to his waist.

Anyone who was watching the armored man sprinting through the forest now turn there eyes to there crazed friend as his axe sweeps back and forth as he attacks with reckless abandon.

Micael arrives at the tents, sweat streaming down his face and he gulps down the potion Jinn gave him. He let's his shield drop to the floor.

The magika surges through his body as his will channels and directs the power. A few curious heads poke out of the tents there eyes widening in fear as they realize what's about to happen.

Micael's hands blaze like bonfires as the magika builds. He knew the incantations and mystic geometries of this spell but had never had the raw magika to cast it until now. He shoves his hands forward shouting with the strain of being a conduit of so much raw fire. The flames below forward but quickly begin to spin and take shape. The firey cyclone rushes forwardover 15 feet tall and lurches forward in a zigzagging line through the tents and the people within. Some run from their bedrolls burning like strawmen, others didn't even make it that far.

Sweetroll76

She watches. She watches it all go down. She squashes the meek little voice that says that they're people too. After all- if they dont spare others why should she spare them? She draws her bow with a new arrow, ready to shoot, but then there is a cataclysmic wave of fire that practically engulfs the whole camp.

Jinn feels fear rise into her throat and she instinctively scrambles to her feet, standing on the top of the hill with her bow drawn but down at her hip.

Her eyes are wide, and her mouth slightly agape in shock. What....her eyes land on Micael, surging through the sea of fire unscathed- no- he /is/ the fire. She had no idea he was capable of this. She underestimated him. She notes to never do it again. Does he even need her help?

No. She only watches, her face illuminated by the rising embers, and her amber eyes reflecting the flame like two mirrors. It is terrifying to believe that he is merely just a soldier.

Merely. Merely? No. He is THE soldier.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    As the cataclysm of the whirling fire disperses and all is left of the tents is burning cloth and lumps of miscellaneous items and other forms he'd rather not identify Micael stands amidst the flames and chaos. His knees shake and he feels bile rising in the back of his throat. He had never used that much magic all at once and his her swam as he bends to pick his shield back up. Chaos reigns across the camp But almost half a dozen of the camp members remain, and they are rallying.

The large frnzying nord is finally cut down and while those that remain try to make sense of it, HE steps out of the small make shift cabin that had been amongst the tents. A bear of a man, in fact with a bears pelt draped across his shoulders he steps out surveying the field. In his hands he holds a massive warhammer that if he weren't so large himself would look almost comically large. He begins shouting orders to the survivors and they quickly begin bringing up bucket loads of water from the stream to put out the fires that remained. He then turns towards Micael, his dark eyes narrowing and stocks towards him across the field.

Micael's head swims as he readies his shield the behemoth of a marshaling his resolve. He wore armored mail like a kilt around his waist but aside from the bear pelt across his shoulders his torso was bare. Rather than looking like an easy target this served to display his massive muscular form and scars criss-crossed his chest. His head, shaved bald glistened in the sun. Micael digs his heels into the soft earth not sure if he can cast anymore, his shield all that stands between him and this man.

Sweetroll76

She notices the man, hell she probably notices the man before Micael does. Her eyes flick back and forth between the two.

Come on Micael. Get up. Get up!

But Micael doesn't stand a chance and she knows it. Part of her wants to turn around and pretend she was never apart of this battle. The other doesn't see Micael but someone else; fighting to stay alive amongst the flames.
    Instincts kick in, and at the speed of light she whips her bow, pulls back the string and shoots at the burly man. Her arrow whizzes right by his face. How did she miss?

She bares her teeth and shakes her head. Focus jinn focus. But her legs, were shaking. No. Her whole body was trembling. The images won't stop overpowering her. It's the fire. The Goddamn fire. She shoots another arrow but misses again. DAMMIT!

She shrieks like a warrior, a yell so ferocious it rivals a Redguard, and she bares her sharp Argonian at everyone. She then proceeds to drop her bow onto the ground and unsheathe her blades: consisting of an glass dagger and an elven one.

Then she charges, she charges at the man whilst activating her histkin, as with her already poisoned blades she attempts to ram them into the man, or at the very least, tries to get him to focus on her. Micael has done his best. Focus on her.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    As the large nord stalks forward the first arrow whistles by his ear and he waves at it as if it were a fly. But it is the second one that gets his attention. His gaze turns to Jinn as she seems to steel herself drawing her daggers and rushing forward with a scream.

As she charges the man pulls back the massive hammer and swings in in a huge arc. Jinn seems to disappear for a moment out of sight. Ducking low she stabs upwards at his exposed belly. As she does the man back steps deftly just out of reach of her blades. The battle rages for seconds Jinn's ferocity and speed keeping her just out of the hammers path. Her daggers leave criss crossing trails of blood across across his chest and arms but cannot seem to find solid purchase or the vitals she aims for.

Micael watches the back and forth of the combat as he steadied himself. Jinn's poisoned blades had slowed the nord but the gap in experience was plain. None of his movements were wasted. Gulping a deep breath Micael charges in slamming his shield into the man. It feels like ramming a wall. The battle rages with Jinn slipping through the Nords fingers like smoke but unable to cut deep enough, and Micael distracting and catching blows meant for Jinn, his arms throbbing from the extreme stresses.

Sweetroll76

She stumbles back as Micael charges into the human bastion with all his might. She's so shocked that she pauses for a moment, "What are you-" suddenly she gasps, and lurches forward, an arrow piercing through her left shoulder blade.

The archer is 20-30 yards away behind her, pulling back another iron arrow. Jinn looks behind her, and then managed to shoulder roll away past the arrow. With one arm out of commission, she uses her best weapon with her good one. She grinds her teeth together, even as the pain spreads across her back, and stands up, going to slush upwards at the huge man, right at his hairy chin. Even as she makes the hit she knows that they're not gonna win this. It's 2 against who knows how many. They need to retreat, they need to-
    Jinn makes a mistake, a single miscalculation, a misstep-

WHAM!

The hammer hits her right in the sternum and sends her flying, rolling back along the ground and leaving her slumped against the tree. She struggles to breath, her ears ringing. She managed to hold on to her weapons, but she's in no position to keep fighting.

Jinn's vision swims; she can still see Micael taking the blows, but being worn down like a rock the ocean beats against.

"G-go!" She yells, an order not a suggestion. She knows it's probably in vain, that he would probably keep fighting but she needed to at least try to get him out of there.

She isn't sure why she cares so much; perhaps it's the images that flash across her eyes; the deja vu that plagues her- but she can't bare the thought of losing another person to her own incompetence.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    The arrow strikes Jinn's shoulder and Micael screams out in frustration and defiance. He hats the hammer away time and again before in a swift two handed swing strikes Jinn's chest and she tumbles to the floor. The blood is pounding in his ears as Micael looks around and back to the woodline.

In a desperate gambit Micael summons his last reserves of magicka and gestures creating a blazing wall of fire between them and the Nords and themselves. Rushing to Jinn's side Micael quickly pulls out a health potion, biting the stopper off of the top and helping Jinn drink it quickly. He helps her stand while the potion kicks in and moves towards the wooded tree line. "We have to hurry. If we can get to the Commander in Falkreath he can clear them out but we need to move fast, can you do that?" Even as he asks his question Micael is aware that running is about all he can do now. His magicka is spent and he can no longer stand the relentless onslaught of the Massive Nord, least of all while dealing with the reinforcements.

They quickly make it to the trees, gaining speed as Jinn recovers with the aid of the potion.

Sweetroll76

Jinn takes the healing potion and chugs it just like the wine. It takes effect, but she still leans on the shorter Breton for support. She nods a few times to his question. As much as she hates backing down, they need to get help. In their condition and number, they were like ants to this super group of bandits. She breathes heavily, even as the potion heals most of her superficial wounds and numbs the pain. The healing potion does nothing to fight her exhaustion. As they run and stumble for their life through the trees, Jinn hears a sound. A SWOOOSH! And a shrill roar. She recognizes that sound. It's not one easily forgotten. A large shadow passes overhead, above the trees.

Jinn acts, attempting to half-shove, half-tackle Micael into the nearby bushes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts