Breathtaking Panorama

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Babb

Some of you may have seen this before but its amazing how good the sky and ground looks in this shot.
6258603266_2d0e701682_o.jpg

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
HOLY plops. It looks real! That sky looks better than the real sky, it's amazing. xD It would feel so nice to walk around out at night. :D

That is AMAZING. It's like that thing they have in those coldddd countries - the aurora, or something?

Aurora Borealis/Aurora Australis, we get them here in australia too. ;) Very far south though lol.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Madness!

Are you sure that this is a screenshot? Seeing something like that in a game would be mind-blowing. What a beautiful, almost magical sight.

MellowGuy

This is a sight to behold. Looking at pics like these, I wonder if I'll truly be able to play Skyrim on PC. I sense great hardware malfunction to come....bring it on!

Jeruhmi

This is a sight to behold. Looking at pics like these, I wonder if I'll truly be able to play Skyrim on PC. I sense great hardware malfunction to come....bring it on!
As in graphics card? I am thinking the same... damn :/
I really hope I don't need to spend $300 on a new graphics card if I have problems.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I hope us ATI users don’t have to wait several weeks until a driver fix is released that lets us play the game without constant crashes and glitches :|

Jeruhmi

I hope us ATI users don’t have to wait several weeks until a driver fix is released that lets us play the game without constant crashes and glitches :|
Is ATI a graphics card, or processor? I know with my nVidia graphics card that I will most likely be in need of a driver update. Oh well, I really need to invest in a new graphics card >.<

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Is ATI a graphics card, or processor? I know with my nVidia graphics card that I will most likely be in need of a driver update. Oh well, I really need to invest in a new graphics card >.<
Graphics card. It’s a Gigabyte HD6870 OC with a Radeon HD 6800 chip. I’m very content with it.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I would always walk around in Oblivion randomly looking at the sky, now in Skyrim I will be obsessed with the sky!

Cole

Mythik
Madness!

Are you sure that this is a screenshot? Seeing something like that in a game would be mind-blowing. What a beautiful, almost magical sight.
That's what I'm wondering. If that's CGI or actual in game footage. Either way...amazingly beautiful. I can't wait to see this. O_O

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Yep, that Aurora Borealis, or Northern lights. This year I am going to spend a week at christmas in Salla, Lapland. There's usually always Auroras in the sky during winter. And hopefully, especially now, that sun is more active than for 500 years.

Cole

Mythik
That will be a great treat for you to be able to see that in person. I've always wanted to see it, go to Alaska or Canada to see them.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Maybe I've grown dull and can't appreciate that phenomena anymore, because you can see it every year if you live here. Unless you have wooden eyes or something like that. And it's not difficult to spot them at night. During winter a day lasts for about 2-4 hours :D

Flamingtaco

Yeah I didn't get the game RAGE yet, but it sounds like that had a lot of issues with ATI drivers on launch and it was another Bethesda game. It has been confirmed that there are auroras ingame so I'm pretty certain that is actual gameplay footage.

Travis

Is that seriously a screen shot from the game? It looks like a deviant art wallpaper. If this is what it looks like in game, I don't think I will be able to focus on anything but the view!

Flamingtaco

Is that seriously a screen shot from the game? It looks like a deviant art wallpaper. If this is what it looks like in game, I don't think I will be able to focus on anything but the view!
It would be helpful if the OP posted the source for that picture. Its hard to truly tell if it is rendered in game but we do know the graphics will be fantastic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts