• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

clarashanks

Hello people. So I have been thinking about this for a long time, and finally posting a debate thread about this. War Bow vs Crossbow. The Semi Auto vs The Bolt-Action. The Powerful vs The Quick.

War Bow:
-Faster
-Versatile
-convinient
-common

The bow I have mixed feelings about. It's fast and convinient, but it lacks in strength to where if I'm not careful, I'm forced to pull out my sword. While that is true, it's very common to where I can get one immediately and start to practice, whereas the crossbow I need to wait to level 12 or so. The bow also has a faster stun time. If I'm about to be hit up close, I can quickly cancel a draw and smack the opponent resulting in a stun so that I may retreat a little. The crossbow however seems to be a bit qwonky with the bash. I have to cancel the shot and for some reason wait a second or two before the game allows me to bash.

On th other hand, the crossbow is powerful. Volon, (Dalton's crossbow) can kill a Death Lord in four to five shots. That's also not including the explosive bolts.

Crossbow:
-powerful
-built in stagger mechanic
-shoots at a higher velocity

Crossbows. They are loud. Sneaking is near impossible with them, for the enemy can detect you three times further away then a bow. They also reload slower and you are vulnerable to attack due to the reload being impossible to cancel. Also, bolts can only be purchased/made if you are a Dawnguard member. If not then to bad. But, the regular crossbow is and can be as powerful as a Deadric Bow. With the "Power Shot" perk, the crossbow has a whopping 75% stagger rate. Good luck having an enemy get close if you know how to use it. Also, by the time you are finished with the kill cam, the Crossbow is already reloaded and ready to fire another shot. The explosive bolts increase the damage, but are a burden to craft both early on and later. My biggest concern about them however, is that explosive bolts DO NOT benifit from sneak damage. To leave off on a good note, the advanced versions have a 50% ignore armor bonus. That can not be ignored.

Any ways, what do you guys think? Post your views, what side you are on, and what you think is better.

Thank you. :)

A few people may suspect something, yet if cash isn't an issue, getting the best crossbow is simple as pie. Be that as it may, a high cost doesn't mean high calibre. You'd, in any case, need to do some examination to get the best crossbow that would suit you. more info visits this site.sheispicky,com

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts