Xbox 360 Bounty in Markarth

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shanzoko

So I've done alot of stuff. I've finished the conspicy mission and broke out of jail and finished all that. Then i moved on to the dark brotherhood stuff and finished that. But my problems are I have a bounty in Markarth and since I have already broke out of jail they can't send me to the jail/mine and it will not give me a a chance to pay a bounty off so they just keep attacking me. What do I do? And where is Vigilant Tryranus so I can get the house of horror quest?

Lucien Lachance

Speaker of the Black Hand
That's strange. Your bounty should have been cleared when you escaped the jail.

Lucien Lachance

If the guards are attacking you, have you tried shealthing your weapon and allowing them to arrest you?

Shanzoko

yeah and the only options it gives me is 'I'm with the guild can you look the other way", "I was framed", " Ok take me to jail", " I'll die before I go to jail". And no matter what I choose it just restarts the conversation except for "I'll die beforee going to jail."

Lucien Lachance

Yeah, that's obviously a bug. Not a real game-breaking one, though. I ran into a bug in the DB questline and had to completely delete my character and start over. If you haven't, you could try installing the game to your hard drive. That sometimes works for me.

Shanzoko

Thanks House of horror is the last artifact I need. And I'm hoping the bug and the fact i already finish the missions in Markarth does mess with that.

RossiO

Hi all :) Got a solution if anyone is interested, i've tested it 4 times and its 100% provided u have enough gold to pay off the total bounty amount, if u dont have enough gold start saving up cos i believe the only other way out is the stormcloak route :sadface: Here is what i did the easy way:
Enter Markarth and avoid all dialogue and combat with the retarded guards, and find somewhere a bit secluded (like the river at the bottom) Sneak and use an invisibility potion until you are hidden again. Next, find your way to the Shrine of Talos while sneaking making sure your not followed by anymore guards. As soon as u enter the shrine save the game, just in case something goes wrong(like killing the wrong guard lol). Walk forward a little and you will be stopped by a corrupt guard with a slightly different dialogue this time, no matter what you say to him you will still be stuck in an endless loop. What you need to do next is exit the conversation so that they start attacking you again, kill all the guards in the shrine apart from the one you just spoke to (a bit tricky cos they all look the same) when he is the only one left sheath ur weapon and he will start a new dialogue with the pay off bounty option! Pay it and Voila! u are now free :) i'm sad so many ppl across the net have wiped save games and started over because of this glitch, this should take 5 - 15 minutes depending on the difficulty levels.

I pray this helps ppl in time before they restart. Blessings of Talos upon you my Skyrim brothers and sisters.

MaD23X69

So I've done alot of stuff. I've finished the conspicy mission and broke out of jail and finished all that. Then i moved on to the dark brotherhood stuff and finished that. But my problems are I have a bounty in Markarth and since I have already broke out of jail they can't send me to the jail/mine and it will not give me a a chance to pay a bounty off so they just keep attacking me. What do I do? And where is Vigilant Tryranus so I can get the house of horror quest?

if u haven't liberated markarth yet go and activate tht quest (given by ulfric). i found by running in to the twn ignoring the retarded guards and go to the underforge. once u find the jarl close the door and wake him up quickly. if u do it right u can blackmail him for the rebels, then u can leave the twn (still escaping and avoiding guards, hell kill a few ur doin the rebels a favour lol) finish the mission of liberation and u shud have taken the place over with the storm cloaks. hopefully this will save u cash and time and patience. they completely forgot about the murder i commited by throwing a pot at someone telekinesis style lol

yeah and the only options it gives me is 'I'm with the guild can you look the other way", "I was framed", " Ok take me to jail", " I'll die before I go to jail". And no matter what I choose it just restarts the conversation except for "I'll die beforee going to jail."
you could also try doing the thieves guild guestline because when you've done the special mission in Markarth like i did you get the option to bribe the guards to clear your bounty

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts