Bound Swords or Regular Solid Ones

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Arcaddes

I started a Bosmer Assassin/Warrior, who uses only bound weapons, dual wield bound swords and a bound bow.

Now I just did the quest for Miridia, I think thats her name, and got this really nice sword. Problem is, I dont know how much damage the bound swords do in comparison, they dont do the extra elemental damage, but they have a built in soul drain.

I assume with the conjuration perk that increases bound weapon damage, and the increase in one-handed weapon damage, the bound swords do a solid amount of damage, but I am not sure.

Anyone do the numbers on the bound sword that can give an accurate comparison?

Reladin

If you have you bound weapon summoned, then open your inventory and look at either a bow or a 1-H weapon, it will say near the bottom, "Damage ?? (+/-#)"... The ?? is the damage your conjured bow/sword is currently dishing out!

I have also just started this type of character. I'm a Wood Elf, using the conjured bow and dual-wielding the conjured swords. So far (level 15) it has been working decent. I can't wait to get better sneak, and archery skills so I can move faster in stealth, and draw my bow more quickly. The downside I see to this build, (I'm guessing it will partially go away when I don't get seen as often) is having to conjure the actual weapon before I can use it. If something jumps out at me and I have nothing ready, there is about 5 - 7 where I am busy conjuring my weapons. Although with higher sneak and more use of Atronachs, It shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Arcaddes

If you have you bound weapon summoned, then open your inventory and look at either a bow or a 1-H weapon, it will say near the bottom, "Damage ?? (+/-#)"... The ?? is the damage your conjured bow/sword is currently dishing out!

I have also just started this type of character. I'm a Wood Elf, using the conjured bow and dual-wielding the conjured swords. So far (level 15) it has been working decent. I can't wait to get better sneak, and archery skills so I can move faster in stealth, and draw my bow more quickly. The downside I see to this build, (I'm guessing it will partially go away when I don't get seen as often) is having to conjure the actual weapon before I can use it. If something jumps out at me and I have nothing ready, there is about 5 - 7 where I am busy conjuring my weapons. Although with higher sneak and more use of Atronachs, It shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Honestly, the issue I have is summoning the weapons is instant reveal while in stealth. No matter if I am in a dark corner with a wall between me and the undead on the other side, if I summon my sword or bow, they instantly know where I am. A little annoying imo, but hey no biggie.

Reladin

That's the issue I am currently dealing with and working to correct. By leveling Illusion to 50, and spending a mere 4 perk points, you can get a talent called "Silent Casting" which wont alert them after you conjure your weapon / conjure an Atronach to go smash their faces! I haven't powerleveled that as I dont want to jump up in levels too fast.

As of right now my conjured bow seems to do 71 dmg, that's with "Mystic Binding" (Bound weapons do more damage), Archery level 46, with "Overdraw (3/5)" (60% more damage for bows), "Critical Shot (1/3)" (not that directly effects consistent damage).

Arcaddes

My swords do a consistant 56 dmg, which, with the speed perk in 1h tree is pretty nice. I am more of a combat assassin than a stealthy one for now, since I have not done the DB quests or TG. At the current moment I am working on the College questline for Morokai for the 100% mana regen.

Past that, I am not sure what I am going to do, with the damage my swords output, even with a weapon with elemental damage it can only do a maximum of 38 dmg, so thats all solved.

Only thing I need to do is find armor that fits my playstyle, I am more combat oriented so I will have to try the DB armor for now, I dont think the TG armor will do. Right now I am sitting in elven everything with a novice hood for magicka.

I will have to try Illusion, but I will need to find a spell that raises it fast, since most of my levels came from Conjuration. Summoning dual swords tends to give some major levels :p.

Reladin

I hear ya, I'm currently on the TG questline, and will start the DB immediately after. I will eventually get smithing up (higher level) as I want to play with what comes naturally in the game (through quests, and DB/TG/Nightingale). I will eventually enchant a set of Daedric Light Armor to suit my needs, :) . As for Illusion, you can sit in town or anywhere really and cast the spell "Muffle" on yourself over and over again. It's an extremely fast way to level Illusion. With us not being too focused on Magicka, I would advise you spent about 4 levels into Magicka to get it to 140, so you can actually cast the spell. When I first bought the tome, I didn't have enough Magicka at 100 to even cast it!

Soulscatter

I see i studied the bound weaponry and found some cool thing first with increasing the perks of damage for instance one-handed weapon damage you increase the bound sword damage with the illusion perks there is a perk that makes you're casting silent and they wont find you when making weapons well that's all i know for now and the coolest thing is that with the bow you make good damage and doesn't cost as much magicka so i used it for killing dragons and if i got damaged just healed and keep shooting him in the face :)

XbSuper

I hear ya, I'm currently on the TG questline, and will start the DB immediately after. I will eventually get smithing up (higher level) as I want to play with what comes naturally in the game (through quests, and DB/TG/Nightingale). I will eventually enchant a set of Daedric Light Armor to suit my needs, :) . As for Illusion, you can sit in town or anywhere really and cast the spell "Muffle" on yourself over and over again. It's an extremely fast way to level Illusion. With us not being too focused on Magicka, I would advise you spent about 4 levels into Magicka to get it to 140, so you can actually cast the spell. When I first bought the tome, I didn't have enough Magicka at 100 to even cast it!

Daedric light armor? I don't think that exists

nicodemus

Honestly, the issue I have is summoning the weapons is instant reveal while in stealth. No matter if I am in a dark corner with a wall between me and the undead on the other side, if I summon my sword or bow, they instantly know where I am. A little annoying imo, but hey no biggie.

Yeah it's not my style (dark elf=destruction mage) but my son has a full on mage and what he did once you get your illusion up (level 50 I think) you get the "quit casting" perk and that well let you cast what ever you want and not get detected. Problem is I dont use Illusion magic so its hard for me to get there LOL!

xaraan

I had a character that did the same thing, used only bound weapons. If you take the silent casting perk under illusion, this won't happen anymore. My biggest issue was just having to bother conjuring a weapon and armor everytime I wanted to fight, or trying to be "ready" for something so keeping my bound bow out only to have it go out halfway through combat. Some good fort. conjuration potions helped the time limit, but I still found it more annoying eventually than just having a weapon.
For anyone that wants it, but doesn't do much illusion, just go cast "courage" on any town guard standing there for a while to boost up your illusion if you really need to.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts