1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Bosmer: The Green Pact?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Hildolfr, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Hildolfr It's a big hammer.

Message Count:
    Hmm, I don't think there's any concrete source that says when the Green Pact was drafted, right?

The first Pocket Guide that refers to it was written in the 2nd Era, but relatively towards the end. I think the only way to truly know if this practice is still going strong in Valenwood would to have the next TES game set in the nation.

For in-game RP purposes, you could always make a Wood Elf that's not very religious, lol.
  2. Neveraine BRINGER OF DEATH

Message Count:
    I don't know how the Altmer feel about the Bosmer eating their enemies, but I do know that like with everyone the Altmer feel racially superior to the Bosmer and apparently the thalmor will do "regular purges" (Bosmer - The Elder Scrolls Wiki). Also the Bosmer apparently will plan family fasts before fighting their enemies and then plan on having a feast afterwards.
    It should also be noted that although as an adventurer you are killing people left and right in Skyrim, I very much doubt that all the Bosmer are killling people like crazy. The Bosmer live in harmony with the plant life in Valenwood, so they probably live in harmony with each other. Really the only times this "Meat Mandate" will come up is if the Bosmer have to go to war at which point this can be a bonus if you don't have enough food or a good supply line.
  3. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    The Green Pact and the Meat Mandate were still well established in the late Third Era. We know this because it's a subject covered in A Dance with Fire which takes place in the latter half of the Third Era and much of which takes place in Valenwood. In that book the only detail about the Meat Mandate implied is that the Bosmer are not to eat vegetation, i.e they are strict carnivores. The only time cannabalism is covered is during the Wild Hunt where the transformed Bosmer ultimately consume one another at the end of the hunt and at the end of the book in the practice of preparing a dish called Unthrappa. Neither have anything to do with eating fallen enemies from combat
  4. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    This is not lore. It's more speculation and possibly a complete fabrication by contributors at the Elder Scrolls Wikia site. As I mentioned before this is general problem with that site and I recently noticed it's not just a problem with outside contributors, it's a problem with contributions from the staff of the site as well. They don't adhere to basic wiki standards that any credible wiki site should so you should take anything you read there with a large grain of salt. Note that the section to which you're referring is bereft of any citation. Note that it's also been marked for cleanup for months if not longer. If you rely on that site (or any other site for that matter) you should always check to see if the information is sourced and you should check the source of the information as well to see if it actually supports what the article claims (on Elder Scrolls Wikia it often does not).