Bored in Skyrim- Awesome side quests?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Primrose the huntress

Master assassin/nightingale
Okay, so ive finished the main quest line, the dark brotherhood questline, the Thieves guild, the College of winterhold, the bards college, the civil wars questline, and the Companions quests. I do have dawnguard too, and i've completed most of those quests.

Im also thane of most holds, and i have a house (lakeview manor) with two children and married to Vilkas (the Companion). I have done a fair bit of sidequests and it is fair to say that my sneak-archer character is bored. Usually when im bored i turn in to a werewolf and go killing entire towns, though that has become daft as well.

So, my question is, what should i do now? Do you guys have any awesome side quests?

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Deadric quests maybe? Or maybe try and communicate with Giants? Grow tons of potatoes? :p

Primrose the huntress

I had my character walk the entire perimeter road and investigate every location along the way. Found quite a number of new places I never knew about.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Walked one end of skyrim to the other, killed many many many things along the way. There are a lot of things that want to bloody kill you when you take a nice peaceful stroll. Can never have a gentle walk these days :sadface: Giants get to walk cows along the road...why can't I take my cow out for a stroll.

I agree with the Daedric Quests. There are 15 and they are awesome. They are my favorite quests. You could also find all of the dragon priest masks; i think there are 8 not including last one. The puzzles with the claws are always fun for me. Might be wrong, but it sounds like you still have a lot of game play left.
Upgrade your skills. I see you are only a level 43. Higher level----->more perks---->more fun. Find every location. There is so many. Trying to think of more

bronxtale

try to kill everyone in every hold? or try all the dungeons

Zappus

Try doing the aetherium wars quest. I seem to find myself spending time randomly searching for hidden location. The kind of locations that arent on the map but hold some sceletons, zombies and books.

Speaking of books, you could try creating a library. I found most of my time spent on finding as many of unique books as possible. Radiant college library quest sent me after a few books i already had in my collection.

Other than that you could always make a new totally different class for a new character. It might go slow at first, but once something new comes out(was dawnguard for me) its really enjoyable to complete other stories differently.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Primrose the huntress

I had my character walk the entire perimeter road and investigate every location along the way. Found quite a number of new places I never knew about.
I tried to do that once, got distracted by quests and people haha

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
there are daedric and side quests as long as there are dungeon quests. I mean just go and explore who knows what you may find. you will never run out of things to do its infinite capabilities.

ShadowGambit

Crown of Barenziah: 24 rare gems + a crown to find, dispatched all over Skyrim.

Will take you a little time to do it, even if you fast travel.

ShadowGambit

Their are alse a TON of sidequests not related to the main/faction questlines.

There is also 8 dragon priests to kill and get 9 dragon priest masks.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I tell numerous people this: Role play your characters. Try to not do everything with just one character. Give them personalities, likes, fears, etc. Give them a routine. Invent quests. Skyrim gives you the possibility to travel off the regular path. Try flipping a coin to determine if you will or will not do something. Let the randomness lead you. Try having people come up with challenges for you. These are just a few ideas.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
A lot of caves, fortresses, ruins and whatnot have these quests that pop up. There's this one guy in a fortress in Eastmarch who wants help looking for his wife, another in the Reach where a ghost wants you to kill this dragon priest, there's also another in Eastmarch where this guy wants you to kill this necromancer who he thinks killed his aunt.
There's also a ton of misc quests in each city, like the Wolf Queen, the Dibella quest, the Gildergreen one, the White Phial, etc.
There's a heap of things to do in Skyrim, I think it'd take over 300 hours to do it!

Agentoringe

I tell numerous people this: Role play your characters. Try to not do everything with just one character. Give them personalities, likes, fears, etc. Give them a routine. Invent quests. Skyrim gives you the possibility to travel off the regular path. Try flipping a coin to determine if you will or will not do something. Let the randomness lead you. Try having people come up with challenges for you. These are just a few ideas.

I'm w this guy, RP characters adds alot of depth and immersion into what could be just a drag through...idk if this is your first character or not, but if so maybe double check all your stuff and make sure there's nothing you would want to be different, and also like some of the other guys said, you still have 38 more levels to play through assuming your not completely satisfied w your character...or you could try what i did (since I don't have the creation lot or skyrim on pc or else I'd never get bored lol) I went out n bought borderlands 2 and raged on bullymongs for a few days til my shouting,dragon slaying, awesomeness withdrawals kicked in, lol o_O also dunno if you know or are into this but there's a free download of a RE:6 demo on Xbox live and it's awesome! lol

Luthiel

Harbinger
I also agree with Uthy as well. But if you want to know a specific quest, my favorite side quests are the ones at the College of Winterhold. Seriously it's worth completing if you haven't already.

bronxtale

or create a whole new character like if you are mage try warrior or an assain like a whole new thing

Primrose the huntress

Thanks everybody :) Given me alot to do haha

mamali

just go to the caves and kill everyone and empty every chest you see , sometimes maybe some evil voice starts talking to you ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts