Quest Boethiah's Calling - Who Should I Sacrifice?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I was just wondering who people have chosen as a sacrifice for this quest. I was thinking of using Faendal (the elf from Riverwood) just because he's basically useless to me and I don't have to pay him to follow me. Anyone got any better (or more entertaining) ideas?

Find a mercenary in the local inn. That way you don’t have any history with them. Unless of course one of your followers really annoyed you, then they are fair game.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Cosnach. First you get to beat up a drunk scumbag....then lead him to his doom. Win-Win

Seagull

I decided to take the sacrifice seriously - use someone loyal, who I'm responsible for. Paying a mercenary just didn't seem respectful enough to the ritual. I was going to use Lydia as my oldest follower, but she seemed to have disappeared (maybe already dead by my hand without me noticing?), so I took Jordis from Solitude, my newest. She had also just bitched at me for knocking something over in my OWN HOUSE.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
When I get to that quest with my Dunmer, I'll be sacrificing his housecarl. I hate walking into my house and having her breathing down my back and repeating the same annoying lines the entire time I'm there. Looking forward to finally having some privacy in my own home!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I agree with Imagine. I always use one of my Housecarls, whoever I have at the time, or like the least. It's one thing if my spouse is chilling the Master Bedroom, but the Housecarls have their own room. I remember when I married Mjoll, her and Lydia gave each other death looks. xD

Docta Corvina

Not sure I'll ever do this quest with my current character, but should I ever consider it I'm thinking of joining the Companions just far enough to get Njada Stonearm to follow me to Boethiah. Yeah, I'll have absolutely no regrets about it. :cool:

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Hmm...you've all given me a new perspective on this. Now I've gotta decide who I'd rather kill: Njada or Argis? I can't stand Njada, so watching that bitch die would be a definite plus. I like Argis, but as Seagull and Imagine commented on, it pisses me off when he yells at me about stuff I do in my own house. Only other housecarl I have right now is Iona, but I rarely go to Riften so she doesn't annoy me as much.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
If you want to be truly evil, sacrifice your spouse. (You just have to marry someone who can also be a follower, obviously.)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
If you want to be truly evil, sacrifice your spouse. (You just have to marry someone who can also be a follower, obviously.)

Nope, not gonna do that. Not only do I like looking at Vilkas (he's decent eye candy), he also gives me 100 gold every day. Seems silly to sacrifice an easy source of income...

Harperlarp

I just went for the first hireling that came to mind, paid him 500 gold, then sacrificed him, easy. I chose the battlemage in the winking skeever in solitude.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Seems silly to sacrifice an easy source of income...

Really? I usually have more gold than I know what to do with by level 10 or so. The couple of times I've married, I never even bothered to collect that 100 gold from my spouse; it's a drop in the bucket when you've just come out of a barrow 3,000 gold richer.

It would be handy very early on in the game, though.

stagnant94

Nope, not gonna do that. Not only do I like looking at Vilkas (he's decent eye candy), he also gives me 100 gold every day. Seems silly to sacrifice an easy source of income...
you married him for his money??

i did the same with Ysolda, but then domestic violence got the better of her and now she's dead

Docta Corvina

LOL my post vanished...

Anyway, was just thinking about poor Marcurio...he so often gets the raw end of the deal when it comes to this quest, lol. I could never do that to him, that's for sure. He's an easy target for it, but he's just so damn good at what he does. And just plain awesome. Could never do it to him. Too sentimentally attached - married him in my first file ever. :p

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
First time I did that quest I used Cicero, but I don't recommend him because after the Dark Brotherhood questline he is essential and you have to use console commands to remedy that. Then, after he was dead, I discovered that unless you properly dismiss him as a follower (which you can't because he's dead), no one else will follow you. The only solution to that was to locate his corpse, resurrect him, fire him, and then kill him again. Might've been remedied in the latest patches. I haven't tried using him in this quest for awhile now.

Adam Warlock

Cosnach. First you get to beat up a drunk scumbag....then lead him to his doom. Win-Win
Yes , Cosnach. I bet he beats his nephew(and who knows what else) when he gets home from drinking all day.
Vorstag is the better follower at the Silver-Blood Inn anyway. well worth the 500 if you need help

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts