PC blood on the ice: why you no start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyln

If only I cared
this could contain spoilers, i am sorry.

so... i have finished the civil war quests, i went imperial (i know the faction you chose has no barring on this quest or house), i have killed alduin, become thane in every city but windhelm, killed astrid in the abandoned shack thus never starting the DB quests (on this save at least), did the college, did the thieves guild, blah blah blah... this quest refuses to start for me.

i have tried the console commands. i have raped and molested my t key for time waiting, i have entered and re-entered windhelm for a trigger, anything. and nothing. i have given myself the key to the house in one experimental save and tried looting the flyers. i have given myself a flyer via commands... nothing. i have been able to talk to some npcs that are not asociated with the quest about the murders, but otherwise... i seem to be completely unable to get this house legitimately, and i really wanted to do this quest, it seems very neat and i loooove mystery quests. :sadface:

i have another save, where i took stormcloaks side, and did the DB quest line, as well as al other previously mentioned adornments... but yet, still nothing. on that save, i force bought the house and decorated it via console, but... and here is the bad part, i cant get rid of the blood and bones. soooo i never go there. ever. i kind of felt bad for my house-carl there, ended up killing him in the house. dragged him into the secret wardrobe, and locked the house.

anyways! any help would be appreciated, i really just want to do the quest at this point, i already know how to get myself the house if i really wanted. i just dont feel like manually cleaning it... it is very tedious.

thanks in advance! :))

edit for spelling. sorry for anything mispelled, my iphone is slightly laggy

kyln

If only I cared
hoping for some kind soul who is more knowledgable in this than i, to help me out :)

i have tried everything that i have researched, and the quest just wont trigger. if you know a better command to forcestart this quest that would be great too.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
No help here, but misery loves company. This quest is glitched for me as well. Very unfortunate.

uzu

Well, I'm having this issue for 5 months now and basically, it made me stop playing. I too was going for all the hoses and after reading a bit I concluded that the Windhelm house would best fit to my needs utility wise. At thistime I was lvl 50-52, had completed: dragonborn main quest, civilwar and went on imperial side, all words of power, had all houses available besides the one in WH, finished thieves guild and started nightingale quest chain as a nightingale but stopped before killing Nilsine or who the assassin optional contract target was due to a friend telling me that he did murder her and thus had read that you couldn't get tge house if doing so (witch by itself seemed to suck to me :p ...little did i know).

Also, before getting into detailed descriptions, I must say that Ive had this issue thru more versions of the game (i play on pc),updated from 1.something to 1.5+ that is curently out. I have been in and out WH many times before attempting to trigger this quest, very late in the game as previously stated. The thing for me is thatI have the amulet, I pickpocketed the key, I broke into the house from pure curiosity and that led me to the internet ..:p as no quest triggered even on trying "investigate" inside. The new yarl made me thane but I cannot buy the house due to the standard "there have been some things happenin around that house and it's curently unavailable" text. All NPCs listed are up, even tho i cannot confirm the guard mentioned in the threads here. I have traveled my ass off in and out, spoke to everyone and everything, stalked ppl worse than the damn butcher himself. I thought maybe dropping the pending assassination quest might unblock whatever is blocked but I dunno how to do that, too bad there isnt such an option in the ui and be able to pick it up again later from the specific npc...

What I observed: sussana or what's her name ( npc that is supposed to die as 1st victim) doesnt leave candlehearth. (stalked her inside too, tried to attack her, thing that triggers another npc jumping in and bashing...her even more as she cannot die...immguessing thats good tho given my specific bug). She wont leave the inn damn it!:)

Another thing, I have seen Calixo stalk near the inn some times, but she just wouldnt go out. I repeat, I cannot start the quest, tried everything except console commands. What do you guise think? How can i make her leave the inn? This last house to buy so i can continue the assassin's guild chain but cant cuz im stuck thing simply made me quit and wait for a fix...a fix that never came :sadface:. And no, id like to do it on my "main" char that ive cared for and loved from since he was a lvl 1 nobody :p

Cheers, ty for the read and possible replies and gl.

Not getting a fix ? Srsly? After all the time played?.......

kyln

If only I cared
Hey Uzu,

I haven't been on here in a while, but here is what I did to get the house legit.

( Neutral Hjerim at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community ) -- This forces the house to become non-reliant on the civil-war quest-line, so you are able to purchase the house without having to suck anyone's dick in the process or become thane. For the sixth time.

( Blood on the Ice - The Elder Scrolls Wiki ) *and* ( Skyrim:Blood on the Ice - UESPWiki ) -- Read these a few times, as well as their discussion pages for additional information and notes on little quirks on completing this quest.

I used the console to reset the quest and make it to where I had not entered Windhelm as of yet.

Here's what triggered it for me; the body didn't show up, so I stole the key from Tova. Went into the house, and looked in the chest. Went from there.

( A try to help to start the quest blood one ice at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community ) -- This is a tutorial step-by-step walk-through of how to do the quest as well. Did not use this, but, could be helpful all the same.

There -was- another mod I used, but I cannot, for the life of me, find it anywhere. It basically force-started the Blood on the Ice quest, where the body showed up. Which let me just get the key to trigger it. It might be the neutral mod though. So try that. It may of been through the steam workshop that I looked for it. I know I searched "blood on the ice" and "Hjerim" on both the nexus and the workshop.

Good luck my friend. I have only ever gotten this house legit twice, in my eight play-throughs. And I deleted one of those characters. So... once.

uzu

Haha, awesome post, ty for your reply and for taking time and well...interest towards helping me out! I'll try them right away since I've alrdy tried most things I could get my hands on :p

Uber cheers and may the arrows never bend thy knee! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts