• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

If you haven't solved this quest, don't read on.

I stole Calixto's journal from his home very early on in the game, and it pretty much admits that he is the butcher, so can i get him arrested, or just kill him and end the quest? Or will I still have to play along with the other parts of the quest, like investigating Hierim and going after the court wizard and all that?
The journal doesn't actually come up as a quest item, i am still able to drop/store it.

Moonwort

You'd think that you could just show that to the Jarl and be done, but no. You have to find it at the right time or something.

Pete

I find this to be one of the most difficult quests. Just because of all the steps you have to go through, and some aren't obvious at first.

sticky runes

well in my first game i had to get the key from the previous owner's dad or something (i ended up getting the court mage put in prison), and in my second game i bought Heirim, and that innitiated the investigation quest for me. but this time i inadvertently found out who the butcher is straight away.

Agentoringe

^^^ agreed, very much a pain, plus the whole sell him the amulet steal it back rinse repeat trick, which sadly even with 100 in pickpocket and an additional 100% bonus to pickpocket from enchants I was only able to get it to 70% chance a best >_> bleah...

Moonwort

^^^ agreed, very much a pain, plus the whole sell him the amulet steal it back rinse repeat trick, which sadly even with 100 in pickpocket and an additional 100% bonus to pickpocket from enchants I was only able to get it to 70% chance a best >_> bleah...

Does this actually work after a time? I'm stuck with the bug where I have a quest marker on Jorleif and Calixto, but no one actually gives you a dialog option. I steal the amulet, talk to Jorleif "Oh, maybe Calixto will buy it...", go to him, sure he'll buy it, but nothing new. Stole it again, blah, blah; sold it again.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts