OOC Blood in the Arena(Open)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    What I can't believe is that I lasted

Anyway, up to you Wolfbane and Simus. I know both of you would know exactly what kind of characters you'll need, especially in absence of Nadir. (Hope that she's ok..)

Either a good, kind hearted Noble, or a fighter. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT THIS TO TAKE OFF. Blitzz, can I see a sample of your writing as well?

I also hope Nadir is okay!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Well, I've come to a decision regarding Alice.

I have decided, with a heavy heart, to take control of Nadir's characters. It's it's clumsy, heavy handed and it feels completely wrong but if I don't, advancing Alice will be impossible. I know her characters better than anyone so I'd be the natural choice.

I'm sorry Nadir-Natesse. I feel terrible about this but it has to be done, for the good of the RP.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Either a good, kind hearted Noble, or a fighter. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT THIS TO TAKE OFF. Blitzz, can I see a sample of your writing as well?

I also hope Nadir is okay!
    Original sample or some of my previous work? I'm happy to supply either.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Ok, I'm going with Fenrir the Fearless. There is one slot filled. Now for the other one. Then to do CC's. Fenrir's should be easily because it's simple and not much has happened in his life. (Despite being in his 30's)

Hm.. Could still do the Cacciatore twins... Jason... Nah... Not Jason. Zelda Eagle-Eye might work. But I never came up with a backstory... GRRRR! So many choices! And yet not so many...

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Gjorn is the only character I've ever entered in more than one RP, normally I'd create a character for each but his motives and styles suited this perfectly. Anyways, here is a chunk of the only post I ever got to write with him.

Redbelly mine was much too dark for Gjorn's liking. The ceiling dripped icy cold water and not a second passed when he didn't think it was about to collapse on top of him. The wooden supports holding the cavern open were damp and rotting, their bark discolored to an ugly green. Gjorn's lamp was barely able to fight through the shadows a mere five meters ahead, the darkness so thick it seemed to cling to the air. The earth rumbled and shifted, and the ore veins ran deep and black, glimmering as the light danced on the metal's surface. He shuddered as he caught sight of another tangled web in an alcove of to his near left. The silk seemed to glow among the rock, twisting and winding. In truth, he knew there was likely much more around him than he could see; on the ceiling and under the walkway. Curse sighed as Gjorn relieved it of its sheath, the smokey blade refusing to shimmer in the lamplight, clinging instead to its silent misery. He held the shortsword close by his side, knowing he could be attacked at any minute. This wasn't what he had signed up for. When he had taken the contract, he had agreed to deliver a package along a road riddled with thieves, but once he reached Shor's Stone, no one was willing to pay him any attention. They were all fretting over their precious mine, for it had been infested with Frostbite Spiders. Again.

Gjorn's steps were slow and deliberate, hoping he would not be noticed just yet, but he soon heard a scurrying overhead. Startled, he reached into his pouch, and pulled a vial of black liquid. Knowing more would be on their way, he quickly drank a single sip from the vial, and felt its effects immediately. His veins began to pulse visibly under his skin, and his blood raced so fast that soon it seemed as if he was glowing red. His vision began to blur slightly, then refocused clearer than before. Most importantly, however, was the fact that every thought in the world was gone. It was just him, and some bugs that needed squashing. This is it, he thought briefly, but he evicted the thought and roared, a deep, throaty roar much like that of the mountain's sabre cats. He heard a thud behind him and wheeled on his toes to face his foe. An enormous spider, quite possibly the largest he had ever seen, and it was baring its fangs at him. Without thinking he swung Curse, the blade slicing the air with a groan before it landed in the top of the beast's head, cutting through two of its eyes and sending it reeling. Reeling, but nowhere near defeated. It let out a roar of its own and a cacophony of scuttling and creeping erupted inside the cavern, but Gjorn payed it no attention. He charged, Curse in hand, and hacked wildly at its front legs, severing one and crippling the other. He rolled to the side as it came down on where he stood with its fangs, and he spun to swing sideways, the blade crashing through its fangs and shattering both, sending a spray of venom outwards, along with dark green blood. Disarmed, Gjorn jumped up behind it and began hacking at its rear, swinging as fast as he could, smashing through the thick exoskeleton and into the muscle beneath, not stopping as the creature screamed, just swinging and hacking, sending flesh and muscle soaring through the air. When it finally fell, it could barely be recognized as a spider anymore. It had been slashed and sliced to ribbons, barely a single thing, one of its legs hanging by a tendon. Gjorn walked in front of it, as it stared helpless into his reddened face. Without a moment's mercy, he drove Curse deep into its face between its remaining eyes, and smiled as it slid back out as easily as it had entered. He did not bother to clean the blade, there was no time for that just yet.

A small spider, no more than a hatchling, pounced from the darkness. He could it by two of its left legs and slammed it into the ground, then raised it and slammed it, then raised it and slammed it, until it had been reduced to pulp in his hand. An army of smaller spiders ran from the dark, and that was when Gjorn realized he no longer had his lamp. He was alone in the darkness, seeing only on the deathbell juice, as spiders hurled themselves at him. He impaled one, then swung his sword to send it flying at another as both broke through the splintered handrail and dropped about ten meters to the mine floor. He hacked at another, slicing its head open as the contents of its flimsy skull spilled to the floor. Only three remained. It was as easy as killing goats, he noted, as he plunged Curse into one's mouth and then pulled its fang off, stabbing it deep into the soft flesh of the second's neck as he worked on retrieving Curse. The third jumped on him before he could react, pushing him to the ground and standing over him. It bit for his throat, but he grabbed the fangs. It pushed closer by the millimeter, but Gjorn had a plan. He headbutted it square in the face, splattering its two most central eyes as the goo spilled into his hair. As it tried to reel back he kicked its back legs out, and then began to pull apart its fangs. It screamed and pulled and jumped, but eventually the bone holding them in place gave way, and the fangs parted. The whole head seemed to come with them as he ripped the fangs out, and when at last he stood, he did so with half of the spider's head in each hand. He threw them to the ground and retrieved Curse; it had gotten caught in the skull of the creature, the bone wrapping tight around the blade. He sheathed it. and began to leave.

+++

It turned out there was no inn in Shor's Stone, much to Gjorn's disappointment. He sat on a stump around the fire, bathing in the moonlight, telling the miners who dared to listen about what happened in the mine, although the deathbell juice made his memory hazy. He had managed to find a place to clean himself and, more importantly, Curse. The blade had lost its edge in the fight, and needed sharpening. The weight of the gold in his pocket was a welcome feeling, but the fire that wrapped so tightly to his bare skin was not. He was dressed in a pair of cloth trousers, and nothing else. The only reason he withstood the heat was because his dinner currently rested atop it.

"It can't be true. No man is strong enough to rip a spider apart like that." Gjorn smiled a sickly smile.

"Well it is. I wish I could say I have the scars to prove it, but they didn't get near me." He chuckled, being falsely and obviously overconfident. The others did not look so sure. "You will see for yourselves, when you are made to clear out the corpses. I apologize, but it will take you quite some time to clear up the blood."

"What's a man with killing power like that doing here, anyway? Why aren't you fighting for Ulfric? He's always looking for strong Nordic soldiers." Gjorn looked grim.

"I am no Nord. I am Skaal, of Solstheim. I put myself before Ulfric, and he beat me bloody. I will not fight for him, not today, not ever." The others looked at him as if wanting to hear more, but he was unwilling to tell. His dinner was just about ready, so he grabbed the charred meat from the fire and ripped into it. Chunks came away between his teeth. The meat was crisp and at the same time tender, seasoned and spiced to absolute perfection. He let out an appreciative groan as grease began to run down his chin and drip to the dirt. "This is good," he said to the men watching him. All of them gazed at him with undeniable curiosity. He stood, still holding the meat. "I will take my leave." He began to wander off to his camp. The sleeping roll was still sprawled beneath the tree, and no one had attempted to dig up his weapons.

He threw his bulk down onto the mat, and stared at the stars, and found shelter in the dream plane.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Natesse and Dreven explain the plan to Alice, then they're joined by Erandur. I used him as a minor character in The Arena Games to save Alice and nurse her back to health at the beginning of the RP. This is before he's in Dawnstar helping fight Vaermina's dreams and obviously before the heat he gives you in Skyrim. He seems like a person who'd know Dabiene and had convinced her to help Alice save her father while Natesse and Dreven do their own part of the plan. A convenient way to write them out. Considering Reforging an Empire and Reforging an Empire both died due to critical cast members disappearing from the site and I'm not making a third we can just assume they never happened.

Dabiene Caristiana

Alright, got it. That does make sense. Most likely Dabiene would be at the College of Winterhold by now. And if you pay attention in-game, the Court Mage of Dawnstar clearly states (or complains whichever way you look at it):

"If you're wondering about the nightmares don't bother. My pleas to the College have gone unheard."

Dabiene would have probably overheard College members talking about it if that were the case and, in her caring nature, would have gone herself with or without the Arch-Mage's blessing. So yes, that does make a lot of sense.

Good thinking Simus! :) You found Dabiene a way in. Bravo! I salute to your creativity. Now... to get Fenrir's CC up and running.

Dabiene Caristiana

I like running two characters so that there is always something to do if one of my characters are stuck somewhere for some reason, I can just keep moving my other character. Keeps things moving for me that way.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    If I have the need then I may whip up another, that is if Gjorn even gets accepted :')

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    He ripped a spider's head in half by its fangs with his bare hands, what's not to love?

Dabiene Caristiana

He's my hero. I hate spiders. 'Nuff said. :p

Just watched all three Lord of the Rings movies. When Shelob's scene came up, I felt a shiver down my spine and cheered when that disgusting thing got it's thorax whooped.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Haha, Gjorn would rip her fangs off. He did, and used it to stab another spider to death :p

Dabiene Caristiana

:p Good riddance to ugly rubbish I say!

Well there you have it Wolfbane. I got a noble werewolf Breton Spellsword/Battlemage and an Orc raised werewolf Nord warrior that's pretty damn blood crazy (or insane) in battle. Quite the combination of characters.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alright, got it. That does make sense. Most likely Dabiene would be at the College of Winterhold by now. And if you pay attention in-game, the Court Mage of Dawnstar clearly states (or complains whichever way you look at it):

"If you're wondering about the nightmares don't bother. My pleas to the College have gone unheard."

Dabiene would have probably overheard College members talking about it if that were the case and, in her caring nature, would have gone herself with or without the Arch-Mage's blessing. So yes, that does make a lot of sense.

Good thinking Simus! :) You found Dabiene a way in. Bravo! I salute to your creativity. Now... to get Fenrir's CC up and running.

Wait a minute...this is an argument for Dabiene NOT joining. I'm confused. Unless of course you mean Dabiene comes to Cyrodiil after Erandur writes to her.

Dabiene Caristiana

I actually have an idea on how Alice and Dabs could meet.

Natesse and Dreven explain the plan to Alice, then they're joined by Erandur. I used him as a minor character in The Arena Games to save Alice and nurse her back to health at the beginning of the RP. This is before he's in Dawnstar helping fight Vaermina's dreams and obviously before the heat he gives you in Skyrim. He seems like a person who'd know Dabiene and had convinced her to help Alice save her father while Natesse and Dreven do their own part of the plan. A convenient way to write them out. Considering Reforging an Empire and Reforging an Empire both died due to critical cast members disappearing from the site and I'm not making a third we can just assume they never happened.

I guess you can see where I got confused.

If you want Dabiene in there or not just let me know. Otherwise I'll have the Cacciatore twins instead. (it'll pretty much be just controlling one character for those two since they'd never separate)

Though now I reread your statement Dabiene wouldn't have known about the nightmares since they didn't happen so...

But the fact she is a powerful mage yet not a staff member, would allow her to go if duty called. Obviously she fled the Companions by now but would still have that taste for adventure. Aside from the fact she's willing to help those in need... I don't know, call it like it is. View it from Erandur's point of view. Dabiene is known in Solitude, Whiterun and obviously Winterhold by now so she would obviously be known from a normal Civilian's point of view, she would be known by local mages. Perhaps Erandur could contact Savos Aren for help and he would send Dabiene for aid or 'give her a vacation' due to her being buried in her books.

Again, call it like it is. Been tired lately so I'm not processing information well :p

You seem to have a keen sense of how things work. I'll leave it for you to decide. Dabiene would only appear for Alice's sake in 'defacto-mama' title.

Should I read "The Arena Games" to see what happened during that time and this roleplay? Seems like a good idea seeing that these two are somewhat tied together.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts