Quest Blindsighted Quest Glitch. HELP!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gsuhiti

Okay so, I am up to the last stages of the quest where you go into the Sanctuary (the room with the big statue and where Mercer is meant to appear). So I walk in, Karliah starts talking on how Mercer is still there, then Mercer says something like Karliah you can never get the drop on me and that is all he says. This is where the problem is, he doesn't say anything apart from that, and he doesn't even show up. After that line nothing happens, I am glued to the ground, I can't walk around all I can do is look around, I can't go into my inventory or anything.
To wrap this glitch up, I walk into the room, Mercer does not show up, I can't move and therefore cannot proceed with the Quest. I have tried to use the console to go to the next stage of the Quest, where I am stuck is stage 30, <setstage tg08b 40>. This now says, "Found mercer" then it says to "Slay Mercer".
Now I am able to move, but still Mercer does not appear!

Please help me out, and ideas would be appreciated!

Makhad

Okay so, I am up to the last stages of the quest where you go into the Sanctuary (the room with the big statue and where Mercer is meant to appear). So I walk in, Karliah starts talking on how Mercer is still there, then Mercer says something like Karliah you can never get the drop on me and that is all he says. This is where the problem is, he doesn't say anything apart from that, and he doesn't even show up. After that line nothing happens, I am glued to the ground, I can't walk around all I can do is look around, I can't go into my inventory or anything.
To wrap this glitch up, I walk into the room, Mercer does not show up, I can't move and therefore cannot proceed with the Quest. I have tried to use the console to go to the next stage of the Quest, where I am stuck is stage 30, <setstage tg08b 40>. This now says, "Found mercer" then it says to "Slay Mercer".
Now I am able to move, but still Mercer does not appear!

Please help me out, and ideas would be appreciated!

Hey, Just wondering if you got that fixed; having the same problem...

angel demise

Another quest-breaking glitch is that Mercer may not appear in the cavern at all. To solve this, save before you enter the cavern, then 'player.moveto 22651' and click on Mercer with the console open. Then, reload your save, enter the cavern, and 'enableplayercontrols'. Jump off the ledge, then type 'moveto player' in the console. Mercer should float his way up to the head of the statue and collapse the ledge, then run down to face you, allowing you to resume the quest as normal. It's possible that turning collision off may break this.

Panduhh_

Another quest-breaking glitch is that Mercer may not appear in the cavern at all. To solve this, save before you enter the cavern, then 'player.moveto 22651' and click on Mercer with the console open. Then, reload your save, enter the cavern, and 'enableplayercontrols'. Jump off the ledge, then type 'moveto player' in the console. Mercer should float his way up to the head of the statue and collapse the ledge, then run down to face you, allowing you to resume the quest as normal. It's possible that turning collision off may break this.
Whats the Solution to the first problem ? As you state "Another quest-breaking glitch is that Mercer may not appear in the cavern at all." without giving a clear solution to the first ? the link just sends me to the wiki and im not sure where to go from their

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts