Bleak Falls Barrow - Impossible!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skillshott

So I'm on my new play through, and this morning I was doing the bleak falls barrow quest at about level 6. I'm playing on master, although it was easy enough - just had to chug two or three minor health potions. I was close to over encumbered by the time I beat the spider, so I picked up the golden claw and hightailed it out of there, deciding to go back later. I got a little sidetracked and spent the rest of the day discovering new places, smithing, enchanting, and generally being a badass. By now I'm level 17, and I decide to go back and finish it up (since man, at that point I'm just thinking that I really need to start questing - I hadn't done a single one).

When I got up to Bleak Falls Barrow, everything is reset - everything I killed, all the loot, everything. And though the stuff the enemies dropped was about the same, and the chests were just as mediocre in their loot (again), everything was A LOT harder. I had to go through 6 or 7 health potions, berserkers rage, and some poisons to beat the spider!

So I got around to the Draugr, and I found something horribly wrong - before, it had been mostly regular Draugr with one or two Restless Draugr. Now, it was pretty much ALL RESTLESS DRAUGR. Not only that, but they still had the same s**t loot - but the already-dead skeletons in the tombs had some good stuff on them! Again, I carried on, fighting more and more Restless Draugr, going back to Whiterun to buy potions, back again, etc... Finally I get to the open area with the waterfall, and not only is there a Restless Draugr there, THERE IS A f***fNG FROST TROLL. I mean, what the hell? Is this supposed to happen? I have no clue in hell how I am supposed to do this now, and I am really afraid of the boss at the end.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
The game simply scaled the enemies in the area to your level. Frost trolls at lv. 17 should be doable.

Jaeger

Two hander Orc or sword and board?

Sword and board - down some veggie soup and keep him locked up. When he temper tantrums, cast healing (if needed) or hit him.

Diego The Assassin

Thalmor Slaughterer.
Yeah this is supposed to happen! I started that quest at lvl 20, not easy!

I have purposely avoided this quest for the above reasons and I'm at level 42 now. It might be one I just don't do because frost trolls give me nightmares. Not even kidding.

the world scales to your level. change your plops armor, pump up your HP, have a decent follower with you. if you did not do any quest, at least do one in riverwood, the one that involves a love triangle. MAKE SURE YOU ARE FRIENDLY TO FAENDAL. sven can't do jack pl***.

This is all because you play on Master. Don't play on Master. It comes from hell.

StealthSniper

Pure stealth archer. Lvl 6 cleared easy as pie. Just takes patience n being sneaky. Using the A.I's lack of intelligence and set parameters jumping up in a ledge or little area will cause the enemy to find the direct route ie stairs. Thus giving you Tim to pop a few shots n when he's about to get to you jump down and he will have to back track. Makes lesser damage characters a lil easier

Grelod The Kind

At master difficulty, enemies do 2x damage to you and you do .5x damage to them. Master difficulty is for at high levels, for when you've become overpowered in terms of gear (your sword does 250 damage a hit, your armor blocks 90 percent of incoming damage, et cetera).

Skillshott

At master difficulty, enemies do 2x damage to you and you do .5x damage to them. Master difficulty is for at high levels, for when you've become overpowered in terms of gear (your sword does 250 damage a hit, your armor blocks 90 percent of incoming damage, et cetera).

I've never had problems playing on Master before - I played up to level 50ish completely master no problem until my saves got deleted. I don't know, maybe that's because I agonize over every decision and try to play as strategically as possible. It seems too easy on Adept/Expert.

This is all because you play on Master. Don't play on Master. It comes from hell.

But, if it doesn't come from hell, it's not fun!

Pure stealth archer. Lvl 6 cleared easy as pie. Just takes patience n being sneaky. Using the A.I's lack of intelligence and set parameters jumping up in a ledge or little area will cause the enemy to find the direct route ie stairs. Thus giving you Tim to pop a few shots n when he's about to get to you jump down and he will have to back track. Makes lesser damage characters a lil easier

Clearing it at level 6 is easy. It doesn't have frost trolls at level 6.

Grelod The Kind

I've never had problems playing on Master before - I played up to level 50ish completely master no problem until my saves got deleted. I don't know, maybe that's because I agonize over every decision and try to play as strategically as possible. It seems too easy on Adept/Expert.

If strategy's the thing you're looking for, go ahead and play on Master. But the purpose of the slider? To balance the game if your character is overpowered or underpowered. Like, if a level 15 has the combat skills of a level 23, he might want to slide his difficulty up. Or, if this same level 15 has the combat skills of a level 9, he might want to slide his difficulty down.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
I wish you could set it so that enemies to master level difficulty to you, and you do novice level difficulty to them. You know, so both of you can die very quickly, combat would be a lot more fluid and fun, I hate bullet (sword??) sponges, they aren't hard, just annoying.

Kuros

master difficulty is for when youve advanced so far ahead of the competition that its too easy, not for when youre starting out, thats obviously your mistake

Aeri Shadow

Dainty Elven Heir
It's mostly because you played on Master, but after about 1-3 days of in-game time, all the monsters/traps/stupid stuff is all reset. I did the same thing, came in at level 2, came back at level 20 and got my ass whooped.

StealthSniper

master difficulty is for when youve advanced so far ahead of the competition that its too easy, not for when youre starting out, thats obviously your mistake

It's not a mistake it's a challenge. I'm on a new character using pure bow. Just gotta use the games AI. Against itself. Stratagey is all you need

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts