Quest Bleak Falls Barrow/Dragon Rising

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ac3b

Hi everybody,

after fetching the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow and bringing it back to Farengar, I'm stuck. I won't recieve the Quest Dragon Rising.

I tried several commands such as: resetquest MQ103 (and 104)
Completing those quests, completing several stages and such.

I have literally no Idea what to do, and I really dont want to start all over again.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
The quest Dragon Rising isn't given to you by Farengar though. There's supposed to be a Whiterun soldier that delivers a message to Jarl Balgruuf that the Western Watchtower is under attack. He and Irileth should be upstairs in Dragonreach, there's a stairway to the left of Balgruuf's throne.

Head upstairs and complete the dialogue with Balgruuf.

ac3b

I tried to talk to the Jarl but he isn't talking with anybody nor is he talking about that dragon attack. Irileth does not appear as well as no Scout appears. I cant continue the game anymore. :/

Noroxas

i feel for you man. I had a similar experience with the game beinng bugged so bad you can't progess. I had to head into dragonsreach to hand in my quest after killing the dragon at the whiterun tower. Unforunately everytime I would enter the reach the guards would kill me! I tried getting arrested, paying fines, staying in jail etc. I tried for like 3 hours then finally gave in and started a new character.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I tried to talk to the Jarl but he isn't talking with anybody nor is he talking about that dragon attack. Irileth does not appear as well as no Scout appears. I cant continue the game anymore. :/

Check to make sure that the quest is the only one marked then go to your map & see if there is an arrow pointing to a location near the Western Watch Tower, because that is where Irileth will be.

ac3b

I don't have the Quest Dragon Rising. Irileth or the Guard telling me there is a Dragon did not Spawn and i cannot continue the Main Quest. I finished Bleak Falls Barrow and now im Stuck with nothing but Sidequests.
I can reset MQ103 (BFB) but it does not Help me getting quest MQ104 (Dragon Rising).

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Then I suggest reloading an earlier save.

ac3b

I tried that several Times. I got a savestate where I just looted the Dragonstone but that doesnt change anything!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Try going back to before you entered Bleak Falls Barrow.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
What level is your Character ?

ac3b

19 and I have a few nice Items such as Meridians Stone (or however it is called) and I really dont want to restart.
Is there no way of adding a quest to my character?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Have you tried finding a Console Command for it ?

Dagmar would know the command for that if one exists.

ac3b

I was looking at several lists in several Skyrim Wikis but I did not find a command that explicit add quests.

Edit: I messaged Dagmar. Lets hope she can help me!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
i feel for you man. I had a similar experience with the game beinng bugged so bad you can't progess. I had to head into dragonsreach to hand in my quest after killing the dragon at the whiterun tower. Unforunately everytime I would enter the reach the guards would kill me! I tried getting arrested, paying fines, staying in jail etc. I tried for like 3 hours then finally gave in and started a new character.

You probably had Stage IV vampirism.

I don't have the Quest Dragon Rising. Irileth or the Guard telling me there is a Dragon did not Spawn and i cannot continue the Main Quest. I finished Bleak Falls Barrow and now im Stuck with nothing but Sidequests.

Sorry I know nothing about console commands being that I'm on the 360, which is probably a good thing, it seems less buggy.

Can you locate Irileth at all? Is she somewhere in Dragonsreach stuck? What about the Guard? Maybe they need to be FusRoDahed back into moving. There is a locate command via console that takes you directly to a certain NPC i believe, you may want to look into that.

ac3b

Can you locate Irileth at all? Is she somewhere in Dragonsreach stuck? What about the Guard? Maybe they need to be FusRoDahed back into moving. There is a locate command via console that takes you directly to a certain NPC i believe, you may want to look into that.

Hm, I will try that. But I don't know what Guard it is that comes and gives me the next Quest. I will try to find Irileth. Couldnt find her in Dragonsreach with nothing but my eyes.

EDIT: I tried to 'player.moveto' to Irileth, but it appers that she is kind of invisible/not spawned.
I just get to a location in front of the jarls throne. I tried to spawn Irileth with 'placeatme' but that did not trigger the Event that is needed for me to get Dragon Rising. sigh

EDIT2: So I got Irileth to spawn and show up, but that didn't help me trigger the Event. :sadface:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How did you get Irileth to show up?

The traditional console command used to get past stalled quest progression is the setstage command not the resetquest command but before you do that use the command "Player.sqs MQ103." That command will pull up a list of all the stages of the quest and whether the game has recognized that you have achieved them (with a "1") or if you haven't (with a "0"). Please post what the results are for stages 185 and 200.

ac3b

I tried to move myself to her with the player.moveto-command, and she was kind of invisible, but she was in dragonsreach. I then targeted her with 'prid 0001a67f' and disabled and reenabled her. She showed up then, but did not trigger the Event for Dragon Rising. I those stages from MQ103 but it did not change anything at all. :sadface:

ac3b

I gave up and started a new Character since this Bug seems unfixable. Sadly I did not find Meridians Stone and have to Search for it all over again. :sadface:

Thanks everyone for trying to help me!

Zuko Ujiie

How did you get Irileth to show up?

The traditional console command used to get past stalled quest progression is the setstage command not the resetquest command but before you do that use the command "Player.sqs MQ103." That command will pull up a list of all the stages of the quest and whether the game has recognized that you have achieved them (with a "1") or if you haven't (with a "0"). Please post what the results are for stages 185 and 200.

185 = 1
200 = 0

Old thread I know, but this seems to be the closest anyone has seem to get to fixing this problem.

ED: For those having this problem, my SKSE was causing my problems! All the best.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts