Blades or Greybeards? Imperial or Stormcloak who did you choose

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anton Volkihar

Vampire Lord, Champion of Molag Bal, Dragonborn
I become a Blade because Dragons and Men cannot coexist either the Dragons will try to enslave and kill Humankind (again) or Men will destroy the Dragons because no one likes or trusts Dragons at all..heck Man and Mer cant even coexist they are always at each others necks trying to destroy and enslave each other.

I became an Imperial because while I support alot of the Stormcloaks goals like Freedom of Religion and being Independent it just isnt realistic in the long term..its good in the short term IMO but it isnt in the long term because most Stormcloaks are so xenophobic they refuse to shop at markets that are run by non Nords and to become Independent means no longer having supplies and food being shipped from Cyrodil which most if not all of Skyrim depends on and if Independent Skyrim being led by Stormcloaks who hate magic trys to take the fight to the Thalmor they will be sending themselves to sovenguard early because non mage Stormcloaks are no match against the huge sophistocated master mage Aldmeri Dominion the dominion would just laugh while destroying all the stormcloaks with ease. the stormcloaks are very small and easy compaired to the Aldmeri Dominion and will just defeat the stormcloaks and strut right into skyrim laughing at how they fooled all the nords into becoming Independent. So freedom of religion is a very nobile thing and so is being Independent and self suffecient but it isnt realistic in Skyrims current political climate so its best to just ride it out until Titus Mede is dead and until the Empire gets a real Emporer

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I become a Blade because Dragons and Men cannot coexist either the Dragons will try to enslave and kill Humankind (again) or Men will destroy the Dragons because no one likes or trusts Dragons at all..heck Man and Mer cant even coexist they are always at each others necks trying to destroy and enslave each other.

I became an Imperial because while I support alot of the Stormcloaks goals like Freedom of Religion and being Independent it just isnt realistic in the long term..its good in the short term IMO but it isnt in the long term because most Stormcloaks are so xenophobic they refuse to shop at markets that are run by non Nords and to become Independent means no longer having supplies and food being shipped from Cyrodil which most if not all of Skyrim depends on and if Independent Skyrim being led by Stormcloaks who hate magic trys to take the fight to the Thalmor they will be sending themselves to sovenguard early because non mage Stormcloaks are no match against the huge sophistocated master mage Aldmeri Dominion the dominion would just laugh while destroying all the stormcloaks with ease. the stormcloaks are very small and easy compaired to the Aldmeri Dominion and will just defeat the stormcloaks and strut right into skyrim laughing at how they fooled all the nords into becoming Independent. So freedom of religion is a very nobile thing and so is being Independent and self suffecient but it isnt realistic in Skyrims current political climate so its best to just ride it out until Titus Mede is dead and until the Empire gets a real Emporer
You can kill Titus mead but the legion acts like he aint dead

I chose the Stormcloaks and the Greybeards. I hate General Tulius, which is why I didn't join the Imperials; and I couldn't kill Paarthunax, which is why I joined the Greybeards.

tx12001

:sadface:

I chose the Stormcloaks and the Greybeards. I hate General Tulius, which is why I didn't join the Imperials; and I couldn't kill Paarthunax, which is why I joined the Greybeards.
have you ever played oblivion the empire aint so bad but then again that empire died out 200 years ago with all those fine people, Henymous Lex, Corvus Umbranox, Ocato, Martin Septim, Uriel Septim VII, Lucien Lachance, Janus Hassildor (He is probably stil Around) how i miss them so

:sadface: have you ever played oblivion the empire aint so bad but then again that empire died out 200 years ago with all those fine people, Henymous Lex, Corvus Umbranox, Ocato, Martin Septim, Uriel Septim VII, Lucien Lachance, Janus Hassildor (He is probably stil Around) how i miss them so

I liked Martin Septim. He was all right. Good ol' Lucien Lachance (well, sort of).

tx12001

:sadface: have you ever played oblivion the empire aint so bad but then again that empire died out 200 years ago with all those fine people, Henymous Lex, Corvus Umbranox, Ocato, Martin Septim, Uriel Septim VII, Lucien Lachance, Janus Hassildor (He is probably stil Around) how i miss them so

I liked Martin Septim. He was all right. Good ol' Lucien Lachance (well, sort of).
Poor Lucien go gutted and decapitated the horror:sadface:

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Most of my characters don't like the Imperials or the Stormcloaks. I've only one character following the Stormcloaks for roleplay reasons, but other than that I usually play unscrupulous types of characters that follow factions that don't give a rat's a$$ about the civil war (Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Lord Harkon, Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold). If the Imperials hadn't tried to remove my body from my head I may have given them a chance, as I think Ulfric and his band of Stormcloaks are a bunch of fruitcakes.

As far as Greybeard or Blades, I choose Blades, just because most of my characters prefer sword-play as opposed to Dragon Shouts (I very rarely use Dragon Shouts, even though I think they're awesome, they just don't help level any skills). However, I do like the Greybeards personality-wise because they don't annoy me quite like the way Delphine does. I still haven't actually completed the main quest yet, so my opinion may change.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I choose the Imperials because I don't like Ulfric and I don't trust the Thalmor. I generally choose the Blades because I prefer to join a faction who's oath includes protecting "all of Tamriel".

Rimfaxe96

Greybeards because screw the Blades. At first I was kind of sorry for Delphine, everyone she worked and lived with being killed and stuff, but in the end I just can't bear her. I think I'd rather stand a 3-hour-Thalmor-speech about why elves are superior than listening to that one line of Delphine about Paarthurnax having to die because screw dragons. Yes, the majority of the dragons can't be talked with and better be murdered, but that one dragon will never be killed by my virtual hands. After all he knows that I'm out there murdering his kin, his own brothers, and yet he still helps me. Against Alduin in particular of course, but he'd have to be blind and deaf not to know of my dragon murder sprees all across Skyrim.

This picture describes it pretty well; in my last few playthroughs I've turned my attention to the TV when the Blades had their turn in the Main-Questline.
tumblr_mr1vbm0TFr1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

I don't mind her almost-DB-like style, it's the only way for the Blades to come back, work in secrecy; but I have my principles and I won't kill my friend. And foes of my friends are my foes as well. Especially when they're as annoying as Delphine and at times Esbern too.

For the Civil War stuff I picked Imperials because I don't see how a bunch of rebels who are struggling against only a smaller part of the Imperial Legion can win against the Aldmeri Dominion who have almost crushed the entire Legion within a few months. As much as I like cynical-sadistic wars where you throw your soldiers as cannon fodder at your enemy, the Empire can't afford that right now. Especially not with someone like Ulfric leading them, you can't storm head-on into a nation of magical pointy-eared racists, pointy-eared archers who're well adapted to their territory or killer sand cats who won't have any inhibitions to kill you off.
I won't lie, I feel like my characters are totally idiotically brainless nutjobs for following people who have recently tried to chop their heads off, but since Ulfric doesn't greet you as chop-block-buddies with mead in one hand and a pretty sword in the other I'll stick with the less-suicidal Empire.

tx12001

Nords act like they are the strongest race, when they are not, Orcs are obviously Stronger than they are, High Elves are obviously taller and despite the fact Nords call them "Little Elf"
Imperials are Obviously Smarter and it is said Redguards are amongst the Best Fighters and Bosmer are the Best Archers so what are Nords, the Best Drunks, Complainers, A**holes? They set there sights far to High to think their "Nord" Exclusive army could actually stand up to the Empire let alone the Dominion, if the Empire was not at war with the Thalmor and they had soldiers to spare
Emporer Titus mead could have the stormcloaks wiped out on a whim, the Nords don't seem to understand the size difference between their puny army and the Imperial Empire, the army that they are up against in Skyrim is only a small part of the Empire, Most of the Empire had trouble fending off the Thalmor, what chance would the Stormcloaks have?, If Ulfric wanted a Chance at Any Victory against the Dominion then he and his men should lay of the dark elves and the Argonians and try to reform the Ebonheart pact if they were to stand any chance at victory against the opposing forces, However reforging that alliance would be quite difficult considering the recent hostility between the Dunmer and the Argonians over in Morrowind.

Chadonraz

Greybeards and Imperials.

This is what I've chosen 99% of the time (never sidd with the Blades, and the Stormcloaks only twice or thrice).
However, now that I have played through Morrowind's MQ, I'm feeling kinda conflicted regarding Blades vs. Greybeards.
Yes, Delphine and Esbern are both annoying, and yes, I do like Paarthurnax... but still. Luckily there's no need to advance the main quest to that point yet.

As for the Civil War, I don't want to join either side. That is another reason I'm not advancing the MQ; if I got the Scroll and "defeated" Alduin, I'd end up starting "Season Unending". And because there's no way I'd leave Markarth under Stormcloak control, I'd have to do the Civil War, too.
There's also no way I'd "liberate" Whiterun by having Vignar take over, wreck Solitude, or have Dengeir replace Siddgeir as Jarl of Falkreath. If/when I eventually do pick a side, it's definitely going to be the Empire.
This has got to be the most ridiculous reason for not wanting to do the CW, but I don't want soldiers replacing guards. I'm just so fond of those guys, and gals. :D

Fortunately there's a million things to do even without the CW and the MQ halted at "Diplomatic Immunity" (I want to totally own those Thalmor when I do go to the party, and my character isn't ready for such a feat).

tx12001

It would be funny see if the stormcloaks would regret there decision to become independent when they relies that many of them go hungry and starve death, the food grown skyrim is not enough to feed everyone there, and then they would soon learn that lack of food has withered the soldiers and made them to weak to take up arms against any foe witch would lead to their quick demise

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Greybeards all day. Can't stand the Blades.

Now, depending on the character I create influences whether or not I choose to be a Stormcloak or Imperial.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
No Blades, ignore them after the Sky Temple thing and don't really care whether Parthy lives or dies.

Usually Imperial unless playing a Nord and then not necessarily Stormcloaks either - just a bunch of xenophobic, violent, barbaric savages. The Nords themselves, no prob, luv 'em no matter what I'm playing on the whole. Besides, I don't like all the changes to the Jarls with the Stormcloak win. At least with the Imperials I get to keep the Jarls I like and get rid of the ones that get on my nerves.

Now the question is - Dawnguard or Volkahir (sic.)?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts