Blacksmith Roleplay Build Ideas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

Well guys i saw a blacksmith build on the web a while ago and was wondering if anyone has actually done this build. The basis of it was just perks in smithing, a couple in speech for prices. this build was non combat just follower does all the fighting if get caught by bandits and dragons etc, no dungeon raiding.
The main thing i want to know is can this be a viable build, and i would love some input for ideas as i would really like to have a go at this just for a change and a bit of fun........

grimAuxiliatrix

Not sure how viable a build it would be if you're doing almost no fighting and I doubt blacksmiths are high-ranking Illusionists, either, to make enemies calm or run away. Even if you want to RP a merchant, you'd have to either have SOME skill in fighting or Illusion, Conjuration and Restoration magic, which doesn't really fit with the theme of a blacksmith/merchant.

Tbh, I can't see you getting very far unless you fight. As well, you kind of need to do SOME dungeon raiding if you want ore/ingots for your smithing.

You can't even make very much money from doing it, really. You'd have to penny-pinch and sell loads of stuff to get anywhere.

Twiffle

Not sure how viable a build it would be if you're doing almost no fighting and I doubt blacksmiths are high-ranking Illusionists, either, to make enemies calm or run away. Even if you want to RP a merchant, you'd have to either have SOME skill in fighting or Illusion, Conjuration and Restoration magic, which doesn't really fit with the theme of a blacksmith/merchant.

Tbh, I can't see you getting very far unless you fight. As well, you kind of need to do SOME dungeon raiding if you want ore/ingots for your smithing.

You can't even make very much money from doing it, really. You'd have to penny-pinch and sell loads of stuff to get anywhere.

actually you make some good points, of which i had thought about. so i tweeked it a little by using just pickaxe and woodaxe dual wield for defence, resto to heal, maybe a little archery but speech for trading, mostly visiting mines for ore, so thats were ill make money and do some fistycuffs lol. but thanxs for the input, very good points, hope i have addressed the pits n falls, if not let me know see if summat i may have missed,

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I was gonna consider maybe also amping up Enchanting, since enchanted weapons are worth more than normal ones and you would be able to bring in some more gold, but without the dungeon diving it would be difficult to procure weapons to disenchant...

Hmm. Maybe send in the follower to do the killing, then swoop in like a vulture and loot the dead bodies? Lol. I mean, a man's gotta get ore somehow, right?

Twiffle

I was gonna consider maybe also amping up Enchanting, since enchanted weapons are worth more than normal ones and you would be able to bring in some more gold, but without the dungeon diving it would be difficult to procure weapons to disenchant...

Hmm. Maybe send in the follower to do the killing, then swoop in like a vulture and loot the dead bodies? Lol. I mean, a man's gotta get ore somehow, right?

to be honest im struggling how to do the follower thing, maybe have to ditch that idea untill i get further in the game and get good followers, dont think faendal in riverwood is up to much, lol

Stranger

I think it is a viable build, if you start out as a hunter to practice you craft using leather to earn cash. If you're against that, run errands for NPCS to fund your early work. For a good follower to help out...Faendal would work for the hunting angle, otherwise get Meeko the dog. Maybe the guardman from Morthal. Benor? Something like that.

Twiffle

I think it is a viable build, if you start out as a hunter to practice you craft using leather to earn cash. If you're against that, run errands for NPCS to fund your early work. For a good follower to help out...Faendal would work for the hunting angle, otherwise get Meeko the dog. Maybe the guardman from Morthal. Benor? Something like that.

this is the video i saw about it, , i just doing a few changes

llhypnotikll

Xbox Gamertag: llHyPNoTiKll
to be honest im struggling how to do the follower thing, maybe have to ditch that idea untill i get further in the game and get good followers, dont think faendal in riverwood is up to much, lol
Isn't Marcurio a hired follower for like 500 gold in Riften or something? If so... then you hit the jackpot buy hiring him for his destruction skills

Twiffle

Isn't Marcurio a hired follower for like 500 gold in Riften or something? If so... then you hit the jackpot buy hiring him for his destruction skills

prob was travelling as only walking, however, had a brawl in a bar and now i have Uthgerd from Whiterun, as id never used a follower shes good practice, but ty for the suggestion.

LeonitusAquilius

Founder of Aquilius Steel
Hey, dont know if you are still doing this but thought i'd add my two pennies worth. I roleplay as a blacksmith and i'll tell you how I set my character up etc and then you can see if you can tweak to fit your needs. Firstly I have played ALL of the Elder Scrolls games and ALWAYS as an Imperial. With Skyrim I found I had to basically follow the story and do a lot of questing to earn money and skills then 'retire' from adventuring and set up as a blacksmith. I went for perks in smithing, one handed, heavy armor (as this is worth more) enchanting and speech. once I had those skills where I wanted them I started on the alchemy perks so I could sell poisoned blades and bows to the dark brother hood etc. With the Hearthfire DLC I bought a hall and set it up as a 'studio' with armory to display my steel and armor, an enchanters tower and an alchemy tower with the forge and workshop in the cellar.

The way I play is a bit more involved than that but those are the basics. If you would like more info please feel free to message me!

MetalHeadManiac

Aela's TRUE husband
Id get a POWERFUL follower and use some non combat magic. no harm in a bit of tweaking. use illusion for them to back off, restoration to heal, alteration for armor

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts