• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RocksThrowME

Last night I was playing Dragon Born on the xbox 360 and I was on the final quest. I was told to read the black book waking dreams and when I go to read it I don't teleport to a other realm. I just stare at the first page and can't do anything but close the book. I cannot continue the quest. I am in Sothiem and I tried all the other books and they work fine. Please help! My gamer tag is Rocks Throw Me.

Tryn

Premium Member
I can't recall which one this is. Is it the book with 3 holes in it? If so, it may not be obvious, but there are somewhat brighter areas being projected above each hole which allow you to pick your reward.

RocksThrowME

No... It's the book in your inventory you get from temple of Miraak. You read it to go fight Miraak in the last part of the main quest. I tried deleting the DLC and redownloading it. I have no more ideas on how to fix it myself.

Tryn

Premium Member
Hmm... the only thing I can think of is have you learned the previous word of power you were given? Perhaps that's a qualification to continue.

RocksThrowME

I have all the words of power for Bend Will which is the only requirement. My quest log says to read the book, and when I do, nothing happens.

DontTreadOnKYLE

I just now reached this point in the Dragonborn DLC quest line and am having the same exact issue. I have the 5 black books and when I ready them it'll take me to the appropriate part of Apocrypha, except when I read Waking Dreams. It just opens the first page of the book and nothing triggers. I'm not transported anywhere. Has anyone confirmed a solution to this glitch? Can anything be done to trigger what is supposed to happen or does loading an older save and playing back to this point work?

Guptah

Having exactly the same issue and no-one seems to have the answer also getting a bit fed up with the Bethesda customer service they take me for some kind of mug

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
The OP gave his gamer tag, so I doubt that he's playing on PC and can use the console command.

DB's glitchy as hell and even after being out for two months, most glitches don't have a good fix yet. I did some googling and couldn't find any answers; people with the same issue, but no answers, just like a lot of other DB glitches.

Guptah

me too..... frustrating. Anyone have a workaround? Previous save is not happening..

For what they have been worth, I have been in contact with Bethesda support over this matter and other than the obvious troubleshooting tips I have followed, they have asked me to wait 30 in game days and start a side quest in one of the 9 holds and search around for 15-30 mins apparently this will reset the code and sort out the problem. good luck

JClarke1953

I've had that problem too, mostly when my char is "too tired to fight". After several more tries, I decided to go back to before I picked up the Book, and began again. This time, I didn't let all the weirdness distract me, and I was able to get thrust okay.

I've found that if there's a glitch in some place, the best thing to do is to begin again before you started the quest, job, dungeon etc.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I've been quite lucky having very few glitches with Dragon born. Except the occasional loading a cell and suddenly falling through the floor. Happened to me in the house of the leader of Raven Rock. I saved myself on that one because I saw it then jumped on this little thing that was still solid, then proceeded to jump around until I could reach the door to exit. Kind of hard to explain from a role play stand point. The sudden removal of the laws of physics.

Haven't experienced this Waking Dreams glitch, sounds like it really sucks.

JClarke1953

I had a weird one happen when forging the Gauldar Amulet. One of them shouted at my char, and the next thing I know, it's in space, spinning and whirling. When I finally land, I had fallen down some kind of hole or so,etching, but ended up where the entrance/exit is.

I had loosed my Dremore Lord's just before, and by the time I ran back, it was about over, and of course the gate was still down. Fortunately, I was able to get Lydia to open it so we could finish. I searched all over for where I got Shouted into or through, but wasn't able to.

Guptah

Bethesda asked me to complete the dragonborn dlc with a brand new character.... what a ridiculous request. Iv since demanded a refund and threatened them with trading standards and they have apologised and offered me a refund.. Result.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Bethesda asked me to complete the dragonborn dlc with a brand new character.... what a ridiculous request. Iv since demanded a refund and threatened them with trading standards and they have apologised and offered me a refund.. Result.

Trading standards?

I'm unfamiliar with the term. Why are these (apparently) the magic words?

Thanks much.

Guptah

Sorry its a British thing they are a company that monitor products and are there for the consumer they are very good at dishing out bad press if the consumer has a problem they big companies especially just overlook and basically tell you to get lost. Sure you will have something simalar where you are.

JClarke1953

Not unless things are really bad. I've not looked into it, but I kind of doubt much can be done short of a class action lawsuit.

Thing is, under what heading or wording would it go as? It has bug's/glitches? A lot of games do, but, most if not all generally have fixes out, and most of the time more than one.

It seems Bethesda is more interested in the $$ than putting out a quality game, that IS ready, and that fixes are worked on or prepared when they get word of various problems. Especially since so many have the same problems in this game.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Yeah, it seems clear that they either just don't test a number of things or don't pay attention to their testers.

When you introduce a new weapon that can't be placed on a rack or mounted, you haven't tested well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts