• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    ~Hey everyone! I've noticed a lack of posting on most threads so me and my creative mind though we'd create something new to get everyone's minds roaring.
    Love the craziest writer around
    -Dreamer

Treasure can be found anywhere, occasionally enough to set someone up for life. This is so much more than that. A King before he even knew it found the most wonderful treasure, but even it came at a price so he hid it, never to be seen again. Tales have been told, and songs sung about this unholy treasure. That if a mere mortal should even look at it they would melt from the brightness of it all. Although some say that only those blessed by the Gods, or cursed by the Daedra can bare witness to its greatness. Many, many years ago a man by the name of Ullr Greatfrost found a key to this treasure. He was written off as a madman by his peers and cast out of the College of Winterhold because he spent so much time searching for the treasure. After he was kicked out of the College he vanished. Never to be seen again. He is said to still be searching, thousands of years later, for the Treasure of the Gods. They say it's Beyond Your Wildest Dreams.

~ Okay! This is purely for fun but I do have to put in a few ground rules.
    -Please be, well not polite per say (my characters are always sarcastic/kinda rude) but don't be hating on someone just because.
    -I don't know if you noticed but to be able to claim a share of the treasure you have to be 'blessed' by a god (Akatosh, Mara, etc.) or 'cursed' by a Daedric Lord (Hircine, Shegorath, etc.) So choose one and create your character from there.

Now that those 'rules' are out of the way lets get started, you don't have to post really long character cards if you don't want to (I don't blame you) they take forever. If you just want to smash something together right quick I don't mind at all! Also! Only one 'God/Lord' per person and I would prefer if you had a someone different from someone else's. Now I don't mind if your character serves Molag Bol but worships Mara or something but you can only choose ONE to be your, how can I put this, 'guide'.

Okay everyone! If your interested just post a character and I'll get back to you when I'm finished with my character! DIBS ON HIRCINE!!! (Gotta love me some werewolves <3)

Catharsis

Digital Prophet
    Octavia Björg

Blessed by: Kyne
    Skills: One-handed, Speech, and Restoration
    Octavia is tall and sculpted from years of hard labour in the fields of her adoptive family's farm. Her skin is an dark olive color typical of a Redguard and slightly pointed ears due to her High Elf father. Octavia's eyes are an odd startling blue color that is impossible to miss, most likely a feature derived from her father. Dark hair hangs to her shoulders and is most often thrown in a haphazard braid over her shoulder. Particularly sharp and graceful features make up Octavia's face, the only blemish a small scar that runs from her bottom lip to the end of her chin.

Octavia tends to not care too much about her clothing, opting to settle for a simple white tunic that no one in Skyrim would turn their head at. A steel hatchet constantly hangs from her hip. Blue swirling war paint is a constant accessory on her face, a homage to her Redguard heritage.
    Octavia was born to a a pair of indentured slaves under the strict hand of a High Elven master. Octavia's parents had attempted to settle on Summerset Isle to escape ridicule back home due to their relationship. They were unable to pay for the voyage and building of a home however and were forced to work for a wealthy High Elf land owner until they could pay off their debt to him and live free.

Unfortunately, when Octavia was born her parents Altmer master was appalled with her. He immediately had Octavia stripped from her parents arms and ushered away on a boat bound somewhere he didn't even know. Fortunately for Octavia, a Nord shipmate by the name of Rolf Björg discovered her on the ship. Rolf, out of the kindness of his heart, took her back to his wife and farm in Skyrim. Rolf's wife, Abbigail, was a kind Imperial woman. She and Rolf had a son not that much older than Octavia herself, his name was Olver but he was killed in a fatal hunting accident when Octavia was thirteen. Abbigail and Rolf gladly took Octavia in as their own, even naming her.

Rolf and Abbigail believed the orphaned girl to simply be a Redguard with astoundingly blue eyes. It wasn't until she was one that Abbigail noticed the slight point to Octavia's ears and her unusually sharp facial features. But, she never formally acknowledged that Octavia was not fully Redguard until she was twelve. The young Half-elf showed a high apptitude for magic and had an almost magical charm about her. It was only now that Abbigail and Rolf fully realized their adoptive daughter's mixed parentage.

Octavia had grown up thinking herself to be Redguard but upon her parents realization, she found herself conflicted. Young Octavia did the best she could to learn of her Elven heritage, even going so far as to hang around high elves in cities when her parents went to trade there. Though she never really felt close to her Elven blood, Octavia tries to be true to it.

Nowadays, Octavia tries to stay indifferent to the war and the battle ravaging Skyrim. One one part, she despises her people for the death they've caused in the only homeland she's ever known, but on the other she feels she owes it to her people to help them. Indifference seems to her to be the best option.

Octavia still lives in her families old homestead, but mostly alone now that her parents have passed. She is only accompanied by a small general goods store that is still run by a family friend next to the esate and a few guards. Other than that, Octavia is some in her endeavors.

(Haven't done anything like this in a while so this is a little short for my liking. But here's my half-elf child.)

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    That was a really intriguing backstory and I've never had someone mix Redguard with an Elf I love it. If your interested to join your in. And your welcome to ask some friends if they want to join aswell.

Catharsis

Digital Prophet
    Alas, I'm fairly new and have no friends yet. I'll be sure to send them over if I manage to make any. :)

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    That's fine, I'm in the process of making my character as we speak. Just to be clear Octavia uses both a sword and magic correct?

Catharsis

Digital Prophet
    Yes, she can. Though she's more skilled in restoration than she is any sort of straight on combat magic.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Ok that's all I needed to know thanks. I will post my character in the morning and then perhaps we will have others trying to join aswell.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    I would also like to add that blessed by the gods could also be seen as a descendent of them. Talos was once a man so whose to say that the others were always gods aswell.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Yeah that's fine! If you want to change her up a bit I don't mind at all. Like for me right now I'm fleshing out my character and making sure she works. I'll probably change a few things before posting her.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Name: Elspeth Adrastia

Race: Nord
    Height/weight: 5'9" 160 lbs
    Class: Shadowbane Inquisitor
    Blessing: Stendarr
    Preferred dialogue colour: Orange

Appearance
    Hair: Brown in a pixie cut. The pic below shows her hair and eyes only. Nothing else looks like her.
    Anne-Hathaway-Pixie.jpg

Eye colour: Brown
    Skin colour: Pale
    Build: Tall and strong, the perfect proportion of fat and muscle for a woman her age and height.
    Usual clothes:

Full ebony armor with a trailing black cape, elbow length ebony gloves, armored ebony knee high boots with pointed toes and a tall wide brimmed hat. Also has a two piece pair of white long underwear underneath to keep her warm and relatively comfortable (basically long johns).

Personality: Extremely calm and tranquil. Extremely disciplined, strict and has a routine she never deviates from. She is most comfortable around those of like mind and habit but welcomes those of any walk of life in order to keep her perspective balanced. She is often hard and judgmental but only because her code demands it of her. She is warm and kind-hearted when she can afford to be, such as in private with people that have proven their trustworthiness or when caring for children or other innocents.

Positive traits: Strong, focused, honorable, unshakably loyal to those she fights alongside, honest, almost impossible to distract or frustrate, near perfect discipline, selfless, kills without mercy, remorse or reflection.

Negative traits: Strict, rigid, very conservative, predictable, can have her own code used against her, has difficulty relaxing, sees much of the world in black and white with no room for interpretation or compromise, kills without mercy, remorse or reflection, follows her code regardless of moral, legal or social conflict.

Likes: The order her code brings to her life, watching people, making up stories about them based on what she can observe, being warm, a soft bed, red wine, hot well prepared food, meditating, gazing into the night sky, the warmth and peace a fire brings.

Loves: Her daughters, children, cats, shepherds pie, boiled cabbage, Stendarr.

Dislikes: Daedra, undead, drunks, killing innocents, retreating, thieves, assassins, those she deems without honor, laziness, those that put pleasure over work.

Fears: Losing her daughters, having to kill her daughters, being imprisoned, failure.

Aspirations: To wander The Empire for as long as she is able, serving the code, removing evil and meeting out justice. If she dies in battle it would be a good death but if she dies an old woman warm in bed then she will know without a doubt that her life had meaning. She would be able to die in peace.

Weapons: A silver longsword as shown above except it glows white instead of the bluish colour. It is enchanted with restoration magic to produce a white hot flame that can cleave through armor, flesh and bone. That isn't to say it can cut through anything in one stroke but it will break any substance with enough force and repetition. Flesh wounds become cauterized and armor becomes cracked and weakened when struck if it is not cut through outright. Pairs it with a large Ebony kite shield with Stendarr's emblem emblazoned in gold.

A device that is made like a hand crossbow but uses magika to produce a constant stream of flame. Elspeth calls it a flametongue wand. It works just like a staff of flames except it's smaller and has a more limited range. She can press and activation rune on the top to produce the licking flames at the muzzle and pull the trigger to produce the cone of flame. Looks like the picture above.

Elspeth also has a heavy ebony crossbow she carries across her back. Not shown but it looks just like the one in Skyrim.

Fighting style: Elspeth is a front line melee fighter. When with a group, she is always at the front. When alone she charges without fear or hesitation. She activates her flametounge wand as soon as she gets close enough, then engages her foes in melee combat. The flametounge wand is handy enough to be used as a close combat weapon and is deadly at point blank range but she must be mindful of what she shoots at to avoid burning an ally. She strikes quickly, making the sting of her blade felt through small quick cuts, then pouncing on any foe who stumbles. She executes said foe with as little flair as possible to demoralize his fellows and to make sure he's dead. If taking on a winged foe or an exceptionally large one, Elspeth will use her crossbow to kill or weaken it, engaging in melee combat if necessary to finish it off. If she expects heavy ranged fire, a drawn out melee fight or an opponent who appears faster she will use her shield. Either her shield or her flametongue wand can be dropped instantly for the other to be drawn.

Skills: A master of one handed combat, heavy armor, shields, crossbows, restoration magic, alteration magic, fire based destruction magic and smite magic, essentially weaponized restoration magic. Its use against the undead and daedra is obvious but it is also potent against the living. Elspeth can create a flash of light that blinds and disorients enemies or bolts of golden magic or beams of light similar in effect to fire spells. She can even press her hand against a foe's exposed skin to summon a burning brand of Stendarr. The brand causes incredible pain for its bearer and gives them an overwhelming compulsion to fall to their knees and confess their sins. If placed on armor, the brand has a less severe but more widespread effect, slowly heating the wearer until he starts to cook inside his own armor. Most either fall to the ground from heat exhaustion or madly try and rip their armor off. Both easy prey for Elspeth and her holy blade.

Family: One deceased husband and three daughters, all vampires.

Reputation: Elspeth is a member of the Inquisition of Stendarr, a monastic order created after the Oblivion Crisis to protect the Empire from undead, daedra and other extraordinary threats before they can cause harm. As Cyrodiil is the heart of the Empire any threat to it must be quickly and mercilessly stamped out. The Inquisiton of Stendarr was created with the same goals in mind as the Vigil of Stendarr and was formed around the same people but where the Vigilants are the rank and file monster hunters of Tamriel Inquisitors are the best of the best. The Inquisition deals with situations that have exceeded what normal men and even Vigilants can cope with. They are the finest monster hunters in all Tamriel and are completely free to carry out their holy mission anywhere they desire. Some Inquisitors are on a lifelong mission of revenge or penance. Others seek a life of service out of duty or fulfilling a purpose. Many members come from the Vigil or the Dawnguard and their experience is invaluable but they all must give up their lives and everything in them to become an Inquisitor. It is a total commitment. There are few who are willing to give of themselves so completely and there is a high casualty rate during training. Those who survive with both grace and honor must prove themselves worthy during initiation, a long and brutal time of training, fasting, scripture education and prayer that ends with taking the Code of the Inquisition. The Code is a long and detailed tome that covers almost any situation but at its heart it is relatively simple. Protect the weak when you can, strike at evil when you encounter it, give the enemies of mortals no quarter or mercy and let nothing stand in your way. Destroy evil by any means necessary.

This last part of the code is what Inquisitors of Stendarr are best known for and is the strongest reason why they are viewed with as much fear as awe. An Inquisitor will do anything and everything, even kill innocents, to complete her mission. If a vampire and his teenage victim must die to save five others, so be it. If a house must be burnt to the ground with its family still inside in order to prevent a werewolf's escape, so be it. If an entire village must be burnt to the ground with its people locked inside their homes to ensure a vampire coven's destruction or its people crucified along the main road to destroy a coven of witches, so be it.

The biggest benefit of being an Inquisitor if Stendarr is being gifted a Flask of Eternal Purity, a powerful and ancient artifact that holds a liquid that extends the imbiber's life well beyond that of human years. The liquid never runs out so long as the flask is undamaged and an Inquisitor who drinks from it will have her wounds restored almost as fast as a vampire heals. Any wound or malady can be cured by drinking from a Flask of Eternal Purity and those who drink regularly will never age. They will age again if they stop drinking for several months but otherwise they will live and fight forever. This is the source of the incredible skill and experience of the Inquisitors and is their most closely guarded secret. If the Inquisition's enemies are immortal monsters, then they will fight forever.

Backstory: Elspeth spent her youth as part of a bandit clan, joining at 16. For a relatively normal farm girl from Rorikstead, it was the most exciting and freeing thing she could have imagined. She spent her days killing, making love to men, doing everything to excess and experiencing all life has to offer. By the time she was 24 however, her choices caught up with her. The clan was ordered by a very wealthy client to storm a small village and take everything in the town center. They were expecting weapons, gold and other riches but what they found was the town's children. Half the clan, including Elspeth, realized their client was a slaver and objected. The other half, including the leader, wanted to continue the job anyway. What resulted was a full on melee in which most of the clan slaughtered each other. Elspeth used the distraction to free the children and lead them to safety in nearby Morthal. She and the clan she was with were well known throughout Skyrim but she was granted a pardon by the High King of the time as thanks for her heroic deed on the condition that she end her life as a bandit. Considering what she had just been through, Elspeth had no trouble accepting and decided to settle in quiet Morthal and rekindle her love of the Divines. The gods she had been taught to revere as a girl and had selfishly cast aside during her maiden years. She found a husband, a priest of Stendarr, and together they started a family.

Elspeth bore three beautiful daughters and was looking forward to sitting back and enjoying her matronly years with her family. For years she did but on her oldest daughter Lassa's 20th birthday, disaster struck. Lassa had taken a shine to a boy named Istvan several months back. There was no boy more handsome, more charismatic or more polite in all of Morthal. He showered Lassa with gifts and was enamored by even her most mundane qualities. She was deeply in love with him and for her 20th birthday he promised her the grandest birthday party a girl could ask for. Preparations began weeks in advance, the entire town was abuzz, the entire inn was rented out just for the party. There were even rumors that Istvan was going to ask Lassa to marry him. The party came and everyone was invited and it was just as wonderful as everyone expected and more. Lassa was the happiest girl in Skyrim and her sisters, far from being jealous, looked forward to their own birthdays, for Istvan had many friends. All just as handsome and wealthy as he and there were many who were interested in Elspeth's girls.

That night, as everyone slept peacefully, Istvan and his friends revealed their true nature. They were vampires from a nearby coven, the same that would be destroyed by the Dragonborn years later but much more powerful at the present time. Lassa and her sisters Yvette and Ria were raped and fed upon by the vampires. The screams from the inn were all the warning Elspeth and her husband got. She rushed to it as fast as she could, donning armor and weapons she hadn't used in years, but she was too slow. It was too late. All three of her daughters were carried off by these monsters and taken to their coven in the wilderness. Over the next few hours Imperial Soldiers, Vigilants of Stendarr and any able bodied men were assembled and Elspeth led them into the vampire lair with the fury only a mother could feel.

Casualties were heavy and her husband was lost in the assault but Elspeth's blade pierced Istvaan's black heart. Even so he had the last laugh. Elspeth's daughters were infected with vampirism and were slowly turning. She could not bear to kill her daughters and could provide precious little comfort over the next three days. The disease worked its way into each of them and drove them mad with pain. They all wished for death and their mother wasn't strong enough to give it to them. When they finally turned and had their first taste of blood in the form of a cow, Elspeth felt as if her daughters were already dead. As a priestess she could not keep them with her and she could not kill her own daughters so she looked for another option. Any other option.

The Count of Skingrad in Cyrodiil heard of her situation and summoned the lot of them down south. Elspeth was shocked to find that the Count was also a vampire but was beyond relief when he offered to take her daughters in. They would live here, isolated but safe and comfortable, where all their needs were met. After a long discussion and many tears Yvette and Ria accepted but Lassa did not. She proclaimed that she was free at last from rules and her mother's strict ways and ran off to explore her new powers. Elspeth's heart was broken because she knew exactly what path her daughter was headed down. The next day she traveled to the Imperial City and became an Inquisitor of Stendarr. That was over one hundred years ago and mother and daughter have grown as apart as could be possible. Elspeth a paragon of discipline and pitiless justice, determined to rid the world of evil at any cost. Lassa a hedonist and murderer, traveling all over Tamriel in search of vice, pleasure and victims to ensnare and then kill in the most ecstatic of ways. Elspeth has not seen her other daughters since then and has given up everything except what she needs to complete her mission. She owns nothing but her armor, weapons and purpose. She has completely embraced the role of an Inquisitor. She has become a holy warrior immune to all vice and fear. Her life has real meaning for the first time ever and she can never truly repay Stendarr for such a gift. But Lassa is still out there somewhere and Elspeth knows that the killing will never stop until her own daughter is dead and buried.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts