Beyond a Bothersome Neck Seam

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
This is the first time I have encountered such a problem with my characters. I know we're all familiar with the pestering neck seam that can spring up when face and body textures get changed, but this is something entirely new to me. Not only is there a clearly visible gap in the back, but from the front there is an overlapping "flap" that almost looks like he's wearing a mask of some sort. I've only ever seen it on this custom NPC of mine and no others. The usual high collared clothing, or wearing an amulet doesn't seem to cover it up, either. I was afraid changing his height in the Creation Kit is what caused the problem, but I shrunk him back down to the Bosmer base height and it was still present.

ScreenShot104-1.png

ScreenShot1141.jpg

The only custom items on him are his hair (which has never caused any problems with either NPCs or PCs), and his body texture which is present on all male NPCs in-game and none of them have this issue. I'm at the end of my list for probable causes here, does anyone have an idea?

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Strange, honestly I have no clue what would cause this, have you tried reverting his weight back to the default setting?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Yes, I've tried taking his height and weight back down to the base settings for Bosmer males, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Wierd, did you do anything specific before this happened?

EDIT: Maybe have a look at this?

Quoted from this page: Creation Kit: Neck Seam Gap : V - Skyrim

" If you change the weight of an actor in the CK after you have met them in game, you have to do a setnpcweight on them to fix the air gap, because they are recorded in the save game with the original weight. Also, you need to export their facegen data from the CK because altering the weight also changes their head mesh a bit around the neck, and the facetint texture no longer 'fits'. "

Considering you've reverted their weight back to the original, this might be irrelevant, but it could be worth trying.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Thanks I'll give it a look. To answer your original question, no, I didn't do anything different or special with him that I haven't done with any of my other NPCs and they have never given me trouble like this. I always make sure to export the facegen data of any NPC I've edited before closing the CK, so I don't think that's the problem considering all of his other textures show up just fine. Though, I did change his weight AFTER using him in-game for the first time, so that might be it. Thanks for that! I'll give it a try.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
No problem :). I'm glad I could be helpful, I'm kind of a fail when it comes to helping other people sometimes, lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts