• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Here is a letter I will write to Bethesda if this gets enough love:

Dear Bethesda,
I am writing to you currently about the Hearthfire DLC. This is not a letter of complaint, simply an idea. So here goes; Y U NO MAKE IT SO I CAN GIVE MY SON A BOW?!

Lots of love,
TheHrdee (Kiss kiss)

Please tell me you all would like this too?

sticky runes

Yes, so your child can take out that stupid mage who keeps spawning at the alter behind Lakeview manor!

I'd like to instruct my daughters in the magic arts so they can place runes around my property to keep out bandits.

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Brilliant idea good sir!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I would have loved if the house could have different architectural influences, you know like Dwarven, or Cyrodilic. Hell I would have accepted different exteriors at least give me a stone house, they just look so...bland.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Here is a letter I will write to Bethesda if this gets enough love:

Dear Bethesda,
I am writing to you currently about the Hearthfire DLC. This is not a letter of complaint, simply an idea. So here goes; Y U NO MAKE IT SO I CAN GIVE MY SON A BOW?!

Lots of love,
TheHrdee (Kiss kiss)

Please tell me you all would like this too?

If Arya and Bran can use a bow, then why can't my kid use one?!

/GameOfThronesReference

Delusional

I would have loved if the house could have different architectural influences, you know like Dwarven, or Cyrodilic. Hell I would have accepted different exteriors at least give me a stone house, they just look so...bland.

Wholeheartedly agree. I would love to be able to build my own Dwemer-inspired home. The home you can purchase in Markarth was a step, but a Hearthfire home that was Dwemer... ahh...

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Why not a home for every hold? That'd be nice bethesda

Delusional

Why not a home for every hold? That'd be nice bethesda

There is.

The normal homes in markarth, whiterun, solitude, riften and windhelm, then the hearthfire homes in falkreath, the pale, and hjaalmarch, and the arch mages quarters in winterhold.

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
There is.

The normal homes in markarth, whiterun, solitude, riften and windhelm, then the hearthfire homes in falkreath, the pale, and hjaalmarch, and the arch mages quarters in winterhold.
I meant a hearthfire home, Like one you can build and buy land for in each hold and not just 3

Delusional

I meant a hearthfire home, Like one you can build and buy land for in each hold and not just 3

Well I believe th reason for the Hearthfire homes being where they are is because there weren't already houses in those holds. The goal, I think, was to have a house in every hold. And personally I think a Hearthfire home in every hold is a little much. The three we already have offer quite the diverse landscapes, and it makes sense that you can't just get a plot anywhere.

sticky runes

I think a Gothic style vampire house would have been nice too. With Gargoyles and sh!t.

Delusional

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
There is.

Yep, I agree, too many ! I always said that only one house like a Palace would have been enough .... ;)

Delusional

Yep, I agree, too many ! I always said that only one house like a Palace would have been enough .... ;)

Yes, but I suppose they wanted to give us options. The option of which hold you want to live in. I think that being able to purchase a house in every hold is a little excess for the average player, but for role-playing, I guess it allows you to live out of any of the holds, which is versatile, and gives more options and uniqueness to each role play.

sticky runes

We can't move family into the Arch mage's quarters though, can we? I think a homestead near Winterhold would be a good idea. Or even if we were able to contribute toward rebuilding the town, and then setting up a new house for ourselves would be nice. But Bethesda aren't doing any more Skyrim DLCs, so...

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I agree with above comments, I wish you were able to choose an architecture design of your own to build. The Dwemer home in Markarth is okay, but feels so cluttered and unnatural. I would want a house much like a Dwemer ruin, maybe with a tower that goes underground to the house.

Gothic style, like Castle Volkihar, would be epic. The house would look like a gigantic Gothic chapel :p

I would love to build a Cyrodilic house too. Personally, I always loved the architecture of Skingrad and Cheydinhal in Oblivion, I'd love to build a house like that :)

Mjaydakid

My SO asked me a weird question that forced me to think about what I like about this game. She ask me what kind of game it was. This is a role-playing game, not a The Sims. The hovels I build are and will be totally utilitarian. I really don't haul a load of loot across Tamriel to find a place to hoard it. Having a place nearby anywhere is perfect.
I wish we could have (or build) a portal in each house to transport from one house to the another. Something to think about you modders.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I didn't expect much, was like a five dollar download content. Doesn't replace my castle stronghold in the Colovian Highlands, but it'll do.

John Li

i would like to not build a house but an entire hold and be the jarl of it also i would like to be high king

Hermaeus Mora

Kids in Skyrim can randomly equip items.

I was bored one day and I killed everyone in Whiterun and a kid equiped a iron dagger and a hunting bow.

It happens alot for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts