"Bethesda will make 'considerably more noise' in 2013"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aniratak

http://www.gamespot.com/news/bethes...-noise-in-2013-6406693?tag=nl.e607&s_cid=e607

Sooo excited! What does this mean?? More DLC's for Skyrim? New Fallout? Or... The next TES? That would just be TO CRAZY to even comprehend! It cant be so? Even though that would be totaly awesome, my heart tells me that it might be Fallout 4 they are talking about.

From the article (Pete Hines quote):
"Obviously The Elder Scrolls Online is out, and we've got the Dishonored DLC," said Hines, "but we will be announcing new stuff and making some noise, and I think when we get the chance to show you guys what we're up to, that you'll sit up and take notice."

Hines said Bethesda was working with "passionate teams who know what they're doing," but would not go into details

Stone

Retired Moderator
I expect a couple more DLC's for Skyrim this year, and possibly the new fallout either late-2013 or early-2014. The next TES won't come for a few more years yet.

Aniratak

I expect a couple more DLC's for Skyrim this year, and possibly the new fallout either late-2013 or early-2014. The next TES won't come for a few more years yet.

Either way it's great news! I'd love to hear Bethesda make more noise =)

JayW

http://www.oxm.co.uk/52038/the-oxm-...layer-bug-jars-and-the-future-of-sci-fantasy/

I just listened to the podcast they took the excerpts from. Its quite long but I found it really interesting.

I really like Bethesda's approach to DLC. It sounds like they take real care in releasing their DLC and don't hold anything back. While other companies prepare games with the intention of keeping back some material, Bethesda sound like they release what they can, see what people think about it and how they can improve on it and then go to work on the next piece.

As a single player gamer I am also especially happy they don't want to tack on multiplayer just for the sake of it. I will probably give ESO a pass just because MMOs don't appeal to me but I take comfort that they don't plan on forgetting the style of games that have made them so popular. They also have a refreshing approach to sticking with what works and building on their strengths.

I hope some of the noise they are planning to make has a distinctly Skyrim ring to it. I imagine Fallout can't be far off on the horizon but ther dragonborn still has some tales to tell.

Aniratak

Thank you for the link! I really love single player games as well. I will not purchase ESO, and I've been a bit worried that MMO's was the next step for all of Bethesda's titles. I'm glad to know that's not going to happen any time soon. Looking forward to hearing more details from them! I will be watching their website carefully=)

JayW

No probs, thanks for posting the news. I can't be the only one who feels like they've squeezed everything they can out of Skyrim and the DLCs. At least now they've solved the problems for PS3 they can get back to making new content. I respect Pete Hines self restraint in not playing the DLC until every platform was able to enjoy the experience.

There's a bit in the middle where he talks about Todd Howard's DICE speech and the Gamejam video. I laughed when he talked about how he had had concerns that fans would treat it like a checklist for upcoming DLC. I must have read half a dozen articles about what has and hasn't turned up so far. I have to admit I'm still waiting for a Skeleton butler.

His explanation of why dragon riding doesn't work also made a lot of sense. I was bummed out when I first rode a dragon and found it so restrictive. I suppose they had to try and get it to work (even if the results were a bit rubbish). Hopefully they'll factor vehicles / riding beasts into future games from the beginning, it'll be a joy to soar over Tamriel in a couple of years time.

Aniratak

No probs, thanks for posting the news. I can't be the only one who feels like they've squeezed everything they can out of Skyrim and the DLCs. At least now they've solved the problems for PS3 they can get back to making new content. I respect Pete Hines self restraint in not playing the DLC until every platform was able to enjoy the experience.

There's a bit in the middle where he talks about Todd Howard's DICE speech and the Gamejam video. I laughed when he talked about how he had had concerns that fans would treat it like a checklist for upcoming DLC. I must have read half a dozen articles about what has and hasn't turned up so far. I have to admit I'm still waiting for a Skeleton butler.

His explanation of why dragon riding doesn't work also made a lot of sense. I was bummed out when I first rode a dragon and found it so restrictive. I suppose they had to try and get it to work (even if the results were a bit rubbish). Hopefully they'll factor vehicles / riding beasts into future games from the beginning, it'll be a joy to soar over Tamriel in a couple of years time.

Skeleton butler? Haha.

You hear people talk alot about being dissatisfied with the DLC's and so on.. But what other game does this as well as Bethesda does? It's like we forget sometimes how much more this game offer then any other game. Most games you are done with in a few weeks, even days. I believe alot of companies look at Bethesda and wish they could do the same. I've seen several interviews with other game-creators in the same genre talking about how they've learned from Skyrim when it comes to creating games in the future. They say they can't go back making the same linear story with strick rules on what to do and where to go. There is so much more to earn from people playing the game longer.

Aniratak

Have to add something here: Bethesda Game studios are hiring alot of people these days it seems.. A few of the jobs listed at their website is " Quest designer", "Senior World Designer" and "Level designer". One of the requirements is "Experience with The Elder Scrolls Construction Set or GECK a plus"

How cool is that?

JayW

I took to watching videos from youtube while wandering Skyrim. I've spent enough time wandering the map for it not to spoil the immersion. There are quite a few really good videos online. The Making of Skyrim / Oblivion .... give a really good sense of what they are trying to achieve and how they go about their work. All those really small details that you wouldn't notice unless you went looking for them (ants, the constellations, the map design...) come out. It's funny watching the development of Bethesda - if you watch the videos in order it's like watching Willy Wonka's chocolate factory growing from a small kitchen.

I can't imagine anyone who plays TES or Fallout wouldn't love to work for them. There are a couple of the interviews back from when they were promoting Dawnguard where Todd Howard talks about what they look for in candidates. I think they treat Steam mods as a sort of resume. Kind of makes me wish I was more of a PC player and knew how to design stuff.... but anyone interested should definitely give it a go.

BTW the Skeleton Butler was real ... I think they transformed him into the Dremora Butler from the Black book quest. Does anyone know if they released the Dragonette version of Hello (the song from the Game Jam)?

Aniratak

I took to watching videos from youtube while wandering Skyrim. I've spent enough time wandering the map for it not to spoil the immersion. There are quite a few really good videos online. The Making of Skyrim / Oblivion .... give a really good sense of what they are trying to achieve and how they go about their work. All those really small details that you wouldn't notice unless you went looking for them (ants, the constellations, the map design...) come out. It's funny watching the development of Bethesda - if you watch the videos in order it's like watching Willy Wonka's chocolate factory growing from a small kitchen.

I can't imagine anyone who plays TES or Fallout wouldn't love to work for them. There are a couple of the interviews back from when they were promoting Dawnguard where Todd Howard talks about what they look for in candidates. I think they treat Steam mods as a sort of resume. Kind of makes me wish I was more of a PC player and knew how to design stuff.... but anyone interested should definitely give it a go.

BTW the Skeleton Butler was real ... I think they transformed him into the Dremora Butler from the Black book quest. Does anyone know if they released the Dragonette version of Hello (the song from the Game Jam)?

I thought it was cool that they were hireing, cos when I saw the requirements it looked like they needed more people to work on an Elder Scrolls game. And I don't think they necessarily are looking for people to make Skyrim DLC's if you know what I mean.

JayW

I thought it was cool that they were hireing, cos when I saw the requirements it looked like they needed more people to work on an Elder Scrolls game. And I don't think they necessarily are looking for people to make Skyrim DLC's if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a new game anytime soon. I think they have a contract with Microsoft to produce at least one more (30 days) exclusive DLC (which is something to look forward to at least). The development process for a TES game is at least 3 years and they tend to swap between their different IPs between games. The gap between TES IV and TES V was five(+) years. With ESO coming out next I figure we will be well into the next generation of consoles before they release the next true sequel (ESO is more of a branch away title than a sequel).

They might try and produce a standalone extended DLC to fill in the gap. DLC is limited by the framework created for the original game. Skyrim is looking a bit dated these days and a lot of the programming has gotten in the way of the ideas they've had for DLC. I think the best we could hope for is a Fallout New Vegas style follow up to Skyrim (which recycled a lot of Fallout 3). I'd be very surprised if they didn't prioritise the next Fallout game over the Elderscrolls though (Fallout 3 was released more than 4 years ago and GECK is the creation tool for Fallout). It would be nice if the gap between games was shorter (TES withdrawal symptoms / Skooma shakes) but its the only way they manage to keep the quality so high, better a good game than a rushed one.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Fallout 4 has already been announced has it not?
I believe mike had a picture of it hanging up in his game store but I could've been mistaking a Fallout 3 picture.
Either way,

Don't make noise Bethesda. Make music.

Two Bears

Fallout 4 will probably be announced in a big reveal at E3 in June and likely be released by 4th quarter 2014. It's how Bethesda tends to operate.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
i wish there would be one more dlc for skyrim, perhaps a dlc dwemer related but doubt it...there was talk of one possibly being called redguard but i doubt it
Let me tell you something. The Dwemer will never come back. They are gone for eternity and never returning. And Redguard was cancelled for what I heard. They already said it's time for them to move on.

sticky runes

There are still so many bugs on skyrim they have not fixed, though. :sadface: I still really want a quest deletion option. Not bothered about new DLCs because there are still lots of things I haven't done, but I still want more bug fixes.

ShadowHunter

There are still so many bugs on skyrim they have not fixed, though. :sadface: I still really want a quest deletion option. Not bothered about new DLCs because there are still lots of things I haven't done, but I still want more bug fixes.
Yeah I would delete "Paarthurnax", I will NEVER kill him

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts