Bethesda reveals some secrets about whats up next

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metas

Redguard Battlemage

Todd Howard, game director at Bethesda Game Studios, gave the opening keynote at the 2012 DICE Summit this evening. Among his slides, he included a number of videos, one of which showed off what the developers refer to internally as the “Skyrim Game Jam.”
After the development of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim wrapped last year, the team was given a single week to throw whatever they wanted inside and mess around. The experiments ranged from humorous to “OMG why the F wasn’t that in the game?!” so it’s definitely worth a look.
Players have been requesting a dragon mount since before the game came out, and that (along with any other features seen in this video) may eventually become a reality, as Howard stated they all have the possibility of being released as paid downloadable content or in free updates.
A list of the internal mods:
  • Seasonal foliage
  • Flow-based water
  • New weapon: spears
  • Kill cams for magic and ranged combat
  • New stealth options like water arrows and assassin view
  • Guards can relight dark areas
  • Paralysis traps
  • Hanging structures and platforms in dungeons
  • Water current in dungeons
  • Dark dungeons
  • New companion options and customization
  • Build your own home
  • Adoption
  • Combine magic to create new spells
  • Goblins
  • Way Gate fast-travel
  • New unique mounts
  • Mounted combat
  • Dragon mounts
  • Soul Bug familiar
  • Kinect-enabled shouts
  • Footprints in snow
  • Better animations for fabrics
  • Ice and fire arrows
  • Werebear
  • Lycanthropy (werewolf) skill tree
  • Become a flying Vampire Lord
  • Vampire imp minions
  • New Mudcrab animations (?)
  • Giant Mudcrab enemy (!)

redrkt

Premium Member
IF you had listened to the beginning of the clip you would have heard him say that this was an exercise to see what kind of things they could come up with if allowed an open window. NOT what is going to be coming up in updates or any DLC (although some of it could come up in DLC). AND there is already a thread for this.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Your right none of those ideas could ever be put into the game, and even though i listened, pretty sure if they were plopsty ideas bethesda wouldnt endorse these ideas with their name. And even though theres another thread already put up about it i gotta be the only person to ever make another thread about something thats already been brought up. seeing as how i dont get on here everyday hard for me to see whats been posted and what hasnt

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Ohh totally agree. ive always wondered what happened to them, maybe they will have a mod to create a dwarf? only dreaming

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Ohh totally agree. ive always wondered what happened to them, maybe they will have a mod to create a dwarf? only dreaming

It would be cool if they made n addition with a "Dwemer" quest line. Something like.... They've all vanished, but only one clan survives in hiding and you must find them. Then make some "radiant" quests by joining them them to bring the race openly back into Tamriel. That would be pretty nifty.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Giant questline would be great. All they really do is camp out with some Mammoths. Maybe a giant war. Cool title would be...."A Giant Pain".

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
two words.... mammoth mount

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Harpies that fly out of the sky, behind ya, use their feet to grab your shoulders and fly ya up and drop ya, YEAH BABY!

Yeah, and you have to shoot 'em outta the sky with a bow. Or like "Vampirism" you get "Harpyism" where you turn into one and can fly, grab others outta the sky & drop 'em.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Gloves of the Skyrim Deer - +20 Looking Cutesy / Fortify Grazing

Shapeshifting magic within the alteration school would be cool, so you could take the form of various animalsin order to hide or have certain abilities.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
the ability of reproduction is actually up there with me. only because i loved the feature in the fable games. i think the ability to keep the dragonborn blood-line going would be amazing.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
the ability of reproduction is actually up there with me. only because i loved the feature in the fable games. i think the ability to keep the dragonborn blood-line going would be amazing.

That's all well and good. But I'm an Ork, and butt fugly at that. The only way I'll land a girl is to hit her with my war axes first.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
but who doesnt like a good old fashioned ork axe to the face right before coitus... seriously these are the golden times...live it up

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
^ Lolz!

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I think I just nutted on myself guise.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts