• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dragonman7209

how do you reset a perk. i have a couple that i would like to reset to legendary but don't get an option. do you have to talk to someone to get them to do it or what?

PReaper728

how do you reset a perk. i have a couple that i would like to reset to legendary but don't get an option. do you have to talk to someone to get them to do it or what?
When It's at 100 where your skill points will be there is an option to legendary the skill setting it back to 15 and giving your perks back

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura

Get the skill to 100 then in the skill tree menu there will be a bar at the top that says legendary and a button you press to activate it. It'll ask to confirm it with you and when you accept the skill will get a token reset to 15 and if any perks are on the tree you'll get them back to spend somewhere else.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So I like all the fixes. But I am a bit pissed off at not having the Riverwood Trader having 10k in gold any more. That was the only glitchy thing I utilised. I am playing two skyrims (the second one I got with my new Xbox), haven't checked with the older game yet but when I invested with him in the new game after the update he only has a bit over a grand. :mad:

1/3 of Hearthfire is unavailable to many due to this bug:
If Siddgeir's Housecarl, Helvard, is dead before purchasing the house, this action will "cancel" out the chance to buy the deed from him or Nenya, even if the Dragonborn is Thane.

Many can't finish the thieve's guild quest because of this bug:
Before leaving the sanctuary, be sure to talk to Karliah or both she and Brynjolf may become stuck underwater. At this point you will not be able to talk to her, essentially breaking the quest.

You would think these would have been addressed. Those are two I was hoping to be in the update. Why fix a courier wearing only a hat when those two are still issues?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Dang it! I played my old game today and the Riverwood Trader's gold has been "fixed" by the update.. GGRR!
I can see the use of the Legendary perk reset. I reset enchanting (which I don't need any more seeing I have awesome armour and weapons), to add the perks to my destruction and archery trees. I may even reset my smithing tree to add to them as well. Not to mention smithing is a good way to level up quickly if you are finding it hard once you have finished all of the main quests.

tonj

Master of Distraction
So I like all the fixes. But I am a bit pissed off at not having the Riverwood Trader having 10k in gold any more. That was the only glitchy thing I utilised. I am playing two skyrims (the second one I got with my new Xbox), haven't checked with the older game yet but when I invested with him in the new game after the update he only has a bit over a grand. :mad:

I've found the "Black Market" ability you can get from the Hermaeus Mora Black Book, Untold Legends to be very useful. He carries 2k gold which seems to respawn much faster than regular merchants. Plus you can summon him anywhere, without a cooldown. If he runs out of gold and I still have more to sell I simply buy one of his Daedra pieces which I can sell later. I've seen several posts stating that he will not buy stolen goods, however he buys them from me. It could be because I have the Investor perk in the Speech tree, yet it doesn't really apply to him as I have not invested in him as a merchant. Hope that helps.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I've found the "Black Market" ability you can get from the Hermaeus Mora Black Book, Untold Legends to be very useful. He carries 2k gold which seems to respawn much faster than regular merchants. Plus you can summon him anywhere, without a cooldown. If he runs out of gold and I still have more to sell I simply buy one of his Daedra pieces which I can sell later. I've seen several posts stating that he will not buy stolen goods, however he buys them from me. It could be because I have the Investor perk in the Speech tree, yet it doesn't really apply to him as I have not invested in him as a merchant. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I will keep a look out for him. If you go one step further in the speech tree to "Fence", then everyone will buy your stolen goods :)

PReaper728

With the update they fixed the black brair meadery speech exploit

With the update they fixed the black brair meadery speech exploit
That was the only exploit I used. That was the one skill perk that didn't make sense to me so I didn't feel like I was cheating.

PReaper728

That was the only exploit I used. That was the one skill perk that didn't make sense to me so I didn't feel like I was cheating.
Same here mate I went to go do it today and I was all disappointed when I couldn'

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
So I used the Restoration point exploit to make a couple potions that are so broken I can make iron daggers and when I temper them they shoot my Smithing to 100 with one or two button presses. I am now at LV 132 with my main male character. All of the Warrior trees are fully unlocked along with Light Armor, Speech, Alchemy, Enchanting and Alteration (nothing better than being an makeshift atronach I'd say).

Also it seems that if you add a big enough smithing or alchemy bonus when you go to make and temper items the rating and/or price worth actually goes down.

PReaper728

So I used the Restoration point exploit to make a couple potions that are so broken I can make iron daggers and when I temper them they shoot my Smithing to 100 with one or two button presses. I am now at LV 132 with my main male character. All of the Warrior trees are fully unlocked along with Light Armor, Speech, Alchemy, Enchanting and Alteration (nothing better than being an makeshift atronach I'd say).

Also it seems that if you add a big enough smithing or alchemy bonus when you go to make and temper items the rating and/or price worth actually goes down.
I'm pretty sure that exploit was fixed in
previous update

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts