• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I've heard that once you marry Lydia, she turns into a shrew, but I can't say from experience.
Been married to her for a while now, and haven't noticed anything shrewish. She's pretty sweet as a spouse. Worst I can think of is the "sworn to carry your burdens" line, but I hear that's been changed (wouldn't know for sure- I changed it with a mod a long time ago).

Aphiliam

The Lioness
The first time around I married Ysolda because I have a thing for red heads. She was a good wife for the most part, after the burning of Whiterun I didn't see her for a while and [n00bishly] thought she'd been killed in the attack. I went on a murdering rampage for a while and then she showed back up at my house with a purseful of gold and a sheepish expression.

Everything was perfect for a while, then Nazeem started coming over to my house late at night when I wasn't around. Seriously, I'd get home at four in the morning and he'd be in there with her. I figured she was a cheated whore and it tore me up inside... it took until my next play through to realize she was also a drug peddler.

I think she knows. In my second play through she kept flirting with me, but I had settled down and married Lydia so I rejected her advances.

Then in my latest play through I married Mjoll because her accent is just so cute. That guy who followers her around gives me the heebie jeebies, though.

I'm waiting for the new expansion, eagerly, but I don't know if I should wait and do a new play through then, or play through on my main account first [I've heard the difficulty might be higher on there? I'm afraid of a Shivering Isles type deal if I try to re-start.]

I REALLY wanted to marry Karliah. Like, so bad. She was the lady of my heart, but unfortunately she's not an option for me on the xbox. Then with the release of Dawnguard I set my sights on that little vampire lady, but she didn't want anything to do with me either. -Sigh-

The life of the Dragonborn is not all shouts and games of hide and seek with the children...

Alice

Whatever you do, don't marry the blacksmith in Riften, I brought him fire salts, he brought me his heart.

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Once again, my friends, I chose Hilde! Her perfect body is GREAT. She is a beastly tank in combat, and she can't die. Check her out. Tell me this is perfect!

250px-Hilde.png
<HAWT!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
My new and favorite character just married Camille from the Riverwood Trader because I liked her long hair. She never levels past 4 and sleeps a lot but has a sweet disposition.

I lured Sven and that elf suitors of hers off into the wilds and butchered them before pursuing her, as a friend told me if I didn't, one or both of them would be all stalker and start hanging around my house when I was away.

That and I just like killing people.

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
Everything was perfect for a while, then Nazeem started coming over to my house late at night when I wasn't around. Seriously, I'd get home at four in the morning and he'd be in there with her. I figured she was a cheated whore and it tore me up inside... it took until my next play through to realize she was also a drug peddler.

Wow. That's a far darker picture of Ysolda then I ever would have imagined. She seems so nice whenever I pass by her in the market...

Wildroses

Been married to her for a while now, and haven't noticed anything shrewish. She's pretty sweet as a spouse. Worst I can think of is the "sworn to carry your burdens" line, but I hear that's been changed (wouldn't know for sure- I changed it with a mod a long time ago).

I just started a new character and got Lydia. I can confirm she still occasionally says "I am swoooorn, to carry your BURdens (sigh)". Hardly ever though. She has two other bland, servile lines about how she is at my command or something. I'm not sure if she is meant to say it or if I am bugged. World's most harmless bug if so.

I miss sarcastic Lydia. I like my followers to have a bit of spirit and punish me a little for using them as meatshields and packmules. It raises my respect and lowers my contempt. "I'm making you carry the bones and scales of eight dragons plus all the cheese in Whiterun, andforcing you to go charging into combat taking all the hits meant for me, and you are slavishly obeying my every command as if I'm Talos himself? Do you have no self-respect?"
"I am at your command. You lead, I'll follow."
"I guess not. I'm getting sick of carrying these books I'll never read everywhere. You take them."

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
^Exactly, I preferred Lydia with a bit of a sarcastic streak. My biggest issue with the original line was that it took a bit longer than I'd like for the menu to pop up. I later installed a mod to make her say a friendly "Let's see it," which I roleplay as her having developed more of a friendship (and later marriage) with her thane.

Aphiliam

The Lioness
Wow. That's a far darker picture of Ysolda then I ever would have imagined. She seems so nice whenever I pass by her in the market...

I thought so originally as well.

It was also awkward when I had married her already and then started "A Night to Remember" and she was talking about rings, fiancees and owing her money.

I was like, "Honey, do you have amnesia?"

That IS kind of the developers fault and not hers I guess.

Vinven

My wife required a little work, but was well worth it. On my Breton mage, I married Vivienne Onis, from Angeline's Aromatics. She's quite cute, and flirted with me often as I made potions. After I married her, her aunt passed away, leaving Vivienne as the store owner. So now my home is a nice large house filled with alchemy ingredients, and my wife sells alchemy ingredients and I get a cut of it. Plus she is just such a lovable character with some unique lines...just don't ever ask her to cook for you.

Given the rejection I got from Sapphire the first dozen times I saw her, I have a strange attraction to her, but do not know if she's an option. She also seems quite damaged. Might be something else too.
The one who cares the least in a relationship holds the most power.

T0MMY

muiri is probably the most attractive one, but she keeps saying thanks for solving her problem too much

Joe446

Sonny A Ham
In SR I married Mjoll and I gave her armor and she's a fairly decent hunting buddy and a good looking wife so it doesn't matter to me I got to level 62 and in SR I built lakeview manor with Jzara and Samuel and it's one of the most beautiful properties in skyrim especially with the lake I've been hunting lots of deer and elk i'm also thane of just about every hold in skyrim

Joe446

Sonny A Ham
oh and in Lakeview Manor Mjoll seems to randomly take her clothes off what the frick is that all about ?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Since this thread was resurrected and after reading all the posts, it occurs to me just how many people once lived the Skyrim life that have moved on, not looking back. With few exceptions, I recognize none of these posters. But welcome, Joe the 446th! Now, my input on the topic:

I still believe that Sylgja is the most attractive female candidate for wifehood. The most useful would depend on playstyle; for me it would probably be Mjoll, since she's invincible. I'll not that I've never married Mjoll. Maybe some day. Too bad there's not a 'destroy the Thieves Guild' mission. :beermug:

Reactions: Sah

Joe446

Sonny A Ham
Since this thread was resurrected and after reading all the posts, it occurs to me just how many people once lived the Skyrim life that have moved on, not looking back. With few exceptions, I recognize none of these posters. But welcome, Joe the 446th! Now, my input on the topic:

I still believe that Sylgja is the most attractive female candidate for wifehood. The most useful would depend on playstyle; for me it would probably be Mjoll, since she's invincible. I'll not that I've never married Mjoll. Maybe some day. Too bad there's not a 'destroy the Thieves Guild' mission. :beermug:
thanks for the welcome

Joe446

Sonny A Ham
I reloaded a save game file and decided to marry Aela instead even though she doesn't like Lakeview Manor I think she's hot and I changed my character to female and I am a damn good archer in the game and it seems that almost ever spouse you marry they go in their birthday suit #nudistwife on the loose around house

Latest posts