Best Weapons and Armor for Assassin?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I've heard that dragonscale armor is the best for light armor wearers, but the video was referring to an archery character, not necessarily a sneak/dagger damage assassin. This guy has two videos saying like the most epic gear in skyrim or something, and he goes through this like half an hour process on how to enchant your stuff and whatnot to make it absolutely insane. Not having the time, patience, or knowledge to understand him, I skimmed through it. Anyway, I've also heard *SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT!* that if you do all the above and beyond parts of quests for the Dark Brotherhood, you'll eventually get a note, yada yada yada, and get some Ancient Shadowshroud? Armor, which isn't as armor wise good as the dragonscale I think, but comes with some really really good enchants for assassins. Anyone know about this?
Also, I have zero clue what the best dagger or daggers would be aswell as the best bow. I've heard Blade of Woe I believe it is and Daedric Bow, but I'm not sure. I also would appreciate what enchants to stick on these and things of that nature to make them better, as well as what to put on the armor. Thanks a ton!
Your friendly noob,
ActOfGod

Verac

I've heard that dragonscale armor is the best for light armor wearers, but the video was referring to an archery character, not necessarily a sneak/dagger damage assassin. This guy has two videos saying like the most epic gear in skyrim or something, and he goes through this like half an hour process on how to enchant your stuff and whatnot to make it absolutely insane. Not having the time, patience, or knowledge to understand him, I skimmed through it. Anyway, I've also heard *SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT!* that if you do all the above and beyond parts of quests for the Dark Brotherhood, you'll eventually get a note, yada yada yada, and get some Ancient Shadowshroud? Armor, which isn't as armor wise good as the dragonscale I think, but comes with some really really good enchants for assassins. Anyone know about this?
Also, I have zero clue what the best dagger or daggers would be aswell as the best bow. I've heard Blade of Woe I believe it is and Daedric Bow, but I'm not sure. I also would appreciate what enchants to stick on these and things of that nature to make them better, as well as what to put on the armor. Thanks a ton!
Your friendly noob,
ActOfGod
Depends, Shrouded armor is nice, but Nightengale armor is really nice to, but more for direct fighting i myself wear The Dragonpriest mask Krosis((Gives 20% alchemy, bow damage and lock picking)) full nightengale armor minus helmet and wear ancient shrouded gloves for backstab damage, but if i get seen i have both my gloves fav'd so i can quickly switch so i can get the 25% one handed weapon damage. as for daggers and bows no unique bows worth mentioning, but mehrunes razor and blade of woe are the best artifacts, id go with the razor if you Specialize in heavy armor making((so you can get the ebony smithing perk to maximize its damage)) otherwise it will always be downgraded also as an assassin you dont want just armor, you want stats, so just upgrade the armors ive labeled. hope i helped.

SanSalvador15

I don't know if this is a glitch in my game or something, but when I put on the ancient cowl, I can also wear something else on my head. Currently I have the ancient cowl (+30% bow damage) and a jester hat (+25% or 30% sneak I believe).

Verac

I don't know if this is a glitch in my game or something, but when I put on the ancient cowl, I can also wear something else on my head. Currently I have the ancient cowl (+30% bow damage) and a jester hat (+25% or 30% sneak I believe).
its a glitch, also the ancient cowl is suppose to have a mask, but dousnt. another glitch

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
Alright thanks a ton guys. This actually helped me a lot.

Swordsmansmith

? If im upgrading weapons /armor can I stack multiple black smith potions? Instead if just 1 that's 30% better smithing drink like 3to to make it 90% ?

Verac

? If im upgrading weapons /armor can I stack multiple black smith potions? Instead if just 1 that's 30% better smithing drink like 3to to make it 90% ?
I believe your blacksmithing only goes so high with enchants/potions i have silverblood ring-15% smithing and upgrading a necklace of major smithing same stats, and i tested that with some gloves with again, the same stats but the weapon upgrade came out the same with or without the glove. but no you cant stack potions but they stack with gear to a certain point

Eric Badders

Unholy Mind
I have Nightengale armor with the Krosis mask and an ebony bow of blizzards (epic) and a Ebony bow of scorching (epic) with ebony arrows and Mehrunes Razor for close up.

Sneak, Archery at 100 with all perks and 1hand at 90 with about 1/2 perks.

I also have all of my armor improved to at least flawless.

SeaDog

Nightingale Armor with Shrouded (Dark Brotherhood) hood. Unless you really want the "Matched set" bonus. Nightingale hood grants 15% cost reduction bonus to Illusion spells. DB Shrouded Hood (if I remember right) does either double damage for backstabs, or 35% damage to bows.

Verac

I still haven't run across the DB.
*SPOILERS* if u want the DB you have to go to an inn ((i reccomend riverrun ask for rumors)) they will tell you about the "aregentino boy)) who lives in windhelm trying to summon the DB i recommend killing the old lady he wants dead first, shes located in riften in the orphanage if u do this, and go to him he will say "WOW YOU DID IT WITHOUT ME EVEN ASKING" eventualy he rewards you...travel to a couple places wait for a messenger to give u a note, read it, it will say "We know" Immidently get a bed in an inn and sleep, you will be kidnapped by the DB and from they're you folow the quest, hope i helped :D

Sinfonianbro07

Does the DB armor scale with your lvl like the nightingale does?

I'm starting a new character and I want to make a B line for the brotherhood now that I finished the first dragon.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!

Dvalin

*******(SPOILER)*********

Yes, the blade of woe scales with your level, but only the enchantment like on all weapons, where damage is determined by your skill in that weapon tree. Its only a siphon life enchant. You can get it early by killing Astrid(DB Leader) and looting it,...which opens the quest 'Destroy Dark Brotherhood', or continue the 'Friends Like These.....' quest in which I'm not going to spoil when you get the Blade of Woe. Either way, enjoy ;)
I recommend going through the entire DB questline, completing all sidequests as its one of the best stories in the game IMO.

Sinfonianbro07

*******(SPOILER)*******

Yes, the blade of woe scales with your level, but only the enchantment like on all weapons, where damage is determined by your skill in that weapon tree. Its only a siphon life enchant. You can get it early by killing Astrid(DB Leader) and looting it,...which opens the quest 'Destroy Dark Brotherhood', or continue the 'Friends Like These.....' quest in which I'm not going to spoil when you get the Blade of Woe. Either way, enjoy ;)
I recommend going through the entire DB questline, completing all sidequests as its one of the best stories in the game IMO.

Thanks! I'm around lvl 8 now so I'll be heading that way now!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts