• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nickyhansard

I have a mod that allows me to thrall any dead person and any amount I want. I was just wondering what you guys thought are the best thralls. My perfect combination would be two long range guys, a guy that dual wields and two magic guys (be great if they use dead thrall but more importantly I want a combination of ice, fire and lightning). I currently have orchender and malkoran.

Adam Warlock

I have both of those mages as Thralls and they are among the best of those types you can normally thrall.
If you can thrall anyone with your mod though , I suppose J `zargo would be the best since he is the only character that naturally scales up to level 81.
Second choice would be a Volkihar Master Vampire who caps at level 53 but has insanely buffed stats .
Both will throw Chain Lightning from a distance if they have enough magicka.
Illia is a superior ice mage who casts Ice Spears with deadly effect. (cap lvl 40)
Illia also will cast Ice Storm but because of it`s magicka cost , I recommend giving her a Staff of Ice Storms for repeated attacks.
Almost all Thralls (including non-mages) will throw fire from range if you give them one or two Staffs of Fireballs to use (and no bow).
Dual-wielding : Forsworn Ravagers or Briarhearts. Make sure the off-hand weapon is a forsworn sword or axe to insure maximum usage.
Long Range Archer : Northwatch Archer or Aela.
No thrall will use the Dead Thrall spell themselves. Some will use Raise Zombie or Revenant (vampires,etc.) but if you want extra players on the field , then give thralls a Summoning staff of Familiars , Atronach, etc.
Thralls absolutely will use Sanguine Rose to conjure a dremora almost every battle.

nickyhansard

I have both of those mages as Thralls and they are among the best of those types you can normally thrall.
If you can thrall anyone with your mod though , I suppose J `zargo would be the best since he is the only character that naturally scales up to level 81.
Second choice would be a Volkihar Master Vampire who caps at level 53 but has insanely buffed stats .
Both will throw Chain Lightning from a distance if they have enough magicka.
Illia is a superior ice mage who casts Ice Spears with deadly effect. (cap lvl 40)
Illia also will cast Ice Storm but because of it`s magicka cost , I recommend giving her a Staff of Ice Storms for repeated attacks.
Almost all Thralls (including non-mages) will throw fire from range if you give them one or two Staffs of Fireballs to use (and no bow).
Dual-wielding : Forsworn Ravagers or Briarhearts. Make sure the off-hand weapon is a forsworn sword or axe to insure maximum usage.
Long Range Archer : Northwatch Archer or Aela.
No thrall will use the Dead Thrall spell themselves. Some will use Raise Zombie or Revenant (vampires,etc.) but if you want extra players on the field , then give thralls a Summoning staff of Familiars , Atronach, etc.
Thralls absolutely will use Sanguine Rose to conjure a dremora almost every battle.

Hey mate thanks for the great reply! Yeh I had a volkihar master vampire. He was pretty epic lol. I might keep him as my magician. I suppose I can just thrall anybody strong and only give them a bow. Will a briarheart try and use magic? I just want them purely as a tank... and I am going to give him a daedric sword with absorb health and another with absorb stamina lol.

Are their any strong named characters who will dual wield? They all seem to use magic.

nickyhansard

I tried using the two deadric swords with the briarheart but he wouldn't do it :sadface: and I don't really want to give him any other kind of weapon either.

Adam Warlock

Many Ravagers will indeed use magic , you have to watch them fight or check their inventory to see if they hold 2 weapons but little success for me after thralling without using forsworn weapons.
Darkeethus the Argonian at Blackwater Crossing will dual-wield but his off-hand weapon is a pick-axe!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Jenassa, the Dunmer Ranger found at the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun will dual wield weapons.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I tried her and she does dual wield but she also insists on using her pl*** bow lol.
Most followers that have archery as a primary skill have the bow problem. (On the PC this is easily fixed using a console command.)

nickyhansard

Most followers that have archery as a primary skill have the bow problem. (On the PC this is easily fixed using a console command.)

I don't use the console. I know it's just as bad as mods but that's just me :D. Any other characters you can think off, that will dual wield? Anybody have a good idea for an archer?

nickyhansard

Any orcs that will dual wield? Any elves that are particularly good at archery? I like creating my own little world in skyrim :) and they fit my image of a tank and an archer. The briarheart would have been an awesome tank. Too bad.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts