1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Best thrall

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by nickyhansard, May 2, 2012.

1. nickyhansard New Member

Message Count:
    I have a mod that allows me to thrall any dead person and any amount I want. I was just wondering what you guys thought are the best thralls. My perfect combination would be two long range guys, a guy that dual wields and two magic guys (be great if they use dead thrall but more importantly I want a combination of ice, fire and lightning). I currently have orchender and malkoran.
  2. Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I have both of those mages as Thralls and they are among the best of those types you can normally thrall.
    If you can thrall anyone with your mod though , I suppose J `zargo would be the best since he is the only character that naturally scales up to level 81.
    Second choice would be a Volkihar Master Vampire who caps at level 53 but has insanely buffed stats .
    Both will throw Chain Lightning from a distance if they have enough magicka.
    Illia is a superior ice mage who casts Ice Spears with deadly effect. (cap lvl 40)
    Illia also will cast Ice Storm but because of it`s magicka cost , I recommend giving her a Staff of Ice Storms for repeated attacks.
    Almost all Thralls (including non-mages) will throw fire from range if you give them one or two Staffs of Fireballs to use (and no bow).
    Dual-wielding : Forsworn Ravagers or Briarhearts. Make sure the off-hand weapon is a forsworn sword or axe to insure maximum usage.
    Long Range Archer : Northwatch Archer or Aela.
    No thrall will use the Dead Thrall spell themselves. Some will use Raise Zombie or Revenant (vampires,etc.) but if you want extra players on the field , then give thralls a Summoning staff of Familiars , Atronach, etc.
    Thralls absolutely will use Sanguine Rose to conjure a dremora almost every battle.
  3. nickyhansard New Member

Message Count:
    Hey mate thanks for the great reply! Yeh I had a volkihar master vampire. He was pretty epic lol. I might keep him as my magician. I suppose I can just thrall anybody strong and only give them a bow. Will a briarheart try and use magic? I just want them purely as a tank... and I am going to give him a daedric sword with absorb health and another with absorb stamina lol.

Are their any strong named characters who will dual wield? They all seem to use magic.
  4. nickyhansard New Member

Message Count:
    I tried using the two deadric swords with the briarheart but he wouldn't do it :sadface: and I don't really want to give him any other kind of weapon either.
  5. Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Many Ravagers will indeed use magic , you have to watch them fight or check their inventory to see if they hold 2 weapons but little success for me after thralling without using forsworn weapons.
    Darkeethus the Argonian at Blackwater Crossing will dual-wield but his off-hand weapon is a pick-axe!
  6. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Jenassa, the Dunmer Ranger found at the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun will dual wield weapons.
    Necromis likes this.
  7. nickyhansard New Member

Message Count:
    I tried her and she does dual wield but she also insists on using her sh** bow lol.
  8. MoulinRouge Member

Message Count:
  9. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Most followers that have archery as a primary skill have the bow problem. (On the PC this is easily fixed using a console command.)
  10. nickyhansard New Member

Message Count:
    I don't use the console. I know it's just as bad as mods but that's just me :D. Any other characters you can think off, that will dual wield? Anybody have a good idea for an archer?
  11. nickyhansard New Member

Message Count:
    Any orcs that will dual wield? Any elves that are particularly good at archery? I like creating my own little world in skyrim :) and they fit my image of a tank and an archer. The briarheart would have been an awesome tank. Too bad.