• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Hey, I'm looking for a place to sell items but everyone I go to has about 750 gold.
But my stuff is worth almost about 1,500 gold for each of them.
Selling it to them would lose 750 gold.
So if anyone can tell me, where is the best place to sell?
I dont have the speech skill increased all the way so that is the reason
why I need a person to sell to that has a lot of money.
Thanks

Hey , well as i could gather trough my gameplay is that this is a set standard. The only one i could find with a higher amount of gold sometimes is Greymane the smith in whiterun. I had dificulty also in getting monies however i what i did was traveling between whiterun and Windhelm selling to specific shop owners this does get your speech up very quickly(And as per what i saw Windhelm has the most general store dealers)(can sell anything to them ) this is a tedious session however as soon you can use perks on speach do, i am now sitting on over 100000 gold and i have no idea what to do with it. Sorry if i could help more im talking out of experience

Chryss

I try to plan my selling with my buying. If i need ingots or arrows i buy what i need then sell what i dont want.

jam

It's worth it to invest in speech even if it's just so you can sell things to any of the merchants. Blacksmiths in general, have the most money, particularly the guy in the Skyforge.

Also, have you finished the Thieves guild questline? At the very end all the fences will have 4000 gold and this gives you one in every major hold with that 4000, not just the one in the ratway.

Jaeger

If you're leveling light armor, the trainer/merchant in Riften. Buy levels, sell your plops, get money back. But don't leave the menu, or it reverts back down.

Ffxij

River wood trader has 10000 if you invest in him. Other than that, you can do the thieves guild upgrades to get your fences up to 4000.

If those aren't an option, you are pretty much out of luck selling high priced items.
If you just have a bunch of low cost stuff to sell do the following...

Pick your vendor of choice-they must be killable
Trade items until they run out of gold
Save game
Kill merchant
Load game
When you reload, the merchant will be stocked up again. This also works if you are looking for specific items (example crafting materials) buy all they have and do this to refresh their inventory without waiting 48 hours.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
When you get further in the game, most vendors (I'm strictly talking blacksmiths here) will have between 1000 and 1300 in gold. Unless you spec into the speech skill, then you will just have to take a loss. Granted, that loss is minimal, as you can just keep crafting and enchanting and then selling. It's not hard to get gold in this game.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Tonilia in the thieves guild. Basically its a person who you can sell your stolen goods to, more become available as you progress through the thieves guild.

Jeff the DragonBorn

Btw what is a fence?
I started the thieves guild quest awhile ago and will be finishing it.
Thanks for your replies

Fence is crime-speak for a person that buys stolen merchandise. If you haven't noticed you can't sell things you steal to the regular merchants. So the fence will buy stolen merchandise from you. At a reduced rate of course. As you progress in the Thieves Guild quests more fences open up to you - especially after you do favors for them ( usually small side quests).

Tanya

I sell most of my stuff to my annoying husband. When he's out of money I just stash the stuff in my house and come back another day and sell it to him.

Jeff the DragonBorn

On this subject - I have over 100k gold. What use does it have? A house in Whiterun that I share with my little plain looking wife Ysolda ( but she loves me so much and gives me money and hot food and lover's warmth when I go to sleep) and a nice hacienda in Soletude but I seldom use it. ( and there is some girl in there just hanging out all the time... Groupies????)

So I have hundreds of items stashed in Breezehome and seldom sell them. When I do want to sell them I usually improve them and it often doubles or triples prices.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Honestly, it just keeps accumulating as you get higher up. If you smith/enchant/use alchemy, then you will have a surplus of goods that you acquired on quests, because you make your own stuff which is better than anything you can find. I had a character with over 160K in gold and literally nothing to spend it on, except for houses.

Blackst0rm

What I did was get the Master level speech perk which gives all venders an extra 1k gold, and since the teachers in the College of Winterhold have a decent amount of gold already I sell everything to them. If you sleep for 48hrs their stock is recovered and you can sell a bunch more stuff to them.

chizzbot

In whiterun, the chick outside the blacksmith has just as much gold as inside. I usually go there, hit both those guys, go to drunken huntsman, go to skyforge, etc. if I'm breezing thru a town I have a house in, I hit the outside vendors only, to save time.

Ironclad

I gave up selling my gems & circlets because no one has any money, and now i have a very heavy drawer fully loaded; if someone burgles me when this goes online (we'll all be raiding each other let's face it haha) you will find a stash to make Smaug feel like a pauper.
I should be Jarl by now.

You probably don't need money right now if too much stuff is your problem. lol Totally opposite from the opening hours of the game, by level 30 you have drakos coming out of your azz.

Anonylulz

Whiterun has four people who buy exclusively weapons and armor, a general trader for gems and robes and the Alchemist shops buy dragon bones/scales.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts