• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Cool. When remodeling the house into entry way, does that give me back all my components used in buildingthhe stuff in the house, or just destroy everything making me have to start all over? the internet doesnt give a straight answer.

Bourn

Put me down for Heljarchen Hall. I like the location, you can see the Throat of the World and Dragonsreach from the front steps, and there is plenty of activity/people. My house is pretty stocked full right now, have two kids, Mjoll (wife), Bard, Serana, and myself. After the kids go to bed we like to mosh-pit to the lute and get white girl wasted.

But I might get the house in Morthal, being that I have Falkreath and Dawnstar houses, as well as all other vanilla houses. It's just getting to be some damn expensive. I've spent easily over 15k on materials and whatnot.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Does someone have screenshot of the locations? I can only find the one in Falkreath -_-
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Windstad_Manor
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Heljarchen_Hall

There's pics and you can view the location on the world map on those links.

My favourite is winstad manor, it's in a nice location with a view of the solitude arch, plus the location is in the morthal swamps allowing easy access to lot's of ingredients for poisons, also it has the best unique addition with the fish hatchery which is amazing for any alchemists.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Windstad_Manor
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Heljarchen_Hall

There's pics and you can view the location on the world map on those links.

My favourite is winstad manor, it's in a nice location with a view of the solitude arch, plus the location is in the morthal swamps allowing easy access to lot's of ingredients for poisons, also it has the best unique addition with the fish hatchery which is amazing for any alchemists.

I did like lakeview when I got hearthfire, but then I was thinking of winstad, nice location for a vampire I reckon.
(Even got to do a vampire quest to get the land)

Is there anyway to make the cellar look a little gloomy, sadly the coffin is the only vampiric thing you can put in the cellar.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I did like lakeview when I got hearthfire, but then I was thinking of winstad, nice location for a vampire I reckon.
(Even got to do a vampire quest to get the land)

Is there anyway to make the cellar look a little gloomy, sadly the coffin is the only vampiric thing you can put in the cellar.
You could always drop some things around the room, in vampire lairs you can get skulls, bloody rags, human heart/flesh, bloody tankards, bonemeal, poisons. in the volkihar castle you can get potions of blood too.
My characters a vamp with the morthal house too, it's perfect. You should get pickpocket to 100 and steal your housecarl/steward/wife's base clothing items then give them all vampire armour.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
You could always drop some things around the room, in vampire lairs you can get skulls, bloody rags, human heart/flesh, bloody tankards, bonemeal, poisons. in the volkihar castle you can get potions of blood too.
My characters a vamp with the morthal house too, it's perfect. You should get pickpocket to 100 and steal your housecarl/steward/wife's base clothing items then give them all vampire armour.

Thats a good idea, and maybe leave some furniture out of it. I like pickpocket but havent gotten it past 50, I dont actually know what its at on this build, im guessing the easiest way to get it up is with the thieves guild, or any other faction? I just wish you could turn anyone you want into a vampire, other than your wife.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Thats a good idea, and maybe leave some furniture out of it. I like pickpocket but havent gotten it past 50, I dont actually know what its at on this build, im guessing the easiest way to get it up is with the thieves guild, or any other faction? I just wish you could turn anyone you want into a vampire, other than your wife.
the easiest possible way would be to get the aetherial crown and the thief and lover stones for 35% faster levelling, then sleep and get lovers comfort for another 15%. Get some fortify pickpocket items too then pickpocket everyone, the higher the value of the item stolen the higher the xp. You'd definitely reach 100 in less than an hour and be rich.
If you leave the lights out and instead drop torches around then leave the cell and re enter and they will be lit on the floor, might help make it a bit creepier.

sticky runes

I've only just got the house in the Pale. It seems to be a bit too close to a giant camp for my liking, so I'm hoping we're still a safe enough distance when the giant and his mammoths respawn. We get a mill with this house, and I still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do with those things.

Lakeview Manor is the easiest house to get, but it seems to be the most frequently attacked house for me. I get vampires, giants, wolves and mudcrabs, plus there's that alter in the backyard where a necromancer will re-spawn every week or so.

I think the house I buy from Morthal is my favourite one so far. Haven't been attacked there yet. I get a pair of dead draugr lying in the grass, not sure what that's all about, but I hacven't seen any living draugr show up. And the horkers don't seem at all bothered by my housecarl wandering the edges of my land. We also get the fish hatchery so I can farm my own fish, which is a bit more exciting than the apiary.

I haven't adopted any kids yet. I don't think you need to do it at all, the game just tries to guilt-trip you into taking them in when you find homeless kids wandering around the towns with their sob stories. I might adopt kids with my female characters, my males aren't very paternal.

One of my houses has an alchemy tower and enchanting tower, but they seem quite pointless, since you can have those facilities installed in your main hall any way.

But I do love the green house feature. You can plant loads of ingredients, and when they blossom, they attract insects, so that means you get even more free ingredients! Or just keep the bugs as pets if you're that fond of nature.

Oh, and if you're worried about attacks from monsters and wild animals, then having a housecarl, steward and spouse who can fight well should keep your land safe. Wagon drivers may also fend off enemies with an axe if they get too close to the carriage.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I've only just got the house in the Pale. It seems to be a bit too close to a giant camp for my liking, so I'm hoping we're still a safe enough distance when the giant and his mammoths respawn. We get a mill with this house, and I still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do with those things.

Lakeview Manor is the easiest house to get, but it seems to be the most frequently attacked house for me. I get vampires, giants, wolves and mudcrabs, plus there's that alter in the backyard where a necromancer will re-spawn every week or so.

I think the house I buy from Morthal is my favourite one so far. Haven't been attacked there yet. I get a pair of dead draugr lying in the grass, not sure what that's all about, but I hacven't seen any living draugr show up. And the horkers don't seem at all bothered by my housecarl wandering the edges of my land. We also get the fish hatchery so I can farm my own fish, which is a bit more exciting than the apiary.

I haven't adopted any kids yet. I don't think you need to do it at all, the game just tries to guilt-trip you into taking them in when you find homeless kids wandering around the towns with their sob stories. I might adopt kids with my female characters, my males aren't very paternal.

One of my houses has an alchemy tower and enchanting tower, but they seem quite pointless, since you can have those facilities installed in your main hall any way.

But I do love the green house feature. You can plant loads of ingredients, and when they blossom, they attract insects, so that means you get even more free ingredients! Or just keep the bugs as pets if you're that fond of nature.

Oh, and if you're worried about attacks from monsters and wild animals, then having a housecarl, steward and spouse who can fight well should keep your land safe. Wagon drivers may also fend off enemies with an axe if they get too close to the carriage.

With the mill I think if you add 3 wheat to it, then it makes a sack of flour.
It's the worst unique thing of the 3 houses in my opinion, sacks of flour are easy to find in random sacks and barrels as well as buy at food stalls, much more common than bee's and it's far less useful than the fish hatchery.
I love the location of the pale house, the view over whiterun and the plains is nice, I think the only reason you'd choose the house for the mill is if you were roleplaying a wealthy farmer or something, with the greenhouse and the garden and their fast 2 day respawn time farming crops like wheat,leeks,cabbages etc could actually be viable, your profits would be limited though, however with the kitchen addition you could use your flour and crops that you've grown to make pies and such to sell at the market for higher profit. The only problem is I can never find any butter or milk anywhere.
I agree with lakeview too, I'm attacked at every visit mostly by bandits or vampires, location is nice though great for roleplaying a hunter, just build the small house and use it as a cabin in the woods.
Morthals my favourite because of the hatchery and i'm a vamp alchemist so the location is ideal. The housecarl is the best to imo, only magic using housecarl in the game.
On my old save I had Brelyna as spouse, Illia as steward and the magic using housecarl, i got attacked by a dragon and i just watched them kill it, brelyna with her flame atronach and firebolts, illia casting ice storm and the other with ice spike, it was killed in seconds.

My favourite addition is the greenhouse then I'm not sure I like having a tower just for alchemy but it's not needed, the trophy room and the kitchen are nice.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I liked the lakeview house because of it's seclusiveness, and a good area for hunting. Is winstad manor in a secluded like area like lakeview (Roleplay perspective, no one would want to visit you in a murky scary swamp)

I wish you could choose, precisely what to build, a hunter shack for instance,not as small as the entry way, but not as gigantic as the mainhall, I think they went abit overboard with it, maybe they only thought of something fit for a dragonborn, perhaps in a maybe future DLC(Or game) they could add other housing ideas, and a choose your own area.

Butter is hard to come by, sometimes I find it on bandits but rarely, the butter thing in the kitchen only gives one, and for milk, Whats the point in having a cow, if you cant milk it! which is another way to make butter.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I liked the lakeview house because of it's seclusiveness, and a good area for hunting. Is winstad manor in a secluded like area like lakeview (Roleplay perspective, no one would want to visit you in a murky scary swamp)

I wish you could choose, precisely what to build, a hunter shack for instance,not as small as the entry way, but not as gigantic as the mainhall, I think they went abit overboard with it, maybe they only thought of something fit for a dragonborn, perhaps in a maybe future DLC(Or game) they could add other housing ideas, and a choose your own area.

Butter is hard to come by, sometimes I find it on bandits but rarely, the butter thing in the kitchen only gives one, and for milk, Whats the point in having a cow, if you cant milk it! which is another way to make butter.
Windstad is a great location, it's secluded and a way east of the solitude arch, perfect for a hideout.
I agree with the shack thing, I normally build just the small house layout for that.
I actually found out yesterday that the food stall in whiterun stocks butter, flour and jugs of milk, I'd guess the 1 in windhelm does too.

Wuffles

I have Lakeview Manor (Falkreath) as my "Family home", Bedrooms, Trophey room and Kitchen. I'm planning on making another home my Armoury, enchanting tower, etc and another my Holiday home (Library, etc).

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Hmm, I will go Windstad, for my main vampire house, though not have much rooms, probably a kitchen and tower.

Then I would build a small shack in hjaalmarch and lakeview, Lakeview is a better hunting area so that would be the hunting house, where as hjaalmarch has a wheat mill, so that can be a small farm.

(Can vampires eat fruits and vege O_O!?)

Could someone give me a few views of windstad from the outside, back view front view ect, of the area.(Back facing solitude, taking snap of the place from semi far)?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Hmm, I will go Windstad, for my main vampire house, though not have much rooms, probably a kitchen and tower.

Then I would build a small shack in hjaalmarch and lakeview, Lakeview is a better hunting area so that would be the hunting house, where as hjaalmarch has a wheat mill, so that can be a small farm.

(Can vampires eat fruits and vege O_O!?)

Could someone give me a few views of windstad from the outside, back view front view ect, of the area.(Back facing solitude, taking snap of the place from semi far)?
good ideas, heres some pics courtesy of google
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts