• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

Im running a shield and trying to decide best one handed weapon.

Sword strikes faster and can have +20% critical(how much damage increase is a critical?)

or

Maces strike slower but can have 75% armour ignoring(sounds really powerful)

in my inexperienced opinion mace seems best option but am I missing something? are more enemies resistent to mace? is the sword that much faster? or does critical do insane amounts of damage?

godinabox

swords are best from numbers game. but dont play skyrim with whats the best attitude ull just break ur char and have no fun. good thing about skyrim is u can use any 1hander that happens to be the best when u get it

DragonBorn

Daderic dagger (legendary) I duel wield these bad boys. 12 weight combined and 70 damage per double hit. 35 ea

dbukalski

swords are best from numbers game. but dont play skyrim with whats the best attitude ull just break ur char and have no fun. good thing about skyrim is u can use any 1hander that happens to be the best when u get it

how do you determine swords are best from #s standpoint? Is 20% critical that big advantage compared to 75% armour ignoring?

Daderic dagger (legendary) I duel wield these bad boys. 12 weight combined and 70 damage per double hit. 35 ea

better than dual weild swords?

Sword strikes faster and can have +20% critical(how much damage increase is a critical?)

or

in my inexperienced opinion mace seems best option but am I missing something? are more enemies resistent to mace? is the sword that much faster? or does critical do insane amounts of damage?
The best sword in the game is the max levelled Chillrend you find during the Thieves Guild quest line! You have to wait till your the appropriate level though which is about 30 so that you get the best one! Its base damage is higher than a daedric sword when at max level making it the best one handed sword in the game. Also i prefer swords due to both the finishers being cooler, longer reach as well as the ability to cut someone's head off looks a lot better with a sword!

Flying_Wookie

I switch between the two...After you reach the point where you can improve them drastically, the damage differences between them aren't terribly large (only 40 damage, between 220 for sword and 260 for mace). That being said, I prefer maces because of the 75% armor ignoring. In the end, it's all up to you, but I'm rather biased towards maces (partially because the finishers....not gonna lie, it's pretty awesome seeing your character simply knock off the head of your opponent).

Note: I also drastically improved my weapon damage (through legitimate means, don't worry :p) - I have multiple items that increase my one-handed skill, and through enchanting separate armor, I was able to improve weapons and armor twice as much. Keep that in mind :p

Jaeger

I'd stay away from the Bladesman perks. Bladesman gives a rather minor increase to damage--having all three levels of this perk only increases your average damage by 10% of the weapon's base damage, or at most 2.1 damage per attack. It doesn't take into account any smitting increase. Broke as far as I am concerned.

There is a unique axe that swings as fast as a sword.

Panthera

Don Gato

or

Don't forget that maces are heavier than swords so are more stamina consuming.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts