• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NoVa

Bossmer
Is Absorb Health better than Banish? I'm able to sell my Banish iron daggers for 1.5Kish without any price enhancing clothing. I believe I've only got one perk in speechcraft to increase my prices, also.

I know Absorb Health + Banish is fantastic for money making, but I didn't pick up Absorb Health until after I was 100 enchanting and I can't say I know which is better. Just curious : )
honestly either way your going to make the merchant go broke every time. In terms of combat absorb health is my preferred enchant ^_^

Argurotoxus

A fair point good sir! I will remember this on my new thief!

I thought it was worth bringing up as a side discussion, does anybody else feel enchanting is extraordinarily overpowered in this game?

I mean, get level 100 enchanting. Now you can cast up to two schools of magic without using any mana, improve your smithing twofold, get 60% better prices (at least that's where I maxed out), and I haven't gotten my thief to start enchanting much yet so I can't say how far I can improve my bow/dagger damage, but I'm sure it's at least doubled.

NoVa

Bossmer
A fair point good sir! I will remember this on my new thief!

I thought it was worth bringing up as a side discussion, does anybody else feel enchanting is extraordinarily overpowered in this game?

I mean, get level 100 enchanting. Now you can cast up to two schools of magic without using any mana, improve your smithing twofold, get 60% better prices (at least that's where I maxed out), and I haven't gotten my thief to start enchanting much yet so I can't say how far I can improve my bow/dagger damage, but I'm sure it's at least doubled.
Playing on Master difficulty I still find my character to be slightly OP due to smithing upgrades except when I fight Master Pyromancers/Conjurers. My magic defense is lacking but it keeps me on my toes.

Katt

Fwi, there is an enchanting alter in whiterun, in the jarl's castle. Plus the castle wizard will sell soul gems, even filled grands..love that town :)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Fortify Resistances FTW, assuming you want to use the stuff, not sell it. It is possible to enchant armor items with 40% (and maybe more) resistance to elements or magic.... and the harder opponents are those that blast magic at you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts