Best enchant for glass bow?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

drhooke

...or any bow for that matter.

Just picked up a glass bow last night and wondering what everyone has enchanted their bows with and which you'd recommend? Just started enchanting really, so not very skilled yet, but love this glass bow so want to beef it up.

Larfox

Well, especially starting out, I like putting soul trap on my bow. I use the biggest soul gem I have and set it to go off with 1 second to kill to fill.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

MrDSL

I personally feel using a bow you want to do as much damage per hit as possible..your goal is to kill them before they get melee on you..

I enchant all my bows either

Chaos damage/frost damage. Chaos damage cause its boss of course and frost to slow them down and drain their stamina also.

If I plan on using slow aim perk with archery a lot then its

Chaos damage/absorb stamina

Twiffle

whatever you want, a bow is a bow is a bow,

Vaga8ond

Get different bows and experiment with every enchant and find which one fits your play-style. Some like frost for the slow and stamina damage, others like straight fire for the extra damage. If you get another glass bow put different enchants on each and use them in different situations.

Voodoo_uk2

I love the Bow to Sword and Board not that i dont enjoy a bit of in ya face smash mouth ..and a glass bow is great find..... as the previous posts say most bows wont need enchanting for a good 1 shot but you will need a good set of arrows for this i found anything 10+dam is best ANYWAYS............
As your starting out Enchants on a Glass bow id recommend Soul Trap ( So you can fill ya Gems ) and then a Health or Stamina damage if you can put two on it ..Black Soul Gems best and Grand Soul then Common then Lesser then Petty i think is how it goes
I have a Daedric Bow with Daedric Arrows its got Soul Trap if dies within 10 seconds and Paralyse 15% chance of
I also have a second Stalhrim Bow with Stalhrim arrows which has Fire damage and Shock Damage
Then i have DawnBreaker ( Sword ) and an Enchanted Ancient Nordic Pickaxe i use if im in close and also a big Ebony 2hnded battle axe enchanted with Health and Fire Dam for bigger types
I got my Majik and Conjuration up also and im able to Conjure a Ghost Bow and Arrow up which is quite cool too

Practice on hunting Elk,Deer and Crabs for Gem filling and stuff like Rabbits and Hawks for Accuracy and when your braver try seeing how close you can get to a Troll ,Sabrecat or Bear i found Trolls jump up and down alot before they do the charge and Bears will mostly Stand up to show their fearsomeness b4 they engage where as the Sabrecat is in your face before your arrows at full load
Funniest hit on a troll i got was when i was going up the side of a steep mountain saw a troll near the top and as it was prancing about slapping its own head i fired at it which paralysed it and it came rolling and bouncing past me i was in fits sooo funney ..but you had to be there really

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
For my bows I would go with two bows, one with Soul Trap (preferably the fiery version) and the other with drain stamina, unless I could but them both on one

Rhubarb&Custard

I enchanted my glass bow with Chaos Damage and named it Wonderbolt. I don't know why I named it Wonderbolt, it just popped into my head, and it seemed better than naming it just "Chaos". I also found a Daedric Bow for the first time yesterday, I enchanted that with Chaos Damage too, and named it "Madness". I was going to go with Shegorath's something, but I couldn't think of anything. :p

Like other members have said, try out different enchantments, sometimes the high powered bows are just for looks, cause even though I have a Daedric Bow with a Chaos Enchant that does 101 ish damage, I'm finding just a regular Hunting Bow smithed to Exquisite level just as good, if not better because of the quick draw and pull back times, I'd never noticed it before I read about someone trying it on these forums, and I thought I'd give it a go.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Well, especially starting out, I like putting soul trap on my bow. I use the biggest soul gem I have and set it to go off with 1 second to kill to fill.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yes, I have a glass bow with a 1 sec soul trap on it.

MrDSL

You guys really use soul trap? Seems like a wasted enchant since filled gems seem to be everywhere.

Rhubarb&Custard

You guys really use soul trap? Seems like a wasted enchant since filled gems seem to be everywhere.
It's handy for when you have a lot of empty gems on you and you need them filling. What annoys me is that smaller souls go into bigger gems. Like I'd have a black soul gem with a petty or common soul, which does bugger all when you need to charge your weapons or enchant your gear.

MrDSL

It's handy for when you have a lot of empty gems on you and you need them filling. What annoys me is that smaller souls go into bigger gems. Like I'd have a black soul gem with a petty or common soul, which does bugger all when you need to charge your weapons or enchant your gear.

Yeah I noticed that also..I get soo many from just drops though that I never run out so I stopped using the enchant at that point. So I just sell all the empty ones.

Rhubarb&Custard

Yeah I noticed that also..I get soo many from just drops though that I never run out so I stopped using the enchant at that point. So I just sell all the empyt ones.
They take up loads of space too, I have a whole end table in my Lakeview home just dedicated to soul gems. I'm organised like that. :p

Ritterkreuz

At first soul trap, but for the long haul, fiery soul trap. Hands down the best enchantment for any weapon in the game. Drop the time on the soul trap to 1 second, that's all you'll need, and you end up with a ridiculous number of shots with 10 points of fire damage. Plus you'll fill your soul gems in no time.

Fiery Soul trap, don't leave home with out it.

tvr123

Brotip: Dropping a soul gem empties it. Useful for when you accidently fill a grand soul gem with a petty soul/

Twiffle

^^ no it doesnt,, i just tried it !!

tvr123

^^ no it doesnt,, i just tried it !!
I just looked it up and apparently it's a bug. It has always worked for me though, even with the unofficial and latest official patch. Do you play on console?

"Occasionally, dropping a soul gem you filled yourself onto the ground will cause it to lose its charge without breaking. This allows you to clear out an unwanted soul from a soul gem (for example, if you put a petty soul into a grand soul gem) without losing the soul gem itself."

Skyrim:Soul Gems - UESPWiki

Twiffle

never happened to me since i had the game,

Voodoo_uk2

I use Azurers Star a lot but for some reason its really fussy about which soul goes in great for saving on Black gems and grand gems though i have a safe full of them

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts