Best Armor in Skyrim ???????????

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rabidius

What is the best armor in skyrim according to u guys ?????????????????????????

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
The Mummy Ray could instantly dehydrate a man, essentially mummifying him.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
The ones I target:

Blades Armor- great protection early game and it's found as a complete set for free, along with a bunch of Blades swords

Ebony Mail- Daedric artifact, hated by many archers due to the power that activates during a crouch, but I'm used to it. You gotta get your hands dirty to get it.

Stalhrim Light- I just like the way it looks and it offers excellent protection, though it's not easily attained and you need the Dragonborn dlc. Accepts frost enchantments well.

Ahzidal's Genius Armor- Excellent multi-purpose armor for the Heavy Armor Mage (one of my personal favorite builds) with really cool powers. A must-have for the serious enchanter. Dragonborn dlc required.

Once I've perked to the point that I can make any armor viable, I improve a set of fur armor w/ forsworn gauntlets and boots for hunting/exploring and I run the Ebony Mail with Carved Nordic gauntlets and boots for dungeon diving/world saving... or in the case of my current build, world ending.

Bottom line, every armor type can be the absolute best with crafting. Early game you are kinda stuck with what you find, but if you are interested in crafting, you can pick a type based on looks only and improve it to the point that it protects as well as the best daedric armor.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Technically, the daedric armour is the best heavy armour and Dragon Scale is the best light armour. I almost always go with Dragon Scale, it looks cool, it has great protection, and this is my 200th post my friend.

Nighthiker77

I mostly just wear what I like the looks of, or has unique enchantments like the ebony mail or shrouded gloves.

In vanilla my favorite is wolf for heavy, elven gilded for light, and the saviors hide for unique.

Mod armor, my favorites are the Triss armor(CBBE) , Dovakin mercenary(CBBE) , and princess of the woods(UNP)

I think light is way better than heavy if you are smithing.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Wise man say: The best armor against logic is ignorance

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Wise man say: The best armor against logic is ignorance

I go for armor that looks cool; I don't really care as much about armor rating as long as it looks good on my characters. Playing mostly sneaky-type characters, I usually kill everything before it can lay a hand on me anyway.

So my characters may not always be the wisest, but they look damn good when whooping monster butt. :cool:

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Daedric heavy, without question! Its almost op'ed! That armor is just beast!! Sometimes i get tired of the look tho and go with something else but far as protection goes its the best u can get from what i've come across.

jarif

It's about preference especially on PC, the best technically is dragonbone and deadric, a dragons bones are stronger than steel and deadric is you know, deadric. Theirs a very popular mod called Skyrim Redone and it lets all armors have their own benefits for example Ebony has magic resistance if you wear a full set. If your good enough with smithing and enchanting make how you want it. Besides all that I like Ebony, the magic resistance is pretty neat too, I like Insanitys take on the Ebony sword.

When it comes to adventuring it probably depends on my mood and today's goal like I want to feel pretty intimidating than Deadric, the kinda hero than Dragonplate with the helmet mask, Ebony the whole hero knight, Iron for basic adventuring, maybe stahlrim for the frozen wasteland since they have a automatic resistance to frost.

I like my upgraded nightingale armor, it's the best armor to me.
Along with my shrouded black hood (archery bonus) but I have dragon scale and boots enchanted with sneak and lockpicking which looks pretty badass with it. (Then my daedric bow and arrows)

I just feel like a badass jumping around the mountain side silently, cape fluttering in the wind, like I'm some type of supervillain/hero (depending on my mood) lol.

From all these different view points , I see that mages , and melee types have many , different opinions , as should be . Chose what fits your , game playing style , or what is pleasing to the eye . It's all good .....:cool:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
While I always like the Dragonscale armor, on my current Argonian, I am really liking the Scaled armor. Until I can get Dragonscale, this seems like the strongest out there in the way of light armor (plus it looks cool on his scaly hide!).

Rimfaxe96

Usually I only wear the Nightingale armor it's my absolute favourite.
When it comes to Heavy Armor though I choose the Ebony Mail. Really awesome that stuff.
For robes, I do like those of Taron Dreth. Immediatly robbed them from him after he tried to have me killed because 'I knew too much'.

Dawn

I think 'best' is highly subjective given most armor can hit the mitigation cap with maxed crafting. Once capped, it really doesn't matter what the base armor values are - thus Daedric isn't any better than anything else, so I'd suggest wearing whatever looks best to you.

IMO, Daedric (and most of the 'high level') armor look like crap. Not to mention I find little use for heavy armor given with crafting I can hit the physical mitigation cap with light armor (which in general looks better to me than heavy armor - though I do like the looks of some of the low level basic heavy armor sets).

Light also suits my preferred play-style of using ranged and sneak attacks along with constant movement to avoid getting hit in the first place, so much so that I usually ending up burning most of my gold buying armor training as otherwise I'd never get it leveled up.

I have played a melee warrior that used heavy armor (and didn't use archery or magic). By the time I smithed a set of Ebony armor, I was over the mitigation cap, and never bothered to perk up the tree any further (I was also using the Longhammer, so had no need for smithing higher level weapons).

If I ever play another physical melee type, I'll probably just go with light armor. That would probably make the early game more interesting trying to survive close combat with minimal armor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts