• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Unfortunely your armor rating of 738 isn't going to help you much.
And why heavy armor when sneaking?

I'm generaly in close range of hostiles, even though I'm an archer, so I use heavy armour because it's tougher. Besides I have the perk that reduces armour noise by 50%, my boots make me silent and improve sneaking by 43% and my sneaking skill is 100. Heavy armour or not, they only hear my arrow being released :)

MrCostari

I'm generaly in close range of hostiles, even though I'm an archer, so I use heavy armour because it's tougher. Besides I have the perk that reduces armour noise by 50%, my boots make me silent and improve sneaking by 43% and my sneaking skill is 100. Heavy armour or not, they only hear my arrow being released :)
Ah ok :)
Everybody their own preference, right :)
But do you know that the armor is capped at 567?

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Thanks for all your replies guys. I didn't mean for this thread to start a war between some posters. But I appreciate your input. One more question, to level up your smithing, you should just make iron daggers all the time or what?

That's what I did, and I got my smithing to 100 in a few days (only because I couldn't be bothered to do it all at once). It's very expensive for new players though, 'iron daggering' from 1 to 100 costs about 10k. I would try leather vambraces perhaps.

*SPOILER* *FREE SMITHING LEVELING* If you go to Balimund, the smith in Riften, he comes out of a building each day (forgets name). If you go in that building, and down the stairs to the cellar, you will find a loads of ingots and leather and leather strips. You can use these (if you're prepared to steal them when his assisstant is usualy nearby) and level your smithing for free.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Ah ok :)
Everybody their own preference, right :)
But do you know that the armor is capped at 567?

How can it be? My armour rating is definately 738. Or does it just say that, and give me protection equivalent to 567?

MrCostari

How can it be? My armour rating is definately 738. Or does it just say that, and give me protection equivalent to 567?
Yep, it is capped at 567 and that is 80% of the damage you can protect to.
It's a shame, I know.
I learned it from people here, maybe they can explain it better to you.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Probably for the best, I don't want to be totaly invincible :L Then it would only be a matter of how quickly I can kill everything.

BTW can you see three player style tags in my signature, or is it a big grey box of HTML?

MrCostari

Probably for the best, I don't want to be totaly invincible :L Then it would only be a matter of how quickly I can kill everything.

BTW can you see three player style tags in my signature, or is it a big grey box of HTML?
Nope, it's in HTML.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts